Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP is broken BIG time!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP is broken BIG time!

Raventn
11.18.2012 , 08:19 PM | #1
I never usely complain about game i love pvp its part of the game but this is terrible i don't understand why hell DID you destroyed the pvp?

Back 1.2 battlemaster gear was fine and rest was about skills np was fair fights most of the times.
Now 1.3 to 1.5 basic not even fun to play pvp anymore! Ifeel people like easy mod pvp games iquess thats it?
Its not about skills anymore its gear!

And what is actully terrible is that pugs groups / casual player wanna have some pvp times getting basic faceroll destroyed in pvp beacuse of this gear cap and unbalanced matters.

I Dont care about lose or win but unfair gameplay is defenitly boring.

I spend 6houers pvp today only to get destroyed.
I just hope future of the pvp changes happends beacuse this might be last people will ever play on swtor soon there will be QQ not enoght player to pvp aginst.

dejavy
11.18.2012 , 11:22 PM | #2
Lots of BW guys were fired or been exchanged. I only hope that new peeps will change the present state of things. I hate gear rush in games. I like the idea of GW2 but the realization is a bit poor. I wish i fight for rare gear and ranks not new gear and gear only again. Let's wait till 1.6.

FourTwent
11.18.2012 , 11:56 PM | #3
MK2 recruit is 20% below War Hero, BM is even less.

If that's not enough for you to make up via skill, then you'll just have to lose your warzones all the way to full War Hero. . .and then come on the forums and complain about how premades are ruining solo pugs.

You're not a special snowflake, I've seen the same types come through the forums, they always seem to blame their problems on something else. . .never can they own up to their own failures.

Kajuana
11.19.2012 , 12:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
MK2 recruit is 20% below War Hero, BM is even less.

If that's not enough for you to make up via skill, then you'll just have to lose your warzones all the way to full War Hero. . .and then come on the forums and complain about how premades are ruining solo pugs.

You're not a special snowflake, I've seen the same types come through the forums, they always seem to blame their problems on something else. . .never can they own up to their own failures.
^

I think you are missing out on some augments? Buy augments and shuff them into your BM gear.
You aren't supposed to trade in your BM gear for your WH gear anyway. Min-maxing starts from BM gear.
The STILLWATER Legacy @ LAST BASTION
Kajuana 55 SHADOW, Katherina 50 SENTINEL, Shadowraith 50 SCOUNDREL, Kyhina 50 COMMANDO

DarthRaika
11.19.2012 , 01:13 AM | #5
I don't have a huge prob with the gear gap ( I do think they should get rid of optimizing in pvp and add a new tier so people can't say dumb stuff like fourtwent did) but fourtwent you aren't that dumb.

The gear gap is very large when you look at optimized aug wh. Just a fotm example for you is that an optimized aug wh jug's smash will do more than twice the dmg of a recruit jugs. Add that to the much larger dmg mit, and much higher health pool and your 20% figure is just beyond ignorant.

Arionfax
11.27.2012 , 02:34 PM | #6
The problem with PVP is premades being matched against PUG's. It is really starting to ruin PVP IMO. If they don't fix it soon, a lot of people will leave. PVPers are paying customers Bioware. Wake up!!!

Rassuro
11.27.2012 , 03:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
The gear gap is very large when you look at optimized aug wh. Just a fotm example for you is that an optimized aug wh jug's smash will do more than twice the dmg of a recruit jugs. Add that to the much larger dmg mit, and much higher health pool and your 20% figure is just beyond ignorant.
So much this. Even if you'd make it 20% both for offense and 20% for defense, that ends up being a whole lot in the end. Hopefully when Gabe said that he wanted it to be 20%, he meant a combination of offense and defense.

By the way, where the "20% PVP gear gap" came from was an interview from a few months ago. Gabe said that they eventually want the gap to be 20% going from a fresh 50 (which I would assume means Recruit since it's free) to someone in best gear, but they weren't there yet, and that they were going to introduce Recruit MK-2 but that still would not bring it close to 20%.
What was going to bring the gear gap closer to 20% was the planned gear bolster for level 50, which we unfortunately haven't heard anything about since.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Arlanon
11.27.2012 , 03:56 PM | #8
PvP is fine. Some of the players are broken.

Aluvi
11.27.2012 , 04:34 PM | #9
People spending TIME and EFFORT to grind out GEAR in a GAME???

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, AN MMO?!?!?

/thread
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> POT5
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

Hambunctious
11.27.2012 , 06:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
People spending TIME and EFFORT to grind out GEAR in a GAME???

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, AN MMO?!?!?

/thread
Except you're not dealing with tiered pve gating, and enrage timers. People are getting crushed by those better geared, and there's zero fun in that. BM geared people have no chance against players with fully optimized/augmented WH gear. None, zero, nada, zilch.

Some classes have to grind multiple sets to get both the set bonuses they want, and then the stats they want. Until you do most of that, you're not having much fun.