Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Weekly PvP pass price too high IMO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Weekly PvP pass price too high IMO

FourTwent's Avatar


FourTwent
11.17.2012 , 12:35 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksaweri View Post
Read the 3rd post in this thread...
so you choose to buy the more expensive pack of cartel coins and you want to complain about how expensive it is?

try again later troll

Nataph's Avatar


Nataph
11.17.2012 , 12:47 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Seriously... the way I see it that $12 a month is saving me a ton of money. I can't count how many times I've stayed home on a friday night instead of going out with friends... which usually ends up being at least a $100 bar tab.

Most people spend $12 a week minimum on soda, junk food and a ton of other useless things. $12 a month for hours of entertainment is hardly a lot, especially when you break down how many of hours of entertainment per month.

Maybe it's a different perspective from the view of an adult but I hardly see it being considered expensive. Even at 12-13 years old I was earning more than that for doing chores around the house.
And here is we totally agree. Watching a 2 hour movie at the theater will cost me up towards 20$ yet I spend 15$ per month for a game i play over 60 hours of month. That is by far a deal. Not to mention, i stay home, drink my rum/coke and have fun. Yes I am married and have two boys in which I play only when she/they go to bed. and i still get to play for so cheap.

Now for people who wish to F2P at a cheaper price or a small price for all the wz's they wish to play but can only receive one WH piece per month. I know the valor is harder to get but we no longer have the centurion/champion gear therefore you hit 50 and can start getting WH weapons. This I disagree with.
The Bastion

55's Ixzaran Aar'siah Hâdassah Hada'ssah Nashata Nataph Sashasa

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
11.17.2012 , 01:55 PM | #33
F2P was just so you can level and get hooked to the game in that aspect.

Think of it as an extended trial; MMOness to attract WoW players, leveling for KOTOR Refugees, but they didn't want to pay subs. Now, if they just want to play the story and be done, they can do it for $60 (or however much the disc costs, if anything, dunno). If you really want to play a lot then you need to sub. This makes sense...
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Managuense's Avatar


Managuense
11.17.2012 , 04:25 PM | #34
The Entitlement Generation seems to want everything for free.

Praiden's Avatar


Praiden
11.18.2012 , 02:11 AM | #35
the data is completely free discs do not exsist
RUN FROM THE GLOWSTICKS
SWG Lowca
SWTOR Prophecy of the Five - Myirk 50 Happy Feet

RycheMykola's Avatar


RycheMykola
11.18.2012 , 05:56 PM | #36
I'd give them unlimited queues. Faster queue times for paying subscribers is a good thing. (implement a queue system like in login though, where paying people move to the front of the line).

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.18.2012 , 10:13 PM | #37
Normal mmos that go f2p will actually make it worthwhile for people who just want to do one part of the game- like pvp- who are willing to pay some money but don't want a sub. That's because they've realized their game isn't doing well as a sub model and want f2p players to feel like valuable customers too.

This f2p model doesn't do that if you take even a bare minimum look at the prices. To only get one aspect of the game- and still suffer from all sorts of penalties (credit limit, increased cost to buy gear with tokens) as well as have to pay for some necessary features (like being able to wear purples)- you're paying almost as much per month as a subscriber while getting a tiny fraction of what they get.

Sure- on the surface that might seem like it would encourage people to get subs... but frankly, this game ALREADY FAILED with a sub system- what we now have is still a sub system but with a long demo.

After over half a year of non stop arrogance from BW and refusal to listen to anyone while their numbers plummeted- they pull this? It looks like they haven't learned, and they're not trying.

BW- seriously, smarten up, make a real f2p system that actually makes it feel like a good idea to be a f2p member and be paying for the things they like to do. Face it- your customers largely don't want to pay subs, we've had close to a year now to learn that, so stop acting like they do- you need to realize that having 500k subs and 1.5 million customers paying around 5 dollars a month on average to get access to what they like- such as pvp or operations- is going to be much better than having a tiny increase in subs (if that even happens) and a f2p crowd that realizes how huge a rip off this game is and leave in the same disgust they left the game in after 1.2 hit.

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.18.2012 , 10:25 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Managuense View Post
The Entitlement Generation seems to want everything for free.
Yes, they want it for free- hence why it was asked for a pass that gives access to one part of the game should be much cheaper than a sub that gives full access and only costs a few bucks more currently.

But I'm sure you, in all your capitalistic wisdom, can explain why you believe that taking a product that isn't doing well (SWTOR) and releasing a very unappealing f2p model that won't attract new consumers is going to turn it around? Oh, you can't, that's right- because it won't, because it never does.

Guess what- a million new players willing to fork over only 5 dollars a month is going to be a lot better than 50k new players forking over 15.

But please- continue the mindless biodroning that you've so gallantly defended this game's decisions for months with as they botched what should have been a million+ sub game for years.