Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There is currently no active subscription on this account

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
There is currently no active subscription on this account
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Isheda
11.18.2012 , 06:35 PM | #11
hi again he is able to login but still has no access to the forums

Gomla
11.18.2012 , 06:42 PM | #12
Sorry to slap myself in the thread but my wife had a free account and is trying to set up a subscription.

Everytime she she tries it asks for a valid e-mail address to verify.

She enters her e-mail and nothing. No e-mail goes through so she can't subscribe.

Bronholz
11.18.2012 , 06:44 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Isheda View Post
hi again he is able to login but still has no access to the forums
It can sometimes take a little longer for the forum access to be added to accounts, so please ask them to keep checking over the next few hours and if they still aren't able to access contact us again.

Thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
Sorry to slap myself in the thread but my wife had a free account and is trying to set up a subscription.

Everytime she she tries it asks for a valid e-mail address to verify.

She enters her e-mail and nothing. No e-mail goes through so she can't subscribe.
Hi Gomla,

Do you have the account name there?

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Gomla
11.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi Gomla,

Do you have the account name there?

Thanks.
Yep, she's down as Cheldinka.

She set it up on Thursday as a free account but wants to subscribe now. She gets to the part after selecting a plan where it asks for an e-mail address.

She's tried it several times but hasn't got an e-mail through. We know you folks are busy so was wondering if there was a problem or anything else we could do to help set it up for her?

Bronholz
11.18.2012 , 06:55 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Although I know its simple have you checked the Spam box to make sure the mails are coming through there?

Another thing that can be cause of this is if your wife has an Origin account registered to this email address. Specifically this can occur if the Origin account has opted to not receive marketing emails, choosing to receive them (if just for the time it takes to get the mail) can let the email through.

Thanks.

Gomla
11.18.2012 , 07:04 PM | #16
Although I know its simple have you checked the Spam box to make sure the mails are coming through there?

Another thing that can be cause of this is if your wife has an Origin account registered to this email address. Specifically this can occur if the Origin account has opted to not receive marketing emails, choosing to receive them (if just for the time it takes to get the mail) can let the email through.

Thanks.
There is nothing in the spam folder.

She allowed marketing mails through Origin but still nothing.

Gomla
11.18.2012 , 07:29 PM | #17
For some strange reason there seems to be 2 accounts for her e-mail.

We managed to set a sub up, it has all her details. Password, secret questions and the like but the account name has changed to one of my old ones for Origin.

Trying to explain the awkward ... It's not upgraded her free account rather it's "set up a new one" under one of my old Origin names using her password and secret details. It's all a bit strange but it's worked.

We won't complain about losing her character, it was only level 10 but she now has a subbed account.

Thanks for the help though, sorry to add to your workload.

Edit for stupidity .... It was my fault.

When I entered for beta the e-mail she is now using was a joint one and the one I use was for gaming. Seems I entered for beta on both e-mails and it's that account that has now upgraded.

Incredibly sorry for wasting your time. My memory aint what it used to be and I didn't remember that until she brought it up.

Bronholz
11.18.2012 , 07:33 PM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Gomla,

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been in some way resolved.

If you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry I didn't get back to your sooner, thanks for your patience.

Gomla
11.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #19
Hi again Gomla,

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been in some way resolved.

If you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry I didn't get back to your sooner, thanks for your patience.
Not a problem, we don't mind waiting.

I just edited my post, it seems it was my fault and I used both the joint e-mail and my gaming e-mail to set up beta accounts and that was causing the problem.

It was all down to me being a numpty.

Thankyou for your time and sorry again for adding to your work load.

streidl
11.18.2012 , 07:36 PM | #20
I am having the same problem. I was able to login as ftp, I paid for a subscription, now I cant login at all.

I called and waited on hold for 2 hours then had to go to bed. Called back, waited over 2 hours was given a ticket number to speak to a higher level agent, and they hung up on me at transfer. I called back and waited 2 hours and 40 minutes was given another ticket number and told that the higher level agent would call me (as they were having trouble transferring...). We are now 19 hours later, still no call, still no access to my account, and 2 days gone from my subscription that I paid for.

Any help at this point would be super.

(I posted elsewhere, but I think that thread got buried. )