Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is there goin to be a chapter 4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
is there goin to be a chapter 4

Jandi
11.17.2012 , 05:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
Just a random thought, but how many years was it between WoW expansions. How long did it take for Burning Crusade to come out after WoW was first launched? Different game I know but perhaps this might gauge how long we need to wait before they put any new real content in like 2.0 and hopefully more story.
The industry, and the potential market, has changed drastically since then. It's irrelevant what the time frames were back then.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Ausstig
11.17.2012 , 06:17 PM | #62
it took WOW 2-3 years to bring out it's first expansion.
Have Force lightning will travel

SaintForHire
11.17.2012 , 08:47 PM | #63
I thought daniel erickson said something about makeb adding more story before he left BioWare.

Go to 1:30
Saintforhire - Level 50 Mercenary on The Shadowlands

Jandi
11.17.2012 , 09:49 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by SaintForHire View Post
I thought daniel erickson said something about makeb adding more story before he left BioWare.

Go to 1:30
Story, sure. Class story, no. Which what this thread is about. You can say that there's story in section X as well.

E: And besides, what Daniel said before he was fired has no bearing on anything. In fact, anything anyone said before the mass firings can be forgotten completely. Their focus has shifted drastically.

SaintForHire
11.18.2012 , 04:26 PM | #65
I don't personally think their focus shifted drastically in the specific instance of Makeb. Makeb is supposed to bring a level cap increase, which to me means more class story. I could be wrong here, but if you're going to add enough content to raise the level cap, there better be story content. In the game so far, every planet you went through had class story, this should be no different.
Saintforhire - Level 50 Mercenary on The Shadowlands

Jandi
11.18.2012 , 05:02 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by SaintForHire View Post
I don't personally think their focus shifted drastically in the specific instance of Makeb. Makeb is supposed to bring a level cap increase, which to me means more class story. I could be wrong here, but if you're going to add enough content to raise the level cap, there better be story content. In the game so far, every planet you went through had class story, this should be no different.
They've stated that Makeb will not add any class story, only planet arc that is shared between everyone, like every other planet has. That's why people are getting worried and/or angry.

JekRendar
11.19.2012 , 12:33 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by TYBERzan View Post
and honestly, if you follow the nay-sayers you would know its just a small group of trolls who are in love with galaxies and desperately want a sandbox, we may get some sandbox features but until this game is galaxies 2.0
So...the 1.4M players that left were all from Galaxies? If that's true, then maybe TOR should have included more sandbox features! Nope, most of those 1.4M as well as most haters here are WoW kiddies. I know that you might not understand this, but please bear with me. There are more "WoW vs SWTOR" threads than there are "SWG vs SWTOR". Make no mistakes, SWG was a Star Wars MMO. SWTOR is a generic themepark MMO wrapped in a Star Wars skin. That's why TOR is forgettable and SWG so memorable. In Galaxies, you could actually live in the Star Wars universe. In TOR, you can only enjoy the rides.

Now, you might say, "If you're so critical on SWTOR, why are you here?" Because even if it's a Star Wars skin, it's still Star Wars. Plus I like stories. When I get 8 50s, then maybe I'll consider quitting, but as long as there's an RP community, I doubt I'll be going anywhere anytime soon.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011