Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aurora Canon 4man Requires at least 3 Humans?

Sajitta
11.18.2012 , 03:13 PM | #1
My hubby and I like to do 4man heroics with just the 2 of us and 2 of our companions. We worked our way to the end of Aurora Canon only to find that apparently it takes 3 actual human players to click simultaneously on 3 things to bring down the forcefield to finish detonating the EMP.

Could someone comfirm I am right in this. If I'm wrong, explain how to do it with only 2 humans and 2 companions. If I'm wrong I apologize and rescind the comments that follow.

Can some developer tell me why you would do this? 4man has always meant 4 and you guys pride yourself on a game that has these useful companions. I've done countless 4s using companions to fill out the group. If a group has to have more than 2 humans, I think there should be a warning so we dont' waste our time, resources (in death repair) and emotional well-being!!!

So because I don't like grouping with people I don't know, I can never complete this 4man and thus the weekly. I'm bummed to say the least.

Blighboy
11.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #2
I'm fairly sure it actually requires 4, as after the force field is down you need another one to actually throw in the EMP.
An army of one man, but the right man for the job! -Clone trooper rallying call
Pillars of Ashla
Guild Site

PaniMauser
11.18.2012 , 03:31 PM | #3
You need four players, because you need two people to hold gates open, so two players let other two inside, and those two, when inside, open the gates for the first pair. No way around it.

Chaqen
11.18.2012 , 03:31 PM | #4
Clear it to the point where you need you 3 people, then seek out 2 more people finish up the last 3 minutes of the quest.

SleepyKing
11.18.2012 , 06:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PaniMauser View Post
You need four players, because you need two people to hold gates open, so two players let other two inside, and those two, when inside, open the gates for the first pair. No way around it.
You only need three to get through this wall - two open the door, one runs through. One of the door openers disengages and the person that ran through activates that side of the door from their side of the wall. Then the disengaged player runs through, and finally the two players on the far side of the wall open it for the remaining player.

Which is completely academic, since you do need four real people for the final element of the heroic. One to throw the switch that lowers the forcefields. Two (one on each side) to use their Ghostbuster beams on the cores, and one to throw the grenade that destroys the cannon.

Valeforth
11.18.2012 , 08:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyKing View Post
You only need three to get through this wall - two open the door, one runs through. One of the door openers disengages and the person that ran through activates that side of the door from the other side of the wall. Then the disengaged players runs through, and finally the two players on the far side of the wall open it for the remaining player.

Which is completely academic, since you do need four real people for the final element of the heroic. One to throw the switch that lowers the forcefields. Two (one on each side) to use their Ghostbuster beams on the cores, and one to throw the grenade that destroys the cannon.
I can confirm that this is infact right. I do have to say though I was rather dejected after getting through the entire instance (as well as killing the boss) only to find that we actually needed 4 players to finish the quest.

Was very surprised at the lack of any warning (upon entering the instance) indicating this to be honest.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Stevenkedneydhsn
11.18.2012 , 10:58 PM | #7
It clearly says it is a heroic 4 quest, it's expected that users be able to understand that it means it was suited for 4 players to complete. It's not the developers job to put a warning on everything because you were too impatient to fill up the other slots with players.

DrewFromPhilly
11.19.2012 , 01:07 AM | #8
I actually really like the new heroic - the stuff with the force fields is actually pretty cool. It's a hell a lot more fun than end of torvix or cts.

Valeforth
11.19.2012 , 02:53 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Stevenkedneydhsn View Post
It clearly says it is a heroic 4 quest, it's expected that users be able to understand that it means it was suited for 4 players to complete. It's not the developers job to put a warning on everything because you were too impatient to fill up the other slots with players.
The OP was quite right in their usage of the companion system. Companions were actually put into the game to be able to fill the role for a missing group member in either a Flashpoint or group quest.
You really need to watch the developer dispatch (2011) concerning companions...... and listen to Bioware's take on the companion system. Your comment's are so misplaced just based off that alone.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Stevenkedneydhsn
11.19.2012 , 03:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Valeforth View Post
The OP was quite right in their usage of the companion system. Companions were actually put into the game to be able to fill the role for a missing group member in either a Flashpoint or group quest.
You really need to watch the developer dispatch (2011) concerning companions...... and listen to Bioware's take on the companion system. Your comment's are so misplaced just based off that alone.
If the companions were not helping in deactivating the shield, alarms, and the EMP. Then they were clearly not intended to be of any help in that quest, aside from helping clear out the enemies. If they were meant to help with the puzzles, then they would do so. Just group up with random people to get it done, then be on your own way.

If the OP is against grouping with others to finish a mission, then it is not the developers fault. If companions were intended to fill out a group as you said, and I completely agree with that. Then the companions may as well take an active role in all dialogue options during group missions. I don't recall watching or hearing anything about the companions being intended to solve puzzles, if you would like to provide a source from Bioware stating that is one of their functions then I will take back what I have said.