Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good Job SWTOR

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.18.2012 , 11:53 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by btsager View Post

The (...) thing that is still a downer for me is the lack of a good space combat game. I hope that you guys are working on something similar to the space combat that SWG did.
qft^^

gumbojambalaya
11.18.2012 , 12:05 PM | #122
So far, I haven't seen a noticeable influx of players to my server (JC). The F2P model doesn't appear to be a success in terms of bringing in new and old players back to the game. It 's likely that they're only going to make money off current players with the cartel market. I have to say though, besides the outlaw set for smugglers/imperial agents, the armor sets in general aren't particularly attractive.

Pepperawr
11.18.2012 , 12:33 PM | #123
Hey, old time player here came back for 1.5 and to see if I'd become a regular player again. I LOVE HK - never thought I'd find a replacement comp after using a healer with my spec. Anyways I'm not 100% sure I'm going back to my raiding days but I found I really missed the story interaction, voiced NPCs and companions in other games. Same old horrid forum community is a big downer however.

Hoping you guys keep the same standards for personal story and companion development in addition to endgame content - I'd heard that there were fears this was being ditched in favor of generic MMO gear treadmill content /snore

Just my 2 cents. Anyways, having fun here again and thanks for a play system that allows us to at least partially partake and contribute to this game even if we're not totally sold on returning to full sub.
CE fancypants.

Scovina
11.18.2012 , 01:28 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
qft^^
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9023574...in/photostream

Sorry but it had to be done.

maximumdamages
11.18.2012 , 01:37 PM | #125
Well this made my day.

seatown
11.18.2012 , 01:45 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiltonium View Post
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8...1114120213.jpg

does this count as too much love? Empire for life.
Dude I have those same pajamas! oh and good work to the dev team (mostly)

FerrusPA
11.18.2012 , 01:47 PM | #127
You know who else got TOR tats?

Half their team, before they got fired.
December Pre-Order Best Pre-Order
Proud Guildmaster of Two Swords One Box. Apply now!

Thread = Faden Threat = Drohung

Trenter
11.18.2012 , 01:56 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by FerrusPA View Post
You know who else got TOR tats?

Half their team, before they got fired.
So? 5-6 years of their lives together, passionately working on something. Something to remember perhaps? So what if some of them quit or got laid off? They had a good time probably, and wanted to print down a memory.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Klarick
11.18.2012 , 01:58 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Ditto. I have no plans to unsub any time soon.
Same. SWTOR is easily the best MMO out there IMO. Obviously not the most popular MMO, but being 2d to WoW is not too shabby.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Evgen
11.19.2012 , 07:07 PM | #130
The thing is they just don't quite follow through.
Bugs come back, they don't fix long term bugs, ignore other issues facing large groups of players (APAC server pop, crash to desktop)
1.5 - 6 hours working with 3 PCs all previously working to get the game patched and working
2 different bugs on HK quest submitted to support with no reply after 3 days (have done more than all the work, still no HK) I don't have unrealistic expectations. They need to improve a lot to be doing a good job. Then again, title isn't "great" or "awesome" so maybe just "good" isn't that far off.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy