Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Secret Stratagem

legolegion
11.18.2012 , 11:16 AM | #2051
Quote: Originally Posted by MdLogan View Post
Vergas had been working on preparing troops for a search, when the message came to him via a commander.
Thank you commander, you may go. He read it swiftly before sending a reply. My apprentice, as you may have learned we are at war due to the actions of Darth Howl. Unfortunately, now that we are at war most troops will need to be sent to the front. There will be little spared for search and rescue, so do remember to try and keep in touch. Also beware planets like Balmorra and Ilum. As for you asking if there is anything you can do to help. There is no urgent need at this point however keep an eye for any signs of a Republic invasion on any planet you to. If the Empire calls for more Sith I shall recommend you for infiltration and possibly sabotage.
Yes my`lord, Is their anything in the mean time. That I can do to help, out of intrest? She new it take time for her to amass her forces, so in mean time she may as well be usefull.

meanken
11.18.2012 , 12:55 PM | #2052
Quote: Originally Posted by ToEasy View Post
He destroyed majority of my fleet killing many good men. He plans on doing this to other worlds to. I would be doing the galaxy a favor. And I am not a pacifist jedi that is a diplomat. I am a guardian of the republic and if that means killing someone is the best way of protecting the republic then I will do so.
"Good, nice to see not EVEY jedi is a brainwashed slave that buys every word the jedi council spouts."

ToEasy
11.18.2012 , 01:17 PM | #2053
Quote: Originally Posted by meanken View Post
"Good, nice to see not EVEY jedi is a brainwashed slave that buys every word the jedi council spouts."
Well it depends what kind of jedi they are. Some are just diplomats while some are warriors.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

meanken
11.18.2012 , 01:31 PM | #2054
Well it depends what kind of jedi they are. Some are just diplomats while some are warriors.
Uh huh. Well, doesen't change the fact that you people serve a goverment possably even worse then the damm empire. hell, for all the faluts of the sith, at least they are up front about it. I can tell you from personal experence that most of your senators are dirtyer then the inside of my toilet. And don't give me that shi* about trying to "change" them. I think we both know how well THAT effort is going."

ToEasy
11.18.2012 , 01:41 PM | #2055
Uh huh. Well, doesen't change the fact that you people serve a goverment possably even worse then the damm empire. hell, for all the faluts of the sith, at least they are up front about it. I can tell you from personal experence that most of your senators are dirtyer then the inside of my toilet. And don't give me that shi* about trying to "change" them. I think we both know how well THAT effort is going."
After we deal with the empire, we are going to confront the chancellor about this and try to make things better. Hopefully we can get rid of the bad senators and get good ones.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

meanken
11.18.2012 , 01:57 PM | #2056
After we deal with the empire, we are going to confront the chancellor about this and try to make things better. Hopefully we can get rid of the bad senators and get good ones.
Zero chuckled at this "Hahaha, what happened to you jedi not getting invloved in republic polotics? correct me if I am wrong here. The republic has their own miltary, not affilated with the jedi, yes? so, assuming you have hard evedence about a senator being corrupt, woulden't you have to go to them and hand over the information, and let them handle their own internal issues? For you jedi to do what you just said sounds like you are taking the law into your own hands. you see where I am going?

let's say 80% of the senate is corrupt. it is probably more, but we will use that here. Now, assuming you go to the chancler and force him to drop these people, something that they are not going to take lieing down, I remind you, paticulary the ones in charge of important planets, who may just say screw you and break off completly, then they need to be replaced. Who do you think is going to chose them? you going to have elections? let's face it, elections are just a battle of who has more money, not popularty, and those with money usualy got it from illegal sorces. so, that will just recreate your problem. going to appoint them? then you have the issue of senators buying their seats with influence, bribes, and the such. How do you stop that? oversee the appointes yourselfs? at that point, you have basicly taken indirect control of the senate, with your favored appointees getting seats, which I garantee you is going to cause a civil war sooner rather then later."

ToEasy
11.18.2012 , 02:01 PM | #2057
Zero chuckled at this "Hahaha, what happened to you jedi not getting invloved in republic polotics? correct me if I am wrong here. The republic has their own miltary, not affilated with the jedi, yes? so, assuming you have hard evedence about a senator being corrupt, woulden't you have to go to them and hand over the information, and let them handle their own internal issues? For you jedi to do what you just said sounds like you are taking the law into your own hands. you see where I am going?

let's say 80% of the senate is corrupt. it is probably more, but we will use that here. Now, assuming you go to the chancler and force him to drop these people, something that they are not going to take lieing down, I remind you, paticulary the ones in charge of important planets, who may just say screw you and break off completly, then they need to be replaced. Who do you think is going to chose them? you going to have elections? let's face it, elections are just a battle of who has more money, not popularty, and those with money usualy got it from illegal sorces. so, that will just recreate your problem. going to appoint them? then you have the issue of senators buying their seats with influence, bribes, and the such. How do you stop that? oversee the appointes yourselfs? at that point, you have basicly taken indirect control of the senate, with your favored appointees getting seats, which I garantee you is going to cause a civil war sooner rather then later."
We aren't going to walk in to his office and just force him to replace the senators. We are going to address the problems and let him and the others handle it, but I see what you mean.

meanken
11.18.2012 , 02:08 PM | #2058
We aren't going to walk in to his office and just force him to replace the senators. We are going to address the problems and let him and the others handle it, but I see what you mean.
"There is not going to be an easy fix to your problems in the republic. You can't change people's nature, no matter what you may think, unless you want to pull your jedi brainwash deal on the entire republic, which, again, means you are now in control. So long as you let the common people elect their leaders, they will be mostly corrupt. let's face it, most people, both in the republic and empire, just don't think intuitivly, they don't ask qustions, they take what is said at face value. in short, they are sheep. unles you somehow have some magic solution that will completly change the nature of people, there will be no long term solution to your problems. that is just a realaty of your govermental struture"

ToEasy
11.18.2012 , 03:05 PM | #2059
"There is not going to be an easy fix to your problems in the republic. You can't change people's nature, no matter what you may think, unless you want to pull your jedi brainwash deal on the entire republic, which, again, means you are now in control. So long as you let the common people elect their leaders, they will be mostly corrupt. let's face it, most people, both in the republic and empire, just don't think intuitivly, they don't ask qustions, they take what is said at face value. in short, they are sheep. unles you somehow have some magic solution that will completly change the nature of people, there will be no long term solution to your problems. that is just a realaty of your govermental struture"
You have a point. I am starting to think that we should just change the government entirely. Though I don't think that would be very popular for some worlds and could cause issues. But now isn't the time for this kind of discussion. We should hurry up and stop this sith now.

meanken
11.18.2012 , 03:13 PM | #2060
You have a point. I am starting to think that we should just change the government entirely. Though I don't think that would be very popular for some worlds and could cause issues. But now isn't the time for this kind of discussion. We should hurry up and stop this sith now.
"Indeed." the group came up on the bridge entrence, and zero drew her guns, pointing them at the door while mean stood with his lightsabers on and ready "Shall we?"