Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afterimages

SveinEternity
11.15.2012 , 04:37 PM | #301
AMAZING STORY! I loved every bit of it! That was an pretty sad yet awesome ending. Jadus was so creepy and chilling!
The Eternity Legacy

Vesaniae
11.15.2012 , 08:41 PM | #302
Thank you all so, so much for your commentary! I could never have found the motivation to finish this story without all of you. It's been a remarkable journey for me as a writer, and I'm glad that you all were here to share it with me.

But before we conclude, there is a small resolution to present... (Note: the spoiler tag contains an image)

Epilogue
Elsewhere

She drifted through the darkness.

She had no sense of direction, of purpose, of identity. There was only eternity, an endless peaceful slumber in the void.

As time passed, however, she grew increasingly aware of the existence of her body, lying face-up on an indeterminate surface. The numbness that had engulfed her slowly began to recede, leaving her wondering who and where she was.

She remembered, then, as if recalling a dream. Pain, loss, heartbreak, solitude… Hot tears pooled beneath her closed eyelids as everything came rushing back.

Gentle as a thought, something brushed across her face, tracing the ridges on her cheeks and forehead, and catching the tears that had escaped through her lashes.

A’tro opened her eyes.

Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

Irrissa
11.15.2012 , 09:38 PM | #303
Oh Ves.. Fabulous story. and intriguing Epilogue ..... Can't wait to see what happens next
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

bright_ephemera
11.15.2012 , 09:46 PM | #304
He did promise.

This whole story has been staggeringly powerful. And the epilogue turns it all into <3. Well done!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
11.15.2012 , 10:02 PM | #305
And then they had ghost time naughtiness.
You ruin all things.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Adwynyth
11.16.2012 , 02:54 AM | #306
Bravo! Author! Author! *thunderous applause*
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Earthmama
11.16.2012 , 07:39 AM | #307
Lump in the throat! wonderful.

MilaniGrey
11.16.2012 , 07:45 AM | #308
D'aaaaaw. ; _ ;
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
11.18.2012 , 08:55 AM | #309
Thank you all so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It's been an adventure, that's for sure.

So that's the end of A'tro's story. She's come a long way since the first chapter, even if only in my mind. This is not the last you'll be seeing of her, though--there are alternate universes, short fic pieces... The possibilities are endless. In a sense, her story has really only just begun. And there I go trying to sound all profound...

Nox still has a long journey ahead before she can find any kind of closure, as she seeks to discover the nature of the programming in her brain and free herself from its effects. Her continuing adventures in this area will be covered in a sequel, if and when I get around to writing one... I'm taking a break from longfic for the next few weeks, but I think that there needs to be more Nox. Because Nox is awesome.

Thaera will have to deal with trying to stay hidden from the many, many people who want her dead, including several of the readers. She also has her usual issues of guilt over her several very bad decisions. She may appear in the sequel. I haven't decided yet. Heck, I haven't even really decided if I want to do a sequel!

...I mean, I probably will. But I don't want to confirm anything just yet.

Also, some of you might be wondering: Who won, Jadus or the Emperor?

That, my friends, I am not going to say.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

MilaniGrey
11.18.2012 , 10:52 AM | #310
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Thank you all so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It's been an adventure, that's for sure.

So that's the end of A'tro's story. She's come a long way since the first chapter, even if only in my mind. This is not the last you'll be seeing of her, though--there are alternate universes, short fic pieces... The possibilities are endless. In a sense, her story has really only just begun. And there I go trying to sound all profound...

Nox still has a long journey ahead before she can find any kind of closure, as she seeks to discover the nature of the programming in her brain and free herself from its effects. Her continuing adventures in this area will be covered in a sequel, if and when I get around to writing one... I'm taking a break from longfic for the next few weeks, but I think that there needs to be more Nox. Because Nox is awesome.

Thaera will have to deal with trying to stay hidden from the many, many people who want her dead, including several of the readers. She also has her usual issues of guilt over her several very bad decisions. She may appear in the sequel. I haven't decided yet. Heck, I haven't even really decided if I want to do a sequel!

...I mean, I probably will. But I don't want to confirm anything just yet.

Also, some of you might be wondering: Who won, Jadus or the Emperor?

That, my friends, I am not going to say.
Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!