Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Commandos.....Thoughts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
1.4 Commandos.....Thoughts?

heechJunzi
10.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #41
I love assault commando. I can take most classes 1v1.... notable exceptions are probably sentinels (very good ones) and shadows (especially when they charge in at speed and force shroud through my AP opening).

Gunslingers? Piece of cake on most maps. They are turrets that flash warning lights at me when I need to break LOS. I duck out of LOS and kill them at ease, usually with little damage taken. (Sometimes they get desperate enough to throw orbital strike at me.... makes me LOL when that happens).
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Deewe
10.18.2012 , 08:29 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
I love assault commando. I can take most classes 1v1.... notable exceptions are probably sentinels (very good ones) and shadows (especially when they charge in at speed and force shroud through my AP opening).

Gunslingers? Piece of cake on most maps. They are turrets that flash warning lights at me when I need to break LOS. I duck out of LOS and kill them at ease, usually with little damage taken. (Sometimes they get desperate enough to throw orbital strike at me.... makes me LOL when that happens).
What's your build and rotation?

I have to admit I have doubts.

xxIncubixx
10.19.2012 , 04:21 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post

when u mean most classes, u mean other mercs i presume...

heechJunzi
10.19.2012 , 08:22 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
What's your build and rotation?

I have to admit I have doubts.
I'm assault, and I generally stay alive by kiting and breaking LOS as needed.

The opening single target burst is basically what everyone does: IR -> AP -> SG -> HIB -> reserve powercell -> full auto -> HIB. Only thing of note slightly different from others.... I almost never stand still, so I never use charged bolt. I only use pulse cannon and mortar valley in very opportunistic situations (no one is hitting me but bad guys are clumped). I think its a waste of ammo. Id rather spam hammer shot. And I *only* use tech override in conjunction with concussion grenade as another immediate escape CC.

In general, when I am targeted by ranged channeled DPS, I play LOS with them. They have all the issues gunnery commandos have. If I'm hurt, I'll regularly duck out of sight and self heal. (I'm talented in the combat medic skill that cuts medical droid time.)

When I'm targeted by melee, it's all about kiting. You can't knock back many juggs after they jump, so cryo, stock strike, and move. AP/SG/IR while moving. If they use cc breaker, use tech override / concussion, and move > 10m away before opening fire. If they slow you, fine, you have a head start and can slow them too. And when they get real close, up goes reactive shield, etc, etc.

Like I said earlier, shadows and sentinels are two classes I have more difficulty with. They have too many defensive CDs that make it so I can't hurt them at the open, and then they can keep me locked down / from escaping with roots + added speed, etc. Oh, and powertechs are still problematic but less so after 1.4. Name of the game there is to do everything you can to keep range > 10m. If they grapple me, it's immediate cryo, and make a run for it. (And cleanse since you're inevitably on fire.)
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

HybridCode
10.26.2012 , 10:11 PM | #45
Assault Spec and it's infinite mobility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSgUIWi4ZYg

xxIncubixx
10.28.2012 , 08:10 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by HybridCode View Post
Assault Spec and it's infinite mobility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSgUIWi4ZYg
nothing special, like i said, vanguard is ten times better

ladwar
11.18.2012 , 07:53 AM | #47
i want my 30m cryo nade back this 10m is bs vanguards are fine with 10m but commandos are ment to live at range not go dam i can't stop a melee oh cryo guess not he broke it.

oaceen
11.18.2012 , 09:31 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
i want my 30m cryo nade back this 10m is bs vanguards are fine with 10m but commandos are ment to live at range not go dam i can't stop a melee oh cryo guess not he broke it.
well ok then.

Yurie
11.19.2012 , 05:42 PM | #49
As an returning commando I have to say that the nerf on cryo grenade was just another act of stupidity from BW. For vanguards I can understand but why nerf an ranged profession stun specially when gunslinger got to keep their long range stun even they are more powered and have better talents than a commando.

dejavy
11.19.2012 , 10:47 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Yurie View Post
As an returning commando I have to say that the nerf on cryo grenade was just another act of stupidity from BW. For vanguards I can understand but why nerf an ranged profession stun specially when gunslinger got to keep their long range stun even they are more powered and have better talents than a commando.
I think BW just nerfed Cryo on VG but forgot to change numbers on COmmando making him even more shi*y being unable to stun sorc, stunning you at 30m lol