Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic BiS?

AshlaBoga
11.17.2012 , 11:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cloudblade View Post
What are you basing your extreme opinions on? FYI, the healing on proc relic is much better than the absorption on proc relics for shadow/assassin tanks. And these people are showing evidence the other on proc relics are good as well. So f'in judgmental.
I thought that the Relic of Ephemeral Mending only healed other players, not the person who equipped it.
If that's the case then an Assassin triggering it with self-heals would actually be very useful. I apologize for the misinformation above - there's already enough misinformation on the forum with me adding to it - and will have to discuss this with my guild.

Thank your for the information
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Garell
11.17.2012 , 11:36 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I used my DG proc relic during a 6m 19s fight with dreadtooth. It proc'd 42 times and crit 18. low hit 218 high hit 443. The total dmg done for the fight was 12298. With the loss of 66 power switching from WH to this DG relic for kinetic dmg since I'm a merc Im wondering if it is better? My math skills suck but I figured that the 66 power during the duration of that fight would result in 5753 dmg straight up not including extra dmg from crits or crit multiplier. Can someone double check my math and confirm that the proc relics are better than WH?
Use the internal dmg proc relic, not the kinetic one as kinetic is effected by armor.

Raekor
11.17.2012 , 05:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Garell View Post
Use the internal dmg proc relic, not the kinetic one as kinetic is effected by armor.
I'm seeing some numbers thrown around that the kinetic is better than the internal one for Mercs/Commandos due to the high amount of armour pen they have. Marginally anyway. And elemental for Pyro PTs/Assault Vanguards.

Basically the thinking is, which one to use should be based on what your talents are buffing.

Ansalem
11.18.2012 , 01:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Garell View Post
I am doing more dmg with kinetic relic (218 min hit , 443 crit) than the internal relic (210). As an arsenal merc my 35% arm pen benefits me enough to give me higher dmg even with armor. And that test was done on dreadtooth with a 4 stack in corrupted form. I'm just wondering if some math wiz out there can check my numbers and see if the static power + proc makes up for the 66 power loss from the relic?
My gut tells me as an arsenal merc to just stick with using WH relic + DG relic of boundless ages w/ its on use power boost, but I just want to be sure.

Aurojiin
11.18.2012 , 03:09 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I am doing more dmg with kinetic relic (218 min hit , 443 crit) than the internal relic (210). As an arsenal merc my 35% arm pen benefits me enough to give me higher dmg even with armor. And that test was done on dreadtooth with a 4 stack in corrupted form. I'm just wondering if some math wiz out there can check my numbers and see if the static power + proc makes up for the 66 power loss from the relic?
My gut tells me as an arsenal merc to just stick with using WH relic + DG relic of boundless ages w/ its on use power boost, but I just want to be sure.
The old Campaign proc relics were generally neck-and-neck with War Hero relics for a single-target fight. With higher damage ticks alone Dread Guard ones would be better, besides the power itemisation reducing the net loss.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

KVork
11.18.2012 , 06:47 AM | #16
HEY !!!

Dread Guard Relics (on use) are 20 seconds not 30 as were Campaign ones. PVE relics are still crap.
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

Marb
11.18.2012 , 06:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KVork View Post
HEY !!!

Dread Guard Relics (on use) are 20 seconds not 30 as were Campaign ones. PVE relics are still crap.
Incorrect, dread guard on use TANK relics are all 20 seconds now for some odd reason, but the on use power is still 30 seconds.
Zerkhan - Harbinger

floriwie
11.18.2012 , 11:33 AM | #18
I will ask here Healing Relics on Assassin Tank, is it really worth it?

It say 500 heal over 3s on 20s CD, isn't it a waste of Relic spot for 500 heal every 20s or am I missing something here?

KeyboardNinja
11.18.2012 , 03:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by floriwie View Post
I will ask here Healing Relics on Assassin Tank, is it really worth it?

It say 500 heal over 3s on 20s CD, isn't it a waste of Relic spot for 500 heal every 20s or am I missing something here?
Short answer: yes, it is worth it. In fact, the Dread Guard proc heal relic is best in slot for shadow/assassin tanks right now, with other relics trailing fairly far behind. I haven't run the numbers on the new PvP relics yet, but I suspect BiS is now EWH defense paired with DG proc heal.

Quick reminder: bosses in TOR hit like a wet noodle. 500 points of healing is actually quite a bit.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank)

floriwie
11.18.2012 , 03:16 PM | #20
I really don' understand the logic, for ex, a tick of Kolto Probe heals me 800 HP and every 3s, is it really that important to have 500 HP over 3s every 20s....if the healer is missing 500 HP over 20s, then I am going to survive very long anyway....

Compared to have, lets say, DG Boundless Age, to keep my aggro high with FL with 3 HD and Energize.....