Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have a nice cup of harden the heck up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
Have a nice cup of harden the heck up

Toxicsox
11.18.2012 , 06:36 AM | #1
The bubble story.

Hi, if you don't know me, I play sage and sorc heals in pvp. I love the class so much that I just keep on leveling them, first on the PVP server, then again on the PVE server. I have recently been brimming with rage about the things people are saying about my character. I thought this bed time story would be the best way of explaining it to you all. Enjoy.
Zanshiri was very happy enjoying pvping, working on gear, just all round enjoying the experience. Life was great and pvp was her own little get away from troubles in the real world.
This happy little healer spent a long time having a laugh, playing with friends, it was a great time.
But then, along came the evil L2P people, people who don't understand class mechanics and want to nerf everything in the game until it becomes as simplified as wow became. These are not nice people children, be afraid, very afraid.
They accused my poor little sage of hacks, simply because they do not understand the mechanics of a sage healer who doesn't play a fail pve aoe ineffective spec.
"No" they said "sages can not protect themselves! They are weak and the only time they should not be helpless is when they have a big strong tank around to guard them!"
Well poor little Zanshiri was confused, she had never had to rely on anyone else to protect her before, she had learned to play her class, busy reading talent points, seeing which would best suit her needs in pvp. She would not give in to the L2P people! But still, the slander and the bad words kept attacking her. Finally, after reaching the point she was about to completely explode, she had an idea. She was one of the few, not many others had heard of this wonderful thing known as defensive abilities. What if there were some way she could get the word out to all the other poor sorc and sage pvp healers out there in the world of Dalborra. So being the complete smart *** that she is, she wrote a nice little story for everyone, and at the end she linked this talent tree that the L2P people feared so much.

To Be Continued .................

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...zZfMbMbMbZ0M.2
Toknchik Legacy

Didy_Kush
11.18.2012 , 06:40 AM | #2
Didn't you know bubble burst was "cheating"? lol'd 10/10

Dafydil
11.18.2012 , 06:45 AM | #3
Nooooooo! Hate stories that are like to be continued... . I demand more stories!

-Holmes
11.18.2012 , 07:28 AM | #4
But I like it when people think you hack.
Rollin'dirty - Ridin'dirty
The Omgwtfbbqhax Legacy

BennyKrak
11.18.2012 , 07:35 AM | #5
We all love you Laby <3
Krackers || Kozlovsky
The Krackers Legacy
Samurai Pizza Cats | Just Relax | Your Companion

Vindrik
11.18.2012 , 08:03 AM | #6
Whinging and moaning about how OP you are and how your class needs to be nerfed is the sincerest form of MMO flattery, means you're doing something right!

BattleGracefully
11.18.2012 , 01:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vindrik View Post
Whinging and moaning about how OP you are and how your class needs to be nerfed is the sincerest form of MMO flattery, means you're doing something right!
so i guess when people say they need a buff for your class it's a big dirty slap in the face?

eg focus/rage buff being a slap in the face and saying my class is **** cause i play a **** 1 move spec
( im not forcus btw )

FINISH THE DAMN STORY LABY, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE CLIFFHANGER IS
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

darthnish
11.18.2012 , 03:14 PM | #8
zan tbh everytime i see you in pvp i keep wishing i had my carnage marauder on this server ]: all these derpsmashers dont know a thing about bringing down a hybrid sage, its the easiest thing to do as carnage.

Timbohh
11.18.2012 , 05:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxicsox View Post
"No" they said "sages can not protect themselves! They are weak and the only time they should not be helpless is when they have a big strong tank around to guard them!"

She was one of the few, not many others had heard of this wonderful thing known as defensive abilities.
The ignorance posted here is overwhelming... If it was only a "defensive ability" for you, it wouldnt be a problem. But it gives your whole team a free, instant, on demand, 3 second AOE hard stun that doesn't respect the GCD, and doesn't add the correct ammt of resolve. Oh, and has a 17 sec CD?

Noone is saying that Sorcs/Sages dont need this as a defensive CD, or that the bubbles blind should be removed. It's the fact that it's now a hard stun and only adds the resolve of a Mez, and that it can be cast on your whole team and clicked off at will for the stun. Its the fact that it turns your whole team into a mass stun team.

BW know it isn't adding the correct ammt of resolve. They know it's turning sub par teams all over the place into unkillable stun machines. And it's just a matter of time before the ability gets fixed.

Allow me to elaborate in a form you may understand:

There once was a boy from St. Kilda,
Who found a baddy bubble healer and killed her,
Her seven teammates then bubble stunned his entire team for the rest of the game,
I suck at poems, you fail.
Timboh, Timbohh, Idzol, Lozdi, Werthless
The Wins Legacy
"I'm a lover AND a fighter... simultaneously"

azzhealy
11.18.2012 , 06:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxicsox View Post
The bubble story.

Hi, if you don't know me, I play sage and sorc heals in pvp. I love the class so much that I just keep on leveling them, first on the PVP server, then again on the PVE server. I have recently been brimming with rage about the things people are saying about my character. I thought this bed time story would be the best way of explaining it to you all. Enjoy.
Zanshiri was very happy enjoying pvping, working on gear, just all round enjoying the experience. Life was great and pvp was her own little get away from troubles in the real world.
This happy little healer spent a long time having a laugh, playing with friends, it was a great time.
But then, along came the evil L2P people, people who don't understand class mechanics and want to nerf everything in the game until it becomes as simplified as wow became. These are not nice people children, be afraid, very afraid.
They accused my poor little sage of hacks, simply because they do not understand the mechanics of a sage healer who doesn't play a fail pve aoe ineffective spec.
Well poor little Zanshiri was confused, she had never had to rely on anyone else to protect her before, she had learned to play her class, busy reading talent points, seeing which would best suit her needs in pvp. She would not give in to the L2P people! But still, the slander and the bad words kept attacking her. Finally, after reaching the point she was about to completely explode, she had an idea. She was one of the few, not many others had heard of this wonderful thing known as defensive abilities. What if there were some way she could get the word out to all the other poor sorc and sage pvp healers out there in the world of Dalborra. So being the complete smart *** that she is, she wrote a nice little story for everyone, and at the end she linked this talent tree that the L2P people feared so much.

To Be Continued .................

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...zZfMbMbMbZ0M.2
Quote: Originally Posted by Timbohh View Post
The ignorance posted here is overwhelming... If it was only a "defensive ability" for you, it wouldnt be a problem. But it gives your whole team a free, instant, on demand, 3 second AOE hard stun that doesn't respect the GCD, and doesn't add the correct ammt of resolve. Oh, and has a 17 sec CD?

Noone is saying that Sorcs/Sages dont need this as a defensive CD, or that the bubbles blind should be removed. It's the fact that it's now a hard stun and only adds the resolve of a Mez, and that it can be cast on your whole team and clicked off at will for the stun. Its the fact that it turns your whole team into a mass stun team.

BW know it isn't adding the correct ammt of resolve. They know it's turning sub par teams all over the place into unkillable stun machines. And it's just a matter of time before the ability gets fixed.

Allow me to elaborate in a form you may understand:

There once was a boy from St. Kilda,
Who found a baddy bubble healer and killed her,
Her seven teammates then bubble stunned his entire team for the rest of the game,
I suck at poems, you fail.
This pretty much hits the nail on the head; I really thought that spec was astounding Tox when you brought it to the server, thought it was the best thing to give sorcs a bit more survivability but after seeing how MVPís ranked team managed to use it as an extra stun for their class by clicking it off and positioning themselves before hand to maximise the people who get stunned by it I realised the exploit it had become.

It brings the game to a halt and takes out any aspect of a competitive match. While I know you have told all our sorcs how to use the spec none of them like it, they feel it can be abused too easily and donít want that poor conduct on their name.

We did manage to get one Sorc into it ready for a ranked match with MVP hoping we could show you the error of the spec before Bioware fixes its resolve but the majority of our ranked team lives in New Zealand so come 9-9:30pm our Guild departs for the night.
The Mahkai Legacy Level 50
The Bastion The Harbinger