Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no Stealth for Snipers???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why no Stealth for Snipers???

E-key
11.12.2012 , 09:16 AM | #11
I think stealth is very useful...

I hate myself for choosing a sniper instead of an operative

chuixupu
11.12.2012 , 04:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by E-key View Post
I think stealth is very useful...

I hate myself for choosing a sniper instead of an operative
You won't once you get to 50
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Sanctioned
11.14.2012 , 12:52 PM | #13
I really really wish Sniper's and Gunslinger's had stealth incorporated into their cover mechanic. Stay in cover for 3 seconds and gain stealth. Moving or attacking would of course break stealth. That would make me so happy I can't even explain it. It's completely insane to me that a "Sniper" would not have even a rudimentary concealment trick like immobile stealth. It just doesn't make any sense.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

Smashbrother
11.16.2012 , 06:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Letsjet View Post
Snipers? Using Steatlh? That's absurd. ... Man it's hot. Let me put down my Barrett .50 and take off my ghillie suit.
RL snipers use camo, not stealth.

Stealth by definition implies movement, and snipers don't move all that much.

Smashbrother
11.16.2012 , 06:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
I really really wish Sniper's and Gunslinger's had stealth incorporated into their cover mechanic. Stay in cover for 3 seconds and gain stealth. Moving or attacking would of course break stealth. That would make me so happy I can't even explain it. It's completely insane to me that a "Sniper" would not have even a rudimentary concealment trick like immobile stealth. It just doesn't make any sense.
This I could see happening, but definitely no stealth while moving. That would be *********** OP.

E-key
11.18.2012 , 03:39 AM | #16
My sniper is 10 levels lower than my scoundrel, but it does the same damage...

Rabbarabba
11.18.2012 , 03:43 AM | #17
I just don't understand why they cant split abilities for pve and pvp...several games do so to great effect.

Its simple, allow the stealth mechanic to be available in PvE, and when you are flagged for PvP disable the skill, everybody wins.....

E-key
11.18.2012 , 03:49 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbarabba View Post
I just don't understand why they cant split abilities for pve and pvp...several games do so to great effect.

Its simple, allow the stealth mechanic to be available in PvE, and when you are flagged for PvP disable the skill, everybody wins.....
Sniper wins

Rabbarabba
11.18.2012 , 04:03 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by E-key View Post
Sniper wins
Nobody loses, therefore everybody wins!

DragooGC
11.18.2012 , 04:29 AM | #20
This actually brought back a memory from SWG (yeah I said SWG) I was a Master Rifles/Master Squad Leader. I would go under cover (Stealth) and with 80m range, I would paint targets and snipe people. In fact a guildie of mine and I would go to the mining outpost. I would go under cover outside the MoP while he tagged himself as PvP with the AFK sign above his head. An Imp "ganker" would come in to try to seize the moment only to get his behind kicked FAST. He would seemingly kill 3-4 imps with remarkable ease.

That is until my cover was blown.

They would claim that he was a hacker. Until I /w them and said "You think he is doing that alone...LOL Yeah I blew my own cover. Got a lot of laughs from both sides.

Good Times

Oh yeah he was a Jedi (Powers)
<No Fear Dojo> Sith Empire <Galactic Council> Republic Dreamweave-Operative HealerDragoe-Shadow Tank(Shadowlands)
THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!!http://youtu.be/w3XH3EhOkHM