Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Disappearing Crafting Recipes!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithKoriandr
11.18.2012 , 12:02 AM | #1
Is that suppossed to happen? I unlock recipes, or whatever you call them (3 blues and 1 purple), and they disappear on me, not giving me the option to craft them.

Is that how it's suppossed to be?

parmie
11.18.2012 , 08:36 AM | #2
the inventory item will disappear but you should then see the item on your list to craft. I've never seen them simply disappear and not get to my crafting list.

JekRendar
11.18.2012 , 09:21 AM | #3
Yep, the Schematics are available when you select a Companion. They're listed by Skill Level and then alphabetically.

FYI, they're called Schematics. It's standard in Star Wars MMOs.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Blackomens
11.18.2012 , 10:31 AM | #4
He's talking about recipes you have already learned (aka are in your crafting list) simply vanishing without rhyme or reason. Has it happen to me 20m ago. 8+ blue recipes simply disappeared. (Not items, the actual option to craft them on the list.)

Researching again unlocked them "again", they they were in-fact "unlearned" somehow. Seems the devs seriously broke something big in the patch regarding recipes..

Blackomens
11.18.2012 , 06:10 PM | #5
This is a real gamebreaking bug, any word on it yet, this makes my game unplayable for me atm.

MorgonKara
11.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #6
were the recipes learned from reverse engineering or from a schematic?
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Blackomens
11.18.2012 , 06:59 PM | #7
In my case reverse engineering. And were armor related. I can reproduce this easily, any recipe learned via reverse engineering is unlearned upon relog. Ones learned via schematics seem to remain.

Silvafox
11.18.2012 , 07:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Is that suppossed to happen? I unlock recipes, or whatever you call them (3 blues and 1 purple), and they disappear on me, not giving me the option to craft them.

Is that how it's suppossed to be?
Yes I had this happen to me today. I reverse engineered some blasters resulting in three (3) different prototype recipes. I sent my comps on some missions and got mats to make one of these prototype blasters and successfully created one.

I logged out. Did some RL errands and had supper.

I logged back in and all three (3) prototype recipes I had learned earlier in the day where *gone*

I still have the prototype blaster I created however, sitting in my inventory. The info on the item says it was made by me. Since I cannot have created it without the recipe it (imo) is proof enough that something erroneous occured since I could not have created it otherwise.

I submitted a ticket regarding this problem.

I will update this thread if/when I get a response.

... UPDATE !!
... As promised here is the response I received 3 days later (A PFO form letter) ::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ticket Number 6854061 : Closed

SWTOR CSR: Thank you for submitting a Bug Report! Bug reports will not receive a response as they are automatically forwarded to Quality Assurance.

IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL HELP beyond your initial bug report, please submit a new Help Ticket under another category to reach a Customer Service Agent. Otherwise, you will not be contacted further regarding this issue.

Thank you for the report and for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

... or in other words "Fine, you told us it's broken. We've added your input to a mountain of other issues we don't care about. Now please shut up and go away. Thank you."
Great Warrior? Wahaha! Wars not make one great.

Blackomens
11.18.2012 , 07:54 PM | #9
Thanks, seeing as I only paid for $20 in credits I guess I'm not good enough to submit tickets to EA. I bet a stop on the payment would get me an actual person to assist in support.

Anyway, let me know what you hear back *If you ever hear back.* As I've pretty much stopped playing till this is resolved. It's ruined my experience.

I somehow managed to get 4 crew skills earlier, and they all worked. If only my character would remember things now.

symke
11.19.2012 , 01:04 AM | #10
It happened to me as well. Two times, three different blue and one purple schematic that were already learned and used to make a piece of gear have gone missing from my craft window.
It is on a character that had three different skills before but I changed him into synthweaver. Now I can only gather.
I already sent a ticket but no response so far.