Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Grimmoir
11.17.2012 , 10:12 PM | #321
And....
Day two of trying to buy coins only to recieve an error at almost every attempt. I managed to purchase one coin pack today, and then nothing but the error message since then.....
Something is really screwy with the way Bioware's site handles transactions, I have tried multiple cards, my paypal account, wiping my browser caches, and several different browsers. None of these seemed to help the situation at all. A simple update to the copy and paste replies we've gotten would do wonders for my affection level.....

-Grim

TheGuyWhoDoes
11.17.2012 , 10:23 PM | #322
I haven't even been able to buy 1. This is downright stupid now. The lack of a response is the most ridiculous part of this all.
Urtuson - LVL. 55 Marauder
Revvemup - LVL. 55 Powertech
Achelan - LVL. 55 Operative
Hunatta - LVL 55 Mercenary

Blacksoxx
11.17.2012 , 10:52 PM | #323
To all those who are wondering i have found the ANSWER.
After 10 hours on hold for a costumer service rep. YES 10 hr. cause they hung up on me after 6 hrs.....
There is an unannouced limit to your purchasing of coins.
If you have got about three 5500 cartel coin pack you have reach your limit.
I have been told that once u have reached your limit you will have to wait 48 to 72 hours before u will be able to buy again. I believe this to be there excuse to wait for monday but my theory is to prevent ppl from overloading the galactic market with cartel items so that it will make the FREE TO PLAY...players still spend money rather then buy them all with in game credits.

Here's yo not properly informing us EA and biowear. Good *********** JOB

Cheers

TheGuyWhoDoes
11.17.2012 , 11:00 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Blacksoxx View Post
After 10 hours on hold for a costumer service rep. YES 10 hr. cause they hung up on me after 6 hrs.....
I have been told that once u have reached your limit you will have to wait 48 to 72 hours before u will be able to buy again. I believe this to be there excuse to wait for monday but my theory is to prevent ppl from overloading the galactic market with cartel items so that it will make the FREE TO PLAY...players still spend money rather then buy them all with in game credits.

Cheers
That's not the problem here. None of us have been able to buy ANY packs at ALL.
Urtuson - LVL. 55 Marauder
Revvemup - LVL. 55 Powertech
Achelan - LVL. 55 Operative
Hunatta - LVL 55 Mercenary

MidichIorian
11.17.2012 , 11:08 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGuyWhoDoes View Post
That's not the problem here. None of us have been able to buy ANY packs at ALL.
I have bought a few so it could apply to me.

But yeah, definitely not the whole explanation.

kmildh
11.17.2012 , 11:18 PM | #326

Cheers
I've only bought one 5,5k Cartel Coin pack and one 2,4k or whatever it is but I still get the general error.

sarazoul
11.17.2012 , 11:36 PM | #327

Cheers
Logical, but i doubt it.

First, they would have told us.

Second, the message would obviously have been "you've reach your limit, please wait 48 hours untill the next purchase"

Third, i bought 7 5500 CP packs before it went down and i know some managed to buy just one. Sounds very random for a so called limitation.

Finally, if that was true, how come i managed to buy an other last pack after 15 or so errors. If a limitation of 48 hours was there, do you find it normal that i got one after 8 hours? then back to errors.

It would make sense to have a limitation to avoid market saturation, but so far i see no signs of such limitations. Rather, an unexpected bug.

Who ever you had on the phone probably wanted to get rid of you and all other complainers. And thus found that excuse to satisfy you.

zalarian
11.18.2012 , 12:07 AM | #328
Just adding my name to the list of people unable to buy Cartel Coins. Please fix this soon BioWare.

aethell
11.18.2012 , 12:11 AM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by zalarian View Post
Just adding my name to the list of people unable to buy Cartel Coins. Please fix this soon BioWare.
Likewise.

FTPeter
11.18.2012 , 12:26 AM | #330
Aye, Put me up as unable to pay for CC's aswell, and you did think they be fixing this issue in 10+ hours but i guess not?

they should actually pay the players CC's ( when or if ever ) they fix this issue