Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Signs that you're good or bad at your role

Radzkie
11.17.2012 , 03:50 PM | #21
I agree with most of what the OP said.

But I disagree with the clicker vs key binding thing. Not that I am one, but this "clickers r bad mmkay" is something WoW players are force fed. They get use to keybinding so they can't use clicking effectively, and then assume all the "facts" they've been told are true. Which aren't, it is possible to be just as effective with clicking if you have a good reaction times and eye sight.

sumuser
11.17.2012 , 07:13 PM | #22
I don't think calling a mouse clicker a "bad player" is the most constructive way of addressing the topic, BUT key binding is a superior way to play SWTOR. I mouse clicked for the first couple of months of subscribing. I found it to be exceedingly difficult to adapt to various end-game mechanics... Especially being able to realiably interrupt while running through my rotations. Once you realize how much easier key binding makes your life, I don't think anyone would go back.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

ArchangelLBC
11.17.2012 , 10:17 PM | #23
Not using keybinds is like not using voice chat. Successful raiding is almost certainly possible without either but both make your time significantly easier. Also someone said its easier to click than to look down and pick the right key, but one of the hallmarks of smart key binding is putting your binds where they are easy to reach. Also if you can type without hunt and peck, then you can use keybinds without looking down.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

AshlaBoga
11.18.2012 , 12:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
What if you're a woman?

Just asking
NiM EC separates the
Women from the girls
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Khayleth
11.18.2012 , 01:28 AM | #25
I don't judge people based on their playstyle, if the boss dies at a reasonable speed and no one dies to avoidable damage I'm satisfied.

The only major pet peeve that marks a bad player is during or after a wipe and some idiot asks "what happened?" Pay attention to what's going on around you, the answer to that question is usually pretty obvious.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

Sydexlic
11.18.2012 , 01:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
key binding and clicking has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad you are. this is a fallacy learned from those who have played wow with its multitude of stupid players which nothing would help anyways. with any gcd it is all pointless as to any reaction time PERCIEVED to be saved through key binding. a properly set up hot bar is far better than looking down at the keyboard for which key to hit.

there is no way until you play with someone to tell if they are good or bad. even then it is a matter of opinion with some people. even gear choice isn't always a good indication as what they have now might not be perfect but was better than what they had previously.

what my guild looks for in players for prospective guild members are those that listen and are taught able. if not then we deem them as BAD PLAYERS.
^ Clicker

DarthFamine
11.18.2012 , 02:01 AM | #27
From a healer perspective

DPS that chain pull or face pull during a tough phase.
deal with the fight at hand before picking a new one.

im going to have to disagree with you on click versus keybind though. I'm a decent healer, not the best, not the worst

the best healer i know is a clicker though.

I was shocked but hey who cares as long as we get through.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Arkanzues
11.18.2012 , 09:06 AM | #28
I don't use my Aggro-drop, I guess that makes me a bad DPS.

(Sarcasm, due to me being Vanguard DPS.)
Jung Ma: RP-PvP
55-Trooper Vanguard 55-Sith Juggernaut
55-Jedi Shadow 34- Jedi Guardian
VIP Collector's Edition

uniz
11.18.2012 , 01:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Not using keybinds is like not using voice chat. Successful raiding is almost certainly possible without either but both make your time significantly easier. Also someone said its easier to click than to look down and pick the right key, but one of the hallmarks of smart key binding is putting your binds where they are easy to reach. Also if you can type without hunt and peck, then you can use keybinds without looking down.
show me someone who can type with out any mistakes and ill show you a good key bind player. the vast majority of miss hit abilities are from key binders.

like i have stated the one button key binder wow raid monkey play style doesnt work with more difficult mmos some of us came from. this game isn't hard nor will key binding or clicking ever make a difference in playing it. all it is is a fallacy learned from playing wow with its multitudes of stupid/ poor players.

there are many problems with the ui in this game but the argument of clickers vs key binders is mute especially when some of us came from other mmos with much more difficult end game content than those of you from wow and cleared all of such by using either means. it really doesnt matter. i have stayed on top of parses using both means and it makes no difference which method is used.

neither make a good or bad player. what makes a bad player is their inability to want listen, learn and be taught. most of the issues the op brought up can be corrected through this. however arrogance has a lot to do with not wanting to which i see a lot from pvpers, ex wow players and those on these forums.

Aurojiin
11.18.2012 , 03:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
however arrogance has a lot to do with not wanting to which i see a lot from pvpers, ex wow players and those on these forums.
It's bemusing, because your post absolutely reeks of arrogance, more than anyone else in this thread.

Keybinding core abilities is faster than clicking, regardless of whether it's "necessary" or not.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin