Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I don't know how else to get through to you guys.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
I don't know how else to get through to you guys.

Changemelater
11.17.2012 , 03:09 AM | #1
Since 1.4 came out, the performance of SWTOR on my computer has drastically changed for the worse. My fps have gone down considerably, and I experience MAJOR stuttering and choppy graphics on the fleet. Most of all, pvp is unplayable, because I get an average of less than 10 fps. This is frustrating beyond words.

I have made over ten posts in the last month and a half reporting these issues in this forum, with only one reply. The CS agent had me uninstall my current graphics card driver and reinstall an earlier version. It didn't work. I've diligently scanned MANY posts in this particular forum for threads from users with the same problem, and I have seen suggestions from CS agents and other users, and I have attempted EVERYTHING I have seen, and nothing has worked.

I get trolled all the time both in game and on these forums about what a piece of garbage my computer is, and how if I'm experiencing any fps issues, it HAS to be on my side. The funny thing is, this isn't that bad of a computer. It's barely a year old. The processor isn't great, and it only has 4 gigs of ram, but I have an NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti graphics card, all of which have handled the game SEAMLESSLY up until your 1.4 patch.

I have posted my dxdiag more times than I have cared to, and no one from CS has responded, just obnoxious trolls telling me how much better their computers are than mine, like I give a flying **** what system some random stranger uses. Again, I have made over ten threads outlining the problems I'm experiencing, yet I don't receive ANY feedback at all from CS, not even the cookie cutter copy and paste "we're aware of the problem, but are unable to fix it at this time" message. I'm seriously at a loss here. I honestly don't know how to get through to you guys.

Pvp was one of the last things keeping me paying for this game, and now I can't even enjoy that with 5 fps. Yet, when I post about it, within minutes, that thread is on page 2, forgotten about, or simply read, scanned, and dismissed as irrelevant. I've been a paying customer since February, I honestly don't understand why you would simply ignore your customers issues with the game. It's beyond me. Not ONE response, other than the one guy who told me to try a previous version of my graphics card drivers, and when that didn't work, he simply stopped responding.

As paying customers, what do we have to do to get your attention? I don't get it. I seriously don't. I feel cheated because I honestly like this game, but am unable to play it with any satisfaction because of how terrible the playability is. What have we done to you?

Chuckita
11.17.2012 , 03:55 AM | #2
I hate to open with a bash but looking through your old posts(for dxdiags or w/e), I see a lot of bump spamming and aggressive communication. More flies with honey and all that. Anyway, not here to judge.

The crappy post 1.4 performance has been fixed for the vast majority of peeps (runs smooth as silk on my 550ti), so it looks to be something on your machine. Something's not engaging, or engaging badly or whatever. Something that other people are apparently having, but not everyone. The majority are running fine now. There's a quintillion different combos of hardware, drivers, 3rd party crap, viruses and quirks that make up a PC, so it can be a ***** to find the problem.

The game itself is simple enough to get sorted, afaik. Repair, fixlauncher, nameplates toggle bloom, yada yada. All standard steps which i'll assume you've taken. You said in an old post that your settings are set very high. Is it still choppy as hell when you lower them? try turning on the FPS monitor, is it cool and calm or going nuts?

Make sure your system is as close to factory fresh as possible. That means knock out any of that overclocking ****, game booster, anything like that. Try a clean boot, and turn off as much as possible, and see does it still run like a pig.

Do you have any weird profiles for your card? try set it to default, try having a look inside to make sure the latest shiny volumetric ray traced tessellation sillyness isn't on. If you haven't already, drop your old drivers and put in totally fresh ones.

Try creating a new user profile in case something non-standard is acting up. Update your Directx libraries, sound drivers, .net, Java and Facebook.

Try out other games to see how they run. Not all games are created equal, but if it's generic crappy performance, it might be visible in other games too.

Try creating a new user profile in case something non-standard is acting up. Update your

Wow, just found this post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...41#post5333941
try to find what changed on your machine between then and it turning back to terrible. (and yeah it's always choppy in the main city in an MMO in my XP)

Basically, something somewhere in your machine is being a dick. Finding it's going to be hard, but it's fun.

Packetdancer
11.17.2012 , 03:59 AM | #3
As I noted in one of your previous threads, according to your DxDiag output you have have a custom setting (125%) for user DPI on your system. I've seen that cause performance issues in SWTOR before (and other DirectX programs, which is probably part of why that value gets recorded in DxDiag), so you might want to try setting your system's scaling options back to 100% (i.e., turn them off) and see if there's any improvement in your graphics performance.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris)
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

Changemelater
11.17.2012 , 03:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Chuckita View Post
I hate to open with a bash but looking through your old posts(for dxdiags or w/e), I see a lot of bump spamming and aggressive communication. More flies with honey and all that. Anyway, not here to judge.

The crappy post 1.4 performance has been fixed for the vast majority of peeps (runs smooth as silk on my 550ti), so it looks to be something on your machine. Something's not engaging, or engaging badly or whatever. Something that other people are apparently having, but not everyone. The majority are running fine now. There's a quintillion different combos of hardware, drivers, 3rd party crap, viruses and quirks that make up a PC, so it can be a ***** to find the problem.

The game itself is simple enough to get sorted, afaik. Repair, fixlauncher, nameplates toggle bloom, yada yada. All standard steps which i'll assume you've taken. You said in an old post that your settings are set very high. Is it still choppy as hell when you lower them? try turning on the FPS monitor, is it cool and calm or going nuts?

Make sure your system is as close to factory fresh as possible. That means knock out any of that overclocking ****, game booster, anything like that. Try a clean boot, and turn off as much as possible, and see does it still run like a pig.

Do you have any weird profiles for your card? try set it to default, try having a look inside to make sure the latest shiny volumetric ray traced tessellation sillyness isn't on. If you haven't already, drop your old drivers and put in totally fresh ones.

Try creating a new user profile in case something non-standard is acting up. Update your Directx libraries, sound drivers, .net, Java and Facebook.

Try out other games to see how they run. Not all games are created equal, but if it's generic crappy performance, it might be visible in other games too.

Try creating a new user profile in case something non-standard is acting up. Update your

Wow, just found this post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...41#post5333941
try to find what changed on your machine between then and it turning back to terrible. (and yeah it's always choppy in the main city in an MMO in my XP)

Basically, something somewhere in your machine is being a dick. Finding it's going to be hard, but it's fun.
I have done everything in your post. Nothing has worked.

Changemelater
11.17.2012 , 03:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Packetdancer View Post
As I noted in one of your previous threads, according to your DxDiag output you have have a custom setting (125%) for user DPI on your system. I've seen that cause performance issues in SWTOR before (and other DirectX programs, which is probably part of why that value gets recorded in DxDiag), so you might want to try setting your system's scaling options back to 100% (i.e., turn them off) and see if there's any improvement in your graphics performance.
I tried it, it didn't work.

Changemelater
11.17.2012 , 03:20 PM | #6
I guess my greatest question is still why I'm receiving advice from other users, which is much appreciated, but I had to go to page ten to find this post. I'm at a distinct loss as to why CS doesn't deem it relevant to help paying customers who are experiencing problems with the game. I've said on multiple times that pvp is unplayable, and frustratingly so at 5 fps, yet not one response from CS.

PAYING CUSTOMER since February, and you just scan my thread, laugh your *** off, and neglect it? No help? No advice? Not even an e-mail? Not even a "OK loser, we'll humor you, post your dxdiag, and we'll see what we can do?" This started with 1.4, so don't brush me off like I'm some idiot with a bad computer who has other issues causing the terrible performance of this game. THIS STARTED WITH 1.4.

You've seemingly moved on because everyone else's problems with the fps and stuttering has been resolved, and for the minority of people who are left with problem, you just turn a blind eye? What the **** kind of CS is that? "If you don't like it, unsub." That's what you're telling me.

akodiakbear
11.17.2012 , 03:38 PM | #7
Hey I know you are very frustrated right now, but I would like to throw my two cents out there. I had this problem when the game first came out a year ago. I had a 560 ti along with a 2.4GHz quad core and it ran like ****. The exact same problem you had with warzone running at like 1-5 fps and the fleet absolutely a pain to navigate. I had unsubbed due to this problem and had gotten a new motherboard, processor and ram over the summer(An i5 3450 and now 8GB ram instead of 4GB).

I recently came back due to my friend just getting the game and I decided to sub again. My game now runs perfectly on very high. I did notice before I got the new motherboard that my GPU was running at 8x instead of the 16x that it was supposed to be running. I don't know if you had checked out if your card has been running at full capacity but its what I am guessing the problem I had was.

Just trying to help. Good luck finding the problem and hopefully you get some answers to your problem.