Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fps issue worse with 1.5

falafelpube
11.16.2012 , 12:48 AM | #1
I am a very unsatisfied customer with this crippling frames per second stuff, seems to be worse than the 1.4 update. I can't play flashpoints to get the new droid companion that came out and get do warzones going on 2 months now. For the love of people's hard earned money subscriptions please do something about this! I would love to stand by this game but i'm having a hard time justifying that anymore when you keep pumping out new content without fixing whats already there.

Asao
11.16.2012 , 01:56 AM | #2
same, FPS drop since patch. Annoying considering I have a machine that can play Skyrim on Ultra at 60FPS consistantly. Please Bioware fix namepate issues and help crossfire folks and sigle GPU folks enjoy thier SWTOR experience as it should be
Chaos

OwenBrooks
11.16.2012 , 02:06 AM | #3

I was reading the Nvidia known issues list earlier and it mentioned that Physx was sometimes being set to CPU and would cause poor fps in physx games . Dont know if this will help but it may be worth checking.
[PhysX]: After installing the driver, occasionally the PhysX processor selection in the
NVIDIA Control Panel is set to CPU instead of AutoSelect (Recommended), resulting
in PhysX games running slowly. [1049752]

SiXXXX
11.16.2012 , 02:08 AM | #4
One thing I've noticed is that I drop in FPS as the client is open longer.

Download memory cleaner and fix the settings so that once your CPU gets to 80% it clears the system cache.

Thats what fixed it for me since 1.4 anyways
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher

Marsirious
11.16.2012 , 06:28 AM | #5
Restarting my PC after the new patch solved my FPS drop.

Changemelater
11.16.2012 , 05:19 PM | #6
*bump

Exitusx
11.17.2012 , 02:08 PM | #7
Yep, same here. I am normally able to run at high graphics with little to no issue and sustain at least at 20-30 fps.

Now it dropped to 2 fps, and 5 or 6 fps in the LOGIN SCREEN.

EDIT: I did try restarting my computer and it helped a little, at least at the login screen, but fps is still pretty low than normal.
"The intended audience for players whom BioWare expected to play Smugglers are all fans of Harrison Ford. Why else would they have put so many references to him in the Smuggler Progression Trailer?"