Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to use the free name change per month?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How to use the free name change per month?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterApollo
11.16.2012 , 02:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Shattered_Sun and PoliteAssasin,

The name change services are not yet available.

As soon as we have an ETA for them to share we will let you know.

Thanks!
That's a bit low, I subbed specifically as I wanted this feature that you'd been advertising for free-to-play. It's false advertising and should be removed.

Senaini
11.16.2012 , 02:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Himeji_Endless View Post
Wow, here is a blatant example of fraud and willful intent to deceive - what state is the company based? A complaint needs to be forwarded to the appropriate legal office and consumer protection agency there ... Bioware, shame on you (again) ... these are kinds of things that people will remember about a company that promises things and doesn't deliver.
It doesn't matter where they are based, at least according to some state statutes. It's interstate commerce, so complaints can be filed with your local jurisdiction. There has been nothing done about this - it's still up on www.swtor.com/free - and while there are people who won't care, there are many who do and *will* file a complaint with their local state attorney general's office.

Renames being such a hot-button issue, one would think they would take even more care with promises on the subject. People will subscribe just for that feature.

KridG
11.16.2012 , 10:18 PM | #13
I wouldn't get too upset about this. It'd be easy enough to give everyone subbed for this month one free name change regardless of whenever it is implemented.

Valethar
11.16.2012 , 10:27 PM | #14
1) Even with a rename service, you won't get back the name you had when they forced the name change on you since someone else has it now. That's why you lost it to begin with.

2) Good luck with 'filing a complaint in your local jurisdiction'. Much like the BBB, all it will be is a waste of time, and nothing will come of it, because it's not important enough for them to care about following up on once you do. The AG has far better things to do with the taxpayers money. Following up on a complaint in a computer game isn't one of them.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Senaini
11.17.2012 , 01:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
1) Even with a rename service, you won't get back the name you had when they forced the name change on you since someone else has it now. That's why you lost it to begin with.
That's not the point. They're offering it as a part of "Subscribe now and get ____". Only, subscribers can't get it. Not only is not getting something you paid for frustrating, it's also, quite simply, a bald-faced lie right there on their promo page. I would think their marketing department would be coming up with ways to please subscribers, not piss them off.. *again*.

Quote:
2) Good luck with 'filing a complaint in your local jurisdiction'. Much like the BBB, all it will be is a waste of time, and nothing will come of it, because it's not important enough for them to care about following up on once you do. The AG has far better things to do with the taxpayers money. Following up on a complaint in a computer game isn't one of them.
heh.. "Eh, it's just a video game, they can lie to consumers all they like". Importance comes in when it comes to either bait and switch tactics or false advertising by a corporation. It does not matter what they lie about, simply that they did. Whether one chooses to make a report, of course, is up to the individual. It is indeed on the person doing the reporting to prove a case exists, but even BBB reports do get results one way or the other, even if only to raise awareness of a company's sneaky tactics.

I do find it interesting that they have not taken it down. Perhaps they are coming out with it in the next couple of days and think that will be good enough.

Ceyvel
01.18.2013 , 06:54 AM | #16
Is there any update on the "Get one Character, Guild, or Legacy name change per month" feature? I would like to know if it was scrapped, since free-to-play webpage doesn't mention it anymore, or we should still expect this feature to hit live servers at some point?

DeludedAussie
01.18.2013 , 09:16 AM | #17
Its probably been scrapped or wont be implemented until Sometime after the next mayan calendar cycle.

Radzkie
01.18.2013 , 09:34 AM | #18
My best guess is that it was scrapped so that they had more time to re-color items for the cartel market.

DeludedAussie
01.18.2013 , 10:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
My best guess is that it was scrapped so that they had more time to re-color items for the cartel market.
haha yeah, probably, Reminds me of the whole Cartel Pack emotes that were supposed to bind to your legacy (unlocking that emote for all your characters) Which is what they stated to do and CS said they were working on fixing the issue. Their Fix? Removing the 'This will unlock the emote for all your characters' bit in the description of their emotes.

Magicmind
01.24.2013 , 11:26 AM | #20
SO? been a couple months! want this to happen? lets make this thead go viral!

SIGNED!