Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
11.17.2012 , 02:54 AM | #3121
I'm very very tired, but I did want to say there was one really special thing that's come out of this thread.

Some friendships. There have been guilds that have come together through here and formed because of this thread. People changing servers to go play with friends. Email addy's exchanged. It warms this old geek's heart to see. The community that has happened on this thread due to this is one I'm very proud to be apart of.

Now, while this is a lovely side effect, the whole handling of SGRs has seemed filled with double standards and I know I feel like I've been shouting into the wind. I know I'm not the only one who feels like they are getting a sore throat. That's probably why I've seen Jenovan around the forums when I was randomly doing my "surf n lurk" recently, and not on this thread.

Eh, it sounds like it's going to happen before the end of the year. Right now too beat to give a crap, so long as it gets in and it's on par with the OGRs in the game.

Oh and heya Nozybidaj! Long time no see! I came back in mid September after leaving for the summer. It wasn't so much ToR, or the extremely wretched handling of SGR info by The Power That Be, I was just tired of mmos in general for a bit. Lack of any meaningful information about SGRs didn't help though.

With a ton of help from the various posters over the year, I helped organize a FAQ. Check out my signature if you're curious. It really hasn't done us a ton of good (as far as making any muckey-mucks say anything), but a lot of it I plan on keeping once SGRs go in. We'll get a lot of the same questions from both those genuinely politely/excitedly curious and from trolls (whose mothers should have been more liberal with the soap in their mouths.) It might help down the road, with some serious editing.

For now I know what classes I'm leveling and I'm taking it one at a time. Got some names locked, but I'm going to continue to save room for a couple of SGR inclined toons.

Have had 5 hrs of sleep in 48 hrs. Night night.

Lent_San
11.17.2012 , 10:04 AM | #3122
I've stopped subbing last night. I've subbed since the game started, waiting patiently for SGRs to be implemented, even though I haven't played in months. I told them I would sub again when they finally come. Well, this year sounds good but I have a hard time believing anything they put out since the info is just nonconsistent and confusing. Still hoping for the best though......

Bleeters
11.17.2012 , 10:13 AM | #3123
I miss when I could genuinely take things Bioware said at face value.

Lent_San
11.17.2012 , 10:36 AM | #3124
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
I miss when I could genuinely take things Bioware said at face value.
In this case, unfortunately I have to agree.

SkybladeDarkstar
11.17.2012 , 11:54 AM | #3125
I'm starting to think that El_Spiko may have had the right idea in taking legal recourse on promises made in Mass Effect 3. Say what you like about how childish or pathetic it may have been, ME3 wound up getting a new ending.

I think I know what I'll be doing if we don't get something by year's end.

Tatile
11.17.2012 , 12:34 PM | #3126
Quote: Originally Posted by SkybladeDarkstar View Post
I think I know what I'll be doing if we don't get something by year's end.
You may be hard-pressed to find the original statements from Mr. Reid and Mr. Erickson, unfortunately - they were never officially transcribed to the website (hence their hearsay status to everyone not involved in this thread), and that could be considered much of the case, as, even though there is great expectation based on Bioware's previous reputation, that reputation does not necessarily mean accountable obligation.

Basically you'd have to point at Bioware's previous games as grounds for reasonable expectation and the statements issued by Mr. Erickson at the Guild Summit (start pulling youtube videos) for such an action to start.

SkybladeDarkstar
11.17.2012 , 01:02 PM | #3127
Fortunately, those have already been gathered in the thread for us.

Palar
11.17.2012 , 01:14 PM | #3128
They could just as easily point to the early, early interviews where they said it wouldn't be in at all.

Which had it's own ME3 reaction, and Reid's "it'll be post launch" response... now we're just in the fog of unspecified implementation.

SkybladeDarkstar
11.17.2012 , 01:18 PM | #3129
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
They could just as easily point to the early, early interviews where they said it wouldn't be in at all.

Which had it's own ME3 reaction, and Reid's "it'll be post launch" response... now we're just in the fog of unspecified implementation.
That wouldn't help them. If anything, it would hurt them, as it would show that they changed their stance in their advertisements specifically to keep people who would have left otherwise.

Palar
11.17.2012 , 03:04 PM | #3130
Quote: Originally Posted by SkybladeDarkstar View Post
That wouldn't help them. If anything, it would hurt them, as it would show that they changed their stance in their advertisements specifically to keep people who would have left otherwise.
Fair point... the whole thing's long past the point of idiocy, with how they've handled it.