Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1 mio. credits for HK-51 per. character is unfair.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1 mio. credits for HK-51 per. character is unfair.

Scovina
11.17.2012 , 11:23 AM | #51
[QUOTE=Jeweledleah;5425579]@ Scovina. we cardinally disagree then. because NO OTHER LEGACY UNLOCK comes even close to costing this much. most of them cost about this much or less PER LEGACY. and those other unlocks are a lot less useful IMO.

what you are advocating is this elitist attitude of "you must have no life to "earn" the perks" that only people who play hours upon hours every day deserve access to a companion for their alts. no. just no.

So by your logic just because other legacy perks are lower then this one has to be lower too. And no it isn't an elitist attitude. I just prefer to put my time in and not cry about everything I can't have. That is life for you. Do you have this attitude about everything in your life? Guess what you subscribe so if you get him one time eventually you will be able to get him no matter what! You don't even have to change what you're doing just keep your sub! And you reinforce my point from before about why he shouldn't cost a 1 mil global unlock, but be more, by saying "and those other unlocks are a lot less useful IMO" so thanks for agreeing with me. With that statement you admit he is more valuable and logically should cost more!

Monoth
11.17.2012 , 11:25 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
sigh. its not free. its a minimum of 150,000 credits for the part you need. more over - it also means that you cannot use him on your alts.

@ Scovina. we cardinally disagree then. because NO OTHER LEGACY UNLOCK comes even close to costing this much. most of them cost about this much or less PER LEGACY. and those other unlocks are a lot less useful IMO.

what you are advocating is this elitist attitude of "you must have no life to "earn" the perks" that only people who play hours upon hours every day deserve access to a companion for their alts. no. just no.

@ Monoth. YOU don't see the point. YOU. but YOU are not the one who is playing other people's game. YOU don't get to decide what they do or do not enjoy. maybe. just maybe. I'd like to have a companion with me that doesn't double the spec I want to play. maybe just maybe, I'm tired of the companion who like Morrigan disapproves of most dialogue choices, mouths off constantly, yet is my only option for the entire chapter. and maybe just because i like him and want him along. you not seeing the point, doesn't make preferences of others any less valid. as of right now? this much advertised companion is basically useless.
Well YOU don't get to decide what content Bioware offers or how they offer it. YOU do get to choose if you play the game or not or how you will play the game with the options Bioware gives you.

"" I want my HK-51 on my alts NOW and don't make me work for it ""..... QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ
"" I only play 2 hours a month so Bioware needs to design the game to cater to me "" QQ QQ QQ QQ

Ya i know your point....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.17.2012 , 11:25 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
Its mil. not mio.
maybe in your country.

here it is spelled mio.

ProsaicProse
11.17.2012 , 11:43 AM | #54
Personally, I think it's a ship ornament for level 50's, and not intended for actual leveling.

Bordak
11.17.2012 , 11:52 AM | #55
Anyone with a level 50 is more than capable of earning 150k+ credits an hour. Even a part time player can give an alt an HK a week. HK is optional. You do not need him. If you can't afford a million credits in a game that showers us all with credits, you may need to develop a savings plan.

I suggest the following:

1) Quit buying gear as you level. It is unnecessary.

2) Only have level 1 speeder piloting. Faster is nice, but unnecessary.

3) Worry about modded armor at 50. Removing mods is an unnecessary expense. You don't have to have your character look "cool" just to level. Nobody cares

4) Roll alts with nothing but gathering skills. Sell stacks as you complete them. GREAT money as you level up, especially from Bioanalysis and Scavenging. Critters and droids are all over the place. If you take slicing as a third, that's just money all over the place for doing nothing.

5) Run your daily random HM (with daily quest), do weekly (3 HMs)... more easy money.

6) If you MUST have moddable gear on low level alts, do the daily heroics on whichever planet they are on with your higher level characters (50 preferred). Not only do you make money from drops, vendor trash, and heroic quest reward, you get the comms that can then be used to buy the armorings, mods, and enhancements you can then send to your alt. No need to buy them off GTN. Make money AND save money. Also, that frees up the level appropriate toon from having to buy anything except off the gear comm vendor for looks or companions.

7) Do your dailies. You don't even have to do them all, if you don't want to. It's still easy money. 285k+ each day. If you have a lot of daily commendations with no use for them, buy Rakata implants and sell on GTN. More easy money.

8) There are some Hoth Heroics that yield a TON of credits with great loot potential from champion mobs. None take more than a half-hour. Great diversion for when you're sick of dailies.

9) It's easy to out level content without doing space or warzones. I usually hit 50 before starting Voss bonus series. That generally leaves me some of Voss, Voss bonus series, Hoth bonus series, and all of Corellia to make money: around 650k credits by the end of it... just for those.

.... none of the above steps take crafting, reverse engineering, procs, or any luck that you'll unlock some purple schematic. No need for hours of grinding the same spot or mindlessly pointing/clicking or checking back to see if you're inventory is full of crafted crap. With the exception of slicing missions (if you choose to do them), there's no need for credits spent sending companions out.

Training, repair, and travel costs. That's it.

If you are a sly crafter, know your market, have access to schems that people want... that's just mo' money for you. I don't craft, so I earn credits by doing what I enjoy. I know people who hate crafting but do it for the credits. I don't believe in doing something in a video game I don't find fun.. but that's just me.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Elear
11.17.2012 , 11:53 AM | #56
sigh. its not free. its a minimum of 150,000 credits for the part you need.
This just means for ability to use him since lvl 1 you have to pay only 850k, since 150k is his 'basic' cost.

NO OTHER LEGACY UNLOCK comes even close to costing this much. most of them cost about this much or less PER LEGACY. and those other unlocks are a lot less useful IMO.
No other unlock gives you companion. And if this one is much more usefull, even more reason for higher price

Scovina
11.17.2012 , 11:58 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Bordak View Post
You don't have to have your character look "cool" just to level. Nobody cares
That part isn't true. Looking cool on the Imperial side is the bees knees!

However jokes aside all the points you suggest and make are words to live by in any mmo you play.

I see so many people buy all kinds of crap gear that is unnecessary or spend money on things they shouldn't and then wonder why they don't have enough to go around. Well First rule in any mmo is level one guy to the max right away and max some skills. It may be a bit tedious yes but that is how you will fund everything you want to do on all your alts. Eventually you will have a few characters making money for you and then you will be able to buy all kinds of stupid little perks, pets, speeders, gear and cosmetic upgrades.

ProsaicProse
11.17.2012 , 12:05 PM | #58
An unlock is pointless if no one bothers unlocking it due to cost. :P

Elear
11.17.2012 , 12:08 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
An unlock is pointless if no one bothers unlocking it due to cost. :P
Don't worry about that, lots of people already did.

-Me-
11.17.2012 , 01:20 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Bordak View Post
You don't have to have your character look "cool" just to level. Nobody cares
Are you the guy at EA that designed the can opener man armor and bull horns and shoulder pads 6 feet long and the guy that thought we don't need our own armor dye choices?

Speak for yourself, I want to look whatever kind of cool I want to look at all stages of the game.
Allow me to use my own avatar and signature, I'll think about it. Oh wait...