Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Digital upgrade pack?!?!?!


bhking's Avatar


bhking
11.17.2012 , 10:44 AM | #1
I CANNOT BELIEVE, that suddenly the items only obtainable from the pre-order are now up for grabs. Like... is there any concept of loyalty or any restriction of greed? Bioware no longer exists, its like a snakeskin now... looks similar but its just a discarded piece of worthless ****!
People Don't Have Bounties, Only Acquisitions Have Bounties
The sun never sets on the Sith Empire.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix.

Scerge's Avatar


Scerge
11.17.2012 , 10:46 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by bhking View Post
I CANNOT BELIEVE, that suddenly the items only obtainable from the pre-order are now up for grabs. Like... is there any concept of loyalty or any restriction of greed? Bioware no longer exists, its like a snakeskin now... looks similar but its just a discarded piece of worthless ****!
Yeah it kinda sucks..

I was a pre-order and I'm sure bioware stamped all over it ONLY OBTAINABLE ONCE.
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.

WaywardSith's Avatar


WaywardSith
11.17.2012 , 11:06 AM | #3
Seriously! Plus, it's ONLY $4.99!! What kind of crap is this?!
Lacai ~ lvl 50 Tanksin | Polakov ~ lvl 50 Op Healer | Bl'y ~ lvl 50 Commando DPS main spec, heal off spec

Twisteddm's Avatar


Twisteddm
11.17.2012 , 11:15 AM | #4
The Digital Upgrade Pack has been around for quite some time... I believe my wife and I upgraded our standard copies using it less than a week after the game was released. Might've been slightly longer, but no more than a month.
Admittedly, we paid 14.99 for it back then, bringing the price of our standard editions up to the same as the Digital Deluxe versions (which is where all the bonus items come from, not from pre-order). There was even an amount of bonus coins granted to those of us who bought the pack prior to F2P. Not sure what all the drama is about really... are you only just finding out about it being available now?

Kento-Solo's Avatar


Kento-Solo
11.17.2012 , 02:52 PM | #5
The DDE was about 60-75 bucks when the game first came out. If you think about it, a new game or expansion comes average around 60 bucks, plus your month of game time is in there, 15 dollar value, and then all the little in game toys, for another 5. We got it earlier then the rest, and it's clearly not selling anymore which is why they just dropped the price of the items to 5 bucks. It's exactly like it is on the GTN, when something first comes out, its expensive, give it time, it cheapens. Next time hold on to your money if your going to be angry when the price drops later.
I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
11.17.2012 , 03:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bhking View Post
I CANNOT BELIEVE, that suddenly the items only obtainable from the pre-order are now up for grabs. Like... is there any concept of loyalty or any restriction of greed? Bioware no longer exists, its like a snakeskin now... looks similar but its just a discarded piece of worthless ****!
Translation:

"I gots it furst! No one else can haz it!! Itz mine!!! My ownz!!!! MY............PPPREEECIOUSSSSSSSssssssssssss!!!!!"

And then, the pot called the kettle black.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Scovina's Avatar


Scovina
11.17.2012 , 05:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kento-Solo View Post
The DDE was about 60-75 bucks when the game first came out. If you think about it, a new game or expansion comes average around 60 bucks, plus your month of game time is in there, 15 dollar value, and then all the little in game toys, for another 5. We got it earlier then the rest, and it's clearly not selling anymore which is why they just dropped the price of the items to 5 bucks. It's exactly like it is on the GTN, when something first comes out, its expensive, give it time, it cheapens. Next time hold on to your money if your going to be angry when the price drops later.

This exactly. I remember back in the day when I bought a game then the expansion. Then that company made the two available together and it was cheaper than what I paid for just one of them. I was so damn angry I stomped all around my house. I threw my wife's favorite vase on the ground. Then she grounded me and told me to go to my room and I said NO! The anger sharks are swimming even now just thinking about it. I mean how on earth do some things get cheaper with time it makes no sense!!!11!!!!!

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
11.17.2012 , 07:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
This exactly. I remember back in the day when I bought a game then the expansion. Then that company made the two available together and it was cheaper than what I paid for just one of them. I was so damn angry I stomped all around my house. I threw my wife's favorite vase on the ground. Then she grounded me and told me to go to my room and I said NO! The anger sharks are swimming even now just thinking about it. I mean how on earth do some things get cheaper with time it makes no sense!!!11!!!!!
Welcome to the trickle-down economy.

They release a product, wait until sales drop, then drop the price. You see this everywhere. The prices of the Xbox 360 and PS3 were not the same after a year. They drop the price. Why? Because the financial segment of our society with lots of disposable income bought them. Then sales dropped when they stopped selling at the first price, so they drop it down for the next financial segment of our society, and so on over the years. We see this happen with many products you can purchase from stores.

Its not EAware's fault you had the disposable income to buy it when it first came out, and couldn't wait a few months for a price drop, which inevitibley happens with many PC games, MMO or not.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

DragooGC's Avatar


DragooGC
11.17.2012 , 07:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
This exactly. I remember back in the day when I bought a game then the expansion. Then that company made the two available together and it was cheaper than what I paid for just one of them. I was so damn angry I stomped all around my house. I threw my wife's favorite vase on the ground. Then she grounded me and told me to go to my room and I said NO! The anger sharks are swimming even now just thinking about it. I mean how on earth do some things get cheaper with time it makes no sense!!!11!!!!!
Sarcasm?

Caused me to crack a smile.
<No Fear Dojo> Sith Empire <Galactic Council> Republic Dreamweave-Operative HealerDragoe-Shadow Tank(Shadowlands)
THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!!http://youtu.be/w3XH3EhOkHM

Deviouzzz's Avatar


Deviouzzz
11.17.2012 , 07:57 PM | #10
It has always been available, from day one until now as the "Digital Deluxe" version, you could buy it from this site or on Origin for around $7.95 as an upgrade, I did it when I bought the game in Feb and my brother recently as well about 6 weeks back. - It does not give you access to the Collectors Edition vendor or those perks.

it was never limited, don't let your urge to rage about everything blind you to the facts before you enter 'table flipping' mode.
Deviouz
Nightmare Council - Master Dar'Nala
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted."