Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Useless on below 50 characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
HK-51 Useless on below 50 characters

Necronomicon
11.16.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1
I unlocked HK-51 on my main and then decided to use the legacy perk to unlock HK on two of my alts, one is level 31 and one is level 27, but HK is completely useless, his gear doesn't scale (which I was lead to understand it would with sub 50 characters), so basically he's fully geared but none of the gear will work because the character isn't lvl 50. Is it not going to scale or is this a bug?
Necronomigone Skourge (Necronomikon Scourge)
Dark Jedi Brotherhood/Knights of Odun-Urr
Jedi Covenant (Keller's Void)

Jeweledleah
11.16.2012 , 04:40 PM | #2
I can't believe I'm saying this (hoping for more bugs, that is), but... I hope its a bug. because my main reason for getting HK was to be able to use him on some of my lowbies. especially agent (I'm getting real tired of your.. poop, Kaliyo)

though...
is his gear modded? and if yes, did you try switching out his mods? is his gear removable (with lower level gear being useful? )

Necronomicon
11.16.2012 , 04:48 PM | #3
it is moddable, its not that he's entirely useless you can mod his gear and everything which i'm fine with but I was under the impression it was going to scale, so i don't want to waste credits on fully decking him out in gear for the level that my toons are at if its just a bug and all his gear will scale after its fixed, that's why my main question is if its a bug that it didn't scale or is it just not going to scale now and I will just have to mod his gear.
Necronomigone Skourge (Necronomikon Scourge)
Dark Jedi Brotherhood/Knights of Odun-Urr
Jedi Covenant (Keller's Void)

Monoth
11.16.2012 , 04:55 PM | #4
Don't remember seeing anything about HK's gear being scalable
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

DZid
11.17.2012 , 09:50 AM | #5
Good question, i have HK on a low lvl alt as well and am in the same boat, i also found that if you remove any of his gear you cannot re-equip the gear as you will get a message saying that you are not lvl 50..
Though i have not tried to remove mods and remod with low level parts as of yet

Would be great to get some news on whether this is working as intended (ie, we are ment to completely re-gear him (after spending 1mil on the unlock i hope not..))
Or whether the gear does scale but the games bugs by giving you the message that he cant use said gear and doesnt show any stat gains or allow you to re-equip the gear if you remove it..

DarkhorseForLife
11.17.2012 , 10:09 AM | #6
If you have the money to buy the HK perk to unlock him on a lowbie, then chances are pretty good you have the money to re-gear him appropriately.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Simil
11.17.2012 , 11:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Don't remember seeing anything about HK's gear being scalable
You must have missed it. HK-51's gear is supposed to scale and was a feature up until a couple weeks ago. Apparently it is a known issue and is to be resolved. Hopefully sooner than later, the legacy unlock isn't worth the price otherwise.

DZid
11.17.2012 , 12:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Simil View Post
You must have missed it. HK-51's gear is supposed to scale and was a feature up until a couple weeks ago. Apparently it is a known issue and is to be resolved. Hopefully sooner than later, the legacy unlock isn't worth the price otherwise.
Thought i remember reading something about the gear scaling to character level, just couldn't remember where x)
Good to know its a known issue, as i didnt see it in the known issues thread when i checked yesterday.

Yswr
11.18.2012 , 06:25 PM | #9
Yeah I removed all the stuff out of his gear and put level appropriate stuff in but it all stayed level 50 so now I've just spent 150k getting everything out and putting all new stuff in and I still can't put the gear back on him because my alt is level 27.

Not a happy bunny
Yswr---Rwsy

jameslm
11.18.2012 , 06:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Yswr View Post
Yeah I removed all the stuff out of his gear and put level appropriate stuff in but it all stayed level 50 so now I've just spent 150k getting everything out and putting all new stuff in and I still can't put the gear back on him because my alt is level 27.

Not a happy bunny
So you did all of the gear without testing one piece first? That's a shame.