Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN new tax

Avorniel
11.17.2012 , 08:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrKartelos View Post
Why cant we just sell an item for say 10,000 and get 10,000?
would you sell a house for someone as a broker/agent and not get any fee for doing it ? that is how it works in swtor it's called commission

if you want the whole 10k use the trade channel and spam the items for hours and hours on end, I know what option I would use.

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

Wizard_Thoarin
11.17.2012 , 08:45 AM | #22
The problem is that the commission exceeds the deposit now without letting us know in advance. It introduces a problem in calculating cost of the items you throw up on the GTN. Plus a 13% sales tax seems a little excessive to me and should be down around 5% in my opinion and should be covered by the deposit. Now if the 13% commission were based on the lower base value as the new deposit rules are calculated that would be more acceptable. Clarification as to what is intended would be much appreciated.
Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid

_Motoki_
11.17.2012 , 09:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrKartelos View Post
Why cant we just sell an item for say 10,000 and get 10,000?
Quote: Originally Posted by Avorniel View Post
would you sell a house for someone as a broker/agent and not get any fee for doing it ? that is how it works in swtor it's called commission

if you want the whole 10k use the trade channel and spam the items for hours and hours on end, I know what option I would use.

The difference is that this is a game and first and foremost it is supposed to be fun.

While I do see the point in having a deposit to discourage spamming of ridiculous junk items that won't sell, if you add in fees and taxed and the math starts getting so complicated that you need a calculator or spreadsheet formula to figure out how much you are going to get it stops being fun and starts being annoying and confusing.

Luceon
11.17.2012 , 09:25 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wizard_Thoarin View Post
The problem is that the commission exceeds the deposit now without letting us know in advance. It introduces a problem in calculating cost of the items you throw up on the GTN. Plus a 13% sales tax seems a little excessive to me and should be down around 5% in my opinion and should be covered by the deposit. Now if the 13% commission were based on the lower base value as the new deposit rules are calculated that would be more acceptable. Clarification as to what is intended would be much appreciated.
Agreed, not ever does the system or BW include us in on what the commission takes until you get the first mail when someone buys it (which is annoyingly too late).

The change you see is only due to the deposit, as how it is calculated (before and now) is when someone buys your item you get: your listed price + your deposit - the tax/commission. Before 1.5 the deposit would sometimes be in the 10k's credits and easily covered the commission and you wouldn't think any less of it. Now the deposit is considerably lower and does not cover the commission so we begin to notice it.
Maybe I don't want a signature....

Wizard_Thoarin
11.17.2012 , 07:38 PM | #25
Bump, hoping someone notices this problem and for others to post in this thread.
Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid

battycoda
12.02.2012 , 06:00 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrius View Post
Wow. So where are our taxes going? Improved GTN interfacing? Increased responsiveness? Functionality of the GTN? I don't remember reading about any of this in the patch notes. In fact it seemed like most deposit values would go down.

If I see any, "Your Tax Credits At Work," signs on Coruscant...
It is going to buy batteries for the "I have been browsing too long without jumping or turning" auto-boot droid hidden in the terminal that severs your connection to the game.

Vindrosa Legacy
Smuggler - 50 | Bounty Hunter - 50
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?

SkuzBukit
12.02.2012 , 08:56 PM | #27
I really hate the new system, & I think I preferred the old one, I think I'm getting ripped off, but I can't recall how much was taken from the deposit upon a sale before to compare.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

RobHampshire
12.03.2012 , 08:40 AM | #28
Really, the only change I see here is the cost of posting a item.

Before the 1.5 patch, you posted an item and paid a big fee to post that item. The 'tax' you speak of was deducted from the sale price and deposit combined. So before 1.5, (numbers made up) you sell item a for 10,000 credits and pay a listing fee of 1000 credits. When the item sold you received 11,000 credits minus the GTN's commission. This figure always exceeded the 10,000 credits you posted the item for so for example you would receive 10,500 credits.

With 1.5, you post an item for 10,000 credits but only pay a listing fee of 100 credits. When that item sells you receive that 10,500 credits but minus the commission. Therefore in this case you would only receive 9,600 credits. Therefore the only change is in what you pay to post the item and you are only noticing the 'tax' because of that reduced fee.

TLR The commission has always been there. The only difference now is that you are putting down substantially less to post the item so you are noticing it whereas before you did not.

Zaifodias
12.03.2012 , 01:54 PM | #29
I've noticed this as well! GTN took over 3K in credits from a 30K credit sale!