Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The future of the storylines according to the latest book.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
The future of the storylines according to the latest book.

Angedechu
11.17.2012 , 07:50 AM | #31
I have played Imperial quests up to Taris, and I spent of my time murdering natives, torturing people and killing civilians.

If you don't see that the Imperials are cast as space nazis in the game....

Scerge
11.17.2012 , 07:54 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
(I'm halfway in the book)

So, what happened in each storyline ?

-The Jedi Knight storyline is the most proeminent. The Emperor death was the Empire's Midway. The Empire is in full retreat everywhere. Panic is gripping the Dark Council. They know that total defeat is a question of months.

-The Imperial Intelligence disbanding affected tremendously the Empire's war effort. The Empire is now completely blind toward the Republican war effort. Opposedly, the Republicans are able to read into Imperial most secure channels and know perfectly Imperial intentions. (note : coupled with some cryptoanalysis sequences, this looks furiously like the situation of the Allies in WW2)

-A Darth Gravus (the canonical Sith Warrior, judging by the text description) met a very fiery death at the hand of a fellow sith and her superweapon (no, really ?). Very ironically, Darth Gravus seems to have been very good at helping the Republican war effort....since he ascended to his position thanks to him wrecking Taris.

Alas, Darth Gravus missed a tiny point : the governor of Taris, because of his action, ascended to the post of Supreme Chancellor-and fully mobilized the Republic against the Empire.
If I remember you only killed a fake emperor, the real emperor still exists.
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.

Girdeux
11.17.2012 , 07:57 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Scerge View Post
If I remember you only killed a fake emperor, the real emperor still exists.
This, the voice was destroyed but the emperors true body still exists...And in the SWTOR Encyclopedia book its stated the Empire still has a good chance to win.

lokdron
11.17.2012 , 07:58 AM | #34
I have played Imperial quests up to Taris, and I spent of my time murdering natives, torturing people and killing civilians.

If you don't see that the Imperials are cast as space nazis in the game....
Hey its not my fault you played dark side thats why the game gave you the choice to be light side. Plus as I said the point I am making is that in a game no matter even if you are good or evil if what you do ends up being meaningless you will stop playing the game.

Most people I know would and I would as well its the reason why I no longer play mass effect 3. Its not the matter of good or evil of being a downright douche right now some people are starting to feel that their stories/planet stories from 1-50 is meaningless since the republic undo everything.

While the empire has no benefit from what it has done beforehand. Now with the current book annihilation and the dread masters it seems like bioware is just kicking them while they are down. When people found out the new operation was dread masters a lot of empire players were upset.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Scerge
11.17.2012 , 08:03 AM | #35
And I'm pretty certain that the emperor has something planned for the republic which even the dark council wont ever hear about until it happens.
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.

lokdron
11.17.2012 , 08:08 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Scerge View Post
And I'm pretty certain that the emperor has something planned for the republic which even the dark council wont ever hear about until it happens.
That's what I am personally hoping for but it seems to me that bioware is setting the emperor up to be the "big bad" that everyone fights. They want the storylines to be more of an "avengers" type of story and the new lead writer used to be a writer for smuggler and jedi knight I am not hopeful.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya

Angedechu
11.17.2012 , 08:09 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Hey its not my fault you played dark side thats why the game gave you the choice to be light side. Plus as I said the point I am making is that in a game no matter even if you are good or evil if what you do ends up being meaningless you will stop playing the game.

Most people I know would and I would as well its the reason why I no longer play mass effect 3. Its not the matter of good or evil of being a downright douche right now some people are starting to feel that their stories/planet stories from 1-50 is meaningless since the republic undo everything.

While the empire has no benefit from what it has done beforehand. Now with the current book annihilation and the dread masters it seems like bioware is just kicking them while they are down. When people found out the new operation was dread masters a lot of empire players were upset.
Who said I don't play Light side ? I have 4 rep characters.

Angedechu
11.17.2012 , 08:09 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
This, the voice was destroyed but the emperors true body still exists...And in the SWTOR Encyclopedia book its stated the Empire still has a good chance to win.
The book on the other hand says that the Emperor is dead.

lokdron
11.17.2012 , 08:12 AM | #39
The book on the other hand says that the Emperor is dead.
Play the sith warrior story to level 50.

Spoiler

Angedechu
11.17.2012 , 08:18 AM | #40
The inner circle in the book is convinced that the Emperor is dead.