Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fate of the Silencer [Annihilation spoilers]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
The Fate of the Silencer [Annihilation spoilers]

BenKatarn
11.17.2012 , 05:49 AM | #1
I'm currently in the process of making my way through the audiobook version of "Annihilation". However, from very early on in the book, I was sort of getting nervous because of some comments the book has made. Perhaps my fears will be eased once I've finished the book, but I highly doubt it.

Multiple times during its course, the book mentions that the Ascendent Spear is the last of the Imperial superweapon capital ships that were developed under the Sun Razer project of Darth Mekhis. Among other things, ships developed by the Sun Razer included the Gauntlet (hyperspace target elimination capital ship); destroyed by the Trooper in Act 2) and the Silencer (rapid-recharge "fleet killer" capital ship; under the command of the Inquisitor in Act 3). While the Gauntlet was obviously destroyed in the game, I am concerned regarding the Silencer. It obviously survived its maiden battle and since it was part of the Inquisitor storyline, I highly doubt it would be destroyed during the course of the game and the Inquisitor not be informed of it. Not to mention that the book goes as far as saying "only the Ascendent Spear could destroy a Republic fleet that easily", which the Silencer could do as well, in rapid succession.

So, my point I guess is, what's happened here? Was the Silencer destroyed off-screen? Was it forgotten about? Or was the fact that it still existed (it was originally unfinished and then made operational by the Inqusititor) kept a secret from most of the Imperial military?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

SveinEternity
11.17.2012 , 05:55 AM | #2
Sometimes I think BW is picking sides in this war... Every imperial achievement s down the drain.
The Eternity Legacy

Girdeux
11.17.2012 , 06:47 AM | #3
why dont you email drew and ask him then post his answer here. It'll take him 1-2 weeks to reply usually.

If you do end up emailing him ask him why Nox wasnt utilized in the council meetings...considering there is no mention at all.

lokdron
11.17.2012 , 07:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SveinEternity View Post
Sometimes I think BW is picking sides in this war... Every imperial achievement s down the drain.
Its pretty obvious I mean the new lead writer used to be a writer for the smuggler and jedi knight stories.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Chaloss
11.17.2012 , 08:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
why dont you email drew and ask him then post his answer here. It'll take him 1-2 weeks to reply usually.

If you do end up emailing him ask him why Nox wasnt utilized in the council meetings...considering there is no mention at all.
Maybe because there is no Nox? Darth Imperius would be rather pissed off if someone called him Darth Nox :P

Downside of alignment based name is have to be very vague to include that. And can't use gender either really.

Speaking of Silencer (and other super weapons of any side) I hope they get rid of them all.

lokdron
11.17.2012 , 08:52 AM | #6
If they get rid of the silencer all it would do is piss off the sith inquisitor community. It would annoy me as well.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Chaloss
11.17.2012 , 12:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
If they get rid of the silencer all it would do is piss off the sith inquisitor community. It would annoy me as well.
I consider Inquisitor my main and I was really disappointed in Silencer. Fleet destroying super weapon is stupid thing to implement in story.

Slowpokeking
11.17.2012 , 04:28 PM | #8
DK just want the Empire to lose everything, did you see what he did to Gravus?

Karkais
11.17.2012 , 05:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Multiple times during its course, the book mentions that the Ascendent Spear is the last of the Imperial superweapon capital ships that were developed under the Sun Razer project of Darth Mekhis. Among other things, ships developed by the Sun Razer included the Gauntlet (hyperspace target elimination capital ship); destroyed by the Trooper in Act 2) and the Silencer (rapid-recharge "fleet killer" capital ship; under the command of the Inquisitor in Act 3). While the Gauntlet was obviously destroyed in the game, I am concerned regarding the Silencer. It obviously survived its maiden battle and since it was part of the Inquisitor storyline, I highly doubt it would be destroyed during the course of the game and the Inquisitor not be informed of it. Not to mention that the book goes as far as saying "only the Ascendent Spear could destroy a Republic fleet that easily", which the Silencer could do as well, in rapid succession.

So, my point I guess is, what's happened here? Was the Silencer destroyed off-screen? Was it forgotten about? Or was the fact that it still existed (it was originally unfinished and then made operational by the Inqusititor) kept a secret from most of the Imperial military?
I don't know what book you are talking about here, but the SWTOR graphic novel "the lost suns" classifies Ascendant spear as "long range battle cruiser with class 0.5 hyperdrive". Whereas the silencer is a rapid-recharge fleet-killer megalaser. I don't know what would make Asc. spear as the particular ship of destroying rep fleets..

Also, I think the fate of the silencer is reserved for Bioware. I HOPE I will get to see it again ingame and preferably not in ruins (my main character is an inquisitor). I guess all other people creating SWTOR -related stuff out of the game are told to keep their hands off the silencer.. I just hope Bioware gets to writing episode 4 for all of our characters one beautiful day..
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Slowpokeking
11.17.2012 , 06:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
I don't know what book you are talking about here, but the SWTOR graphic novel "the lost suns" classifies Ascendant spear as "long range battle cruiser with class 0.5 hyperdrive". Whereas the silencer is a rapid-recharge fleet-killer megalaser. I don't know what would make Asc. spear as the particular ship of destroying rep fleets..

Also, I think the fate of the silencer is reserved for Bioware. I HOPE I will get to see it again ingame and preferably not in ruins (my main character is an inquisitor). I guess all other people creating SWTOR -related stuff out of the game are told to keep their hands off the silencer.. I just hope Bioware gets to writing episode 4 for all of our characters one beautiful day..
Ascendant Spear, in Annihilation was a cruiser made of special technology, the Sith could link with the ship through the Dark Side of the Force and command every piece of it like controlling their own body. And it was capable to destroy fleets.