Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good classes?

TarlsonLeven
11.17.2012 , 06:11 AM | #1
Hey,
This is my first time playing Tor so im wondering what does everyone recommend as a starting class?
ďArenít you a little short for a stormtrooper?Ē

SerowTOR
11.17.2012 , 06:33 AM | #2
I would suggest either of the Force-sensitive classes, because their resource management systems are the easiest to understand.

Knight/Warrior: Use basic attacks to gain resource to spend for more powerful attacks.
Consular/Inquisitor: Your "mana" bar recharges at a constant rate (at low levels), so just use your basic attacks in between to not run out of mana.

Both the Agent/Smuggler and Trooper/Bounty Hunter have variable resource regeneration rates (and cover for the Agent/Smuggler) to manage, so it's slightly more complicated for the absolute beginner to pick up.

But feel free to experiment, the point of the level-based system is to progressively hand out abilities for you to use, so you don't get overwhelmed.

Oggthebase
11.17.2012 , 06:35 AM | #3
if it's your first time playing an MMORPG, I would tell you to pick a class for which you like the background and the collective imagery. Bioware has done a pretty good job on keeping each class archetypes when writing their story so chances are, if you like a class style, you'll like its story.

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes

If you're a RPG veteran, here is a breakdown of each class with their respective advanced classes:
Jedi knight // Sith Warrior (tank /melee dps or pure melee dps)
Smuggler // Imperial Agent (heal /melee dps or ranged dps)
Jedi Consular // Sith inquisitor (heal /ranged dps or tank /melee dps)
Trooper // Bounty Hunter (heal /ranged dps or tank /shortranged dps)