Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should the Sith return in the sequel trilogy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Should the Sith return in the sequel trilogy?

Thylbanus
11.13.2012 , 11:43 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JettrikRyflix View Post
Fair enough. I guess what I mean is, it's only fair if they have to start from scratch, like Luke has to start the Jedi over from scratch. The Banite line should be dead and gone with Sidious.
True, which would open it up for more than just two.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Claprica
11.14.2012 , 10:09 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
No star wars without sith vs jedi.
My thoughts too.
Its kinda like Yin and Yang. One must balance the other.

e- typo

Roshe
11.16.2012 , 09:27 AM | #33
You have to remember that in the history of Star Wars, the Sith have 'died out' and come back several times. This should be no different. So Palpatine/Sidious and Vader are gone. That doesn't mean there can't be another Sith, or even a fallen Jedi who becomes a Sith, to bring conflict and chaos to Episode VII.

And I think that with the next movie being an original story, all the EU stories after RoTJ become irrelevant. (I do hope they bring Mara Jade into it, however, as she was the single greatest thing the EU gave us.)

Thylbanus
11.16.2012 , 12:30 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Roshe View Post
(I do hope they bring Mara Jade into it, however, as she was the single greatest thing the EU gave us.)
Very true. She was named in the top 20 Star Wars characters. The only from the EU and just infront of Stormtroopers in poplularity.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Arator
11.17.2012 , 06:32 AM | #35
Screw the sith. Grand Admiral Thrawn.
Ara'tor - 55 Powertech // Ariadne - 55 Juggernaught

nickguitarhero
11.20.2012 , 09:33 AM | #36
I don't care that Ep. 7 is an original story. I don't care if it has Sith in it or not. My main wishes are:
#1: Bring Back Luke, Leia, Han, and now they just confirmed BDW is coming back as Lando!
#2: While they dont have to adapt an EU story, don't throw away over 30 years of hard work by the authors and over 30 years of new characters we've grown to know and love. Keep the Skywalker/Solo families like they are in the books (Luke, Mara, Ben / Han, Leia, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin), and don't contradict any existing stories, and I'll be happy.

And I loved the Vong. Just saying.

Akilus
11.20.2012 , 12:37 PM | #37
HK Army anyone? I am pretty sure they are the only force that can push down the full Jedi Order at this time.