Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friend Subscription Help

Markus-T
11.16.2012 , 11:17 PM | #1
Hi, I bought the game at launch and recently started playing again.
I've just got my friend to download the Free-To-Play version.
What I need to know is, can he buy a game time card or subscribe whenever he wants and get full privileges or does he still need to buy the full game with a product/registration key?
Thanks.

happysister
11.16.2012 , 11:30 PM | #2
i'm assuming he can just buy a gamecard/pay with a credit card, etc. if he wants to subscribe, but i'm not 100% sure. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

Markus-T
11.16.2012 , 11:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
i'm assuming he can just buy a gamecard/pay with a credit card, etc. if he wants to subscribe, but i'm not 100% sure. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
That's what I thought but thanks anyway.

KurganNazzir
11.17.2012 , 02:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Markus-T View Post
Hi, I bought the game at launch and recently started playing again.
I've just got my friend to download the Free-To-Play version.
What I need to know is, can he buy a game time card or subscribe whenever he wants and get full privileges or does he still need to buy the full game with a product/registration key?
Thanks.
He does not need a product key since the game is now free, though he can certainly buy the game if he wants and get the free 30 days subscription. If he wants to be a subscriber without buying the game, all he has to do is buy a subscription using a GTC or credit card. Also, after doing either of these (from my understanding) if he decides to unsub, he will be at preferred status instead of free.
Dark Eclipse
GAF