Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proposition 505 - Lessen the Restrictions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Proposition 505 - Lessen the Restrictions

Royox
11.16.2012 , 06:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nathan_Lexington View Post
I would like everyone to post their agreement that Bioware should lessen their iron-hard grip on the game's core systems and reserve the micro transactions to things more meaningful, and not to every single solitary thing they can limit us on. As said in another post, this is not a free to play, this is simply an extended demo or trial period. I have only seen one other game that is worse with micro transactions than this game, which is MechWarrior by the way (you literally cannot do anything, not even level up without paying with cash except use the trail mechs, and yet they call it a F2P). Micro transactions were meant for the extras of a game, not the very fundamentals of it's functionality.

So please make you post and let Bioware now their grip is way too tight. Please restrict yourself to one post so Bioware knows how many people are in agreement or disagreement to this.

I can handle a pay to win, but not a pay to play disguised as a F2P.

Score since last check:
Too Tight:3 Just Right:3

NO.

You can play 1 character full Story. What more do you want for FREE?? Infinite Warzones and All Operations?

NO.

TheNahash
11.16.2012 , 06:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NerdyIO View Post
I bought a game already. So did many people here.
And both you and all these people, PLAYED the game.
You didn't buy it just for the box, you played. And then you left (stopped paying). Now you have a chance to come back and play again for free in a limited way.
Where's the problem? I don't get it.

Master-Nala
11.16.2012 , 06:19 PM | #13
Disagree. Buy the things you miss or sub.

Methenu
11.16.2012 , 06:23 PM | #14
The more you tighten your grip, BioWare, the more subscribers will slip through your fingers.

Yeah, I went there.

Sorcerer Powertech Marauder Operative Guardian Sage Commando Gunslinger

jorill
11.16.2012 , 06:24 PM | #15
Basically i have two feeling on this. I would at least make the full user interface available to all players. This is excessive to me. Also I believe if you were a previous subscriber and are ftp you should have access to wearing purples, full ui, that type of stuff but going forward starting with section x you have to pay for.

Smashbrother
11.16.2012 , 06:25 PM | #16
The restrictions that people are complaining most about (only 2 bars, no purples) are things that don't affect you while leveling. And this game is only providing the leveling experience for free. If you want to do stuff past leveling, then pay for it.

Anyone who says they need more than two bars while leveling is an idiot.

errant_knight
11.16.2012 , 06:25 PM | #17
F2P is more than just fair--it's generous.

Andryah
11.16.2012 , 06:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nathan_Lexington View Post
So please make you post and let Bioware now their grip is way too tight. Please restrict yourself to one post so Bioware knows how many people are in agreement or disagreement to this.

I can handle a pay to win, but not a pay to play disguised as a F2P.
They are fine as is.

F2P IS NOT FREE in any MMO. Please stop exaggerating.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

NerdyIO
11.16.2012 , 06:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
And both you and all these people, PLAYED the game.
You didn't buy it just for the box, you played. And then you left (stopped paying). Now you have a chance to come back and play again for free in a limited way.
Where's the problem? I don't get it.
What problem? I just don't like how they did this and I voice my opinion. Where's your problem?
Talk fast, life's short

Reoni
11.16.2012 , 06:29 PM | #20
They lost mass money on this game. They need to make some serious cash asap. That is why it is so restrictive.

I enjoy the game for certain things, but they dropped the ball overall. It's an good game, that could have been so much more.

Not trying to bash the game, but it could have been done/managed better that's all.