Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Sicari_Jonathan's Avatar


Sicari_Jonathan
11.16.2012 , 02:39 PM | #821
As someone who primarily queues up solo unless my friend who got me into the game is on, can I just say I find Doomsdaycomes posts to be reasonable and correct?

Unfortunately, as often in life, it seems that being right is not enough, people want to get something for nothing (why should I work for it, I deserve it, give it to me for free. That guy over there didn't really work for it, it was handed to him by his friends).

I never thought I'd post this in an internet forum as it goes against my idea of basic politeness but my God! QQ more please.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
11.16.2012 , 02:58 PM | #822
I think you're (all/mostly) still conflating "grouping" vs. "elite groups." anybody can and do group. that doesn't turn a WZ into a rofl stompfest. now, when the 4 best players are in a group...well...then things get messy. as a general rule, the best players group up with the best players. then they trounce everyone they face.

I'm not saying police this. but I do think that's the *real* issue here. at some point you just have to police yourselves. and with the current state of dead rated Qs, I say screw it. make two even teams and have at it in rated.

yes, solo only and 1-4 queues would also address the issue (or at least make the stacking a random occurrence), I I wouldn't care if such a thing existed. in fact, I don't see how/why anyone would care unless s/he has serious self image/inferiority issues. solos could still queue for the 1-4. grps couldn't for the solo only.

...but that isn't going to happen. and if it does, I'm confident it would be glitched for -12 months. L2P isn't an option. if you were better you'd be better. not everyone is elite. that's why it's called "elite" and not "ordinary." if you want balanced teams, go "exploit" rated. it's one hell of an ironic twist.
Kracks and other assorted stuff on Jedi Covanent
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
11.16.2012 , 03:39 PM | #823
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Essentially, Any one can play.
The same goes for seperate queues. Nobody says premades can't play ... other premades.

And I am not gonna relist several reasons for not wanting to group up. You cn either accept that some people pug or not. Makes no difference to me.

Anyways the result will be the same: No seperation -> puggers will likely quit PVP.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.16.2012 , 03:50 PM | #824
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
The same goes for seperate queues. Nobody says premades can't play ... other premades.

And I am not gonna relist several reasons for not wanting to group up. You cn either accept that some people pug or not. Makes no difference to me.

Anyways the result will be the same: No seperation -> puggers will likely quit PVP.
Let's seperate blacks and whites. No one says Blacks -can't- play... with other blacks.

Please read the above statement in the most ignorant accent you can do.

(Also, you won't relist them because... there aren't any good reasons to be a 24/7 PuG.)

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.16.2012 , 03:57 PM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
The same goes for seperate queues. Nobody says premades can't play ... other premades.

And I am not gonna relist several reasons for not wanting to group up. You cn either accept that some people pug or not. Makes no difference to me.

Anyways the result will be the same: No seperation -> puggers will likely quit PVP.
Let's be honest here, this isn't that other game. We don't have millions of people playing. If everyone had their way, no warzone would ever pop. This is what your options would look like:

Solo Recruit Queue
1-4 Group Recruit Queue
Ranked Recruit Queue
Solo Battlemaster Queue
1-4 Group Battlemaster Queue
Ranked Battlemaster Queue
Solo Augmented Battlemaster Queue

etc, etc, etc. We don't have the people to support spreading out the queues to meet everyone's needs. I'm not saying you are calling for all of these, but people are calling for each setup and if we meet your desire for solo queue, why shouldn't we break it out by gear for those people as well? Or start offering warzone queuing by map?

People PUG for many reasons, none of which is that they don't have the OPTION to queue as a group. I think you need to accept that some people PUG and some group. Ultimately your desire to not face groups in warzones is trumped by everyone's desire to have queues pop at a reasonable level. If things change with population due to F2P then perhaps this may be a viable option.
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
11.16.2012 , 05:16 PM | #826
manag dude the 4 in the premade don't count since you said you are as likely to end up on a premade side than not. No, if you are a pug you are less likely to end up on the premade team than on the pug team in the example I gave.

More importantly though, people against the current system please stop saying split the q's. We need a matchmaking system that includes different faction teams when necessary. This will make premades fight eachother much more often (without much longer q's) and make puggers happy as well. It will also make premaders that want good matches happy since they will get them more than 10% of the time lol.

If you say split q's you are hurting your chance of anything being done since we don't have the numbers to support that without cross server and swtor apparently has problems getting that to work.

The only way to make the devs have some slight chance of listening is if many of us can agree on something and I think matchmaking is it. With matchmaking everyone is happier except for premades that only want to pugstomp.

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.16.2012 , 05:56 PM | #827
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
The only way to make the devs have some slight chance of listening is if many of us can agree on something and I think matchmaking is it. With matchmaking everyone is happier except for premades that only want to pugstomp.
Which will never happen because people on the forums are only a small portion of the total amount of players. Because of that you see a split between PUGes and groupers that is close to even because a lot more of the "elites" get on the forums then the "ordinary" player. If BW wanted a good % of what people want they could just patch in a vote when you log in asking a question like "Should we make 3 que's for PVP? One for solo/2, 1 for larger groups and 1 for ranked." With a 1 vote per account a yes or no bubble. I am willing to put money that the results would differ from the 50/50 we see on here and would be in favor PUGers, who want a better match making system then playing premades all the time.

BTW the best reason to not be in a Premade.... BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT AND I CAN PLAY HOW I WANT TO PLAY AS I AM PAYING MY MONEY NOT YOURS TO ENJOY A GAME. IF IT WAS YOUR MONEY ALLOWING ME TO PLAY THEN YOU CAN TELL HOW TO PLAY ALL TOU WANT BUT IT'S NOT.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.16.2012 , 06:09 PM | #828
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT AND I CAN PLAY HOW I WANT TO PLAY AS I AM PAYING MY MONEY NOT YOURS TO ENJOY A GAME. IF IT WAS YOUR MONEY ALLOWING ME TO PLAY THEN YOU CAN TELL HOW TO PLAY ALL TOU WANT BUT IT'S NOT.
I LIKE TO WEAR STRENGTH STATS ON MY TROOPER CAUSE I THINK THEY LOOK NICE AND HAVING 1000 STRENGTH AND ONLY 500 AIM JUST MAKES SENSE TO ME. I KEEP GETTING MY *** KICKED THOUGH, WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A BRACKET FOR STRENGHT WEARING COMMANDOS? DON'T TELL ME I'M PLAYING THE TROOPER WRONG, I PAY THE SAME AS YOU ******ES!

Oh look, I have cap lock too.

I'm not telling you how to play, I'm telling you how to win.

Sicari_Jonathan's Avatar


Sicari_Jonathan
11.16.2012 , 07:17 PM | #829
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I'm not telling you how to play, I'm telling you how to win.
+1

Seriously, this isn't rocket science. Organized Disciplined groups beat disorganized undisciplined groups, that's been a fact of warfare since oh, the Romans at least (Macedonians before that?).

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.16.2012 , 07:38 PM | #830
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I LIKE TO WEAR STRENGTH STATS ON MY TROOPER CAUSE I THINK THEY LOOK NICE AND HAVING 1000 STRENGTH AND ONLY 500 AIM JUST MAKES SENSE TO ME. I KEEP GETTING MY *** KICKED THOUGH, WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A BRACKET FOR STRENGHT WEARING COMMANDOS? DON'T TELL ME I'M PLAYING THE TROOPER WRONG, I PAY THE SAME AS YOU ******ES!

Oh look, I have cap lock too.

I'm not telling you how to play, I'm telling you how to win.
It's still the same thing just in a gray area. Play this way (they way I play) or get owned repeatedly until you just give up and quit (which would help no one.) which is the same as "group like me, and play like me" just worded more polietly. The CAPs was for the reading impaired, my reason for not grouping is just as vaild as anyone else's reason for grouping. Too say "your reasons for playing your way aren't as good as my reasons that you should play like me" shows just how narrow minded a person is.

As usual you bring a char and thier gear into it which doesn't suprise me. Your suggesting that because somone wants to have an even match it must because they don't know how to play? Far from it, it's an undeniable fact that premades tip the scale in PVP. Take a PVP match lets say one is a full PUG one is a man premade. one has 5 Mercs (has happened to me several times) and the premade team has 2 healers and a tank and then whatever else. Who is going to win? Mercs get *****, and with that lack of DPS they will not be able to do much of anything. So yeah sorry for people wanting a fair fight. Their is no perfect solution to solve this. Either ques get a little longer for more even fights or the ques get longer because people enjoy noobstomping and people just stop playing PVP. So take your pick even fights and waiting a little longer or continue with how it is until the que is out of control long and the premades have to do exactly what has been suggested over and over in order to have a decent que time... play each other.