Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mysterious, blue-skinned Chiss too recognizable to work covertly as Agents?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Mysterious, blue-skinned Chiss too recognizable to work covertly as Agents?

crazylegoman
11.14.2012 , 08:52 PM | #21
Chiss are too recognizable?

Really, I mean, how can they recognize you if they're all dead?

Lurtzello
11.14.2012 , 10:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by crazylegoman View Post
Is that a Chiss with sunglasses?
Quote: Originally Posted by Temperentia View Post
For instance, notable Jedi often live well beyond their lifespans in holocrons, records, legend etc. so what about the chiss Jedi people play?
The fact that we can play as Chiss Jedi doesn't mean that there were actually canon Chiss Jedi in that period (saying that players can be Chiss is like saying that a Chiss has killed the Jedi class enemies; in other words that the canon Hero of Tython could be Chiss, which is highly unlikely in my opinion).
Anyway, I don't see a problem with some Jedi being Chiss (non-notable and not in great numbers): because of the war, many Jedi were to die prematurely and the updating of the archives probably wasn't the most important matter (except for the case of Master Gnost Dural's records, which information was direcly related to the War and to the Empire), especially since the archives themselves were probably disrupted, if not destroyed completely, with the Sacking of Coruscant.
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

Laris_Rai
11.16.2012 , 03:34 AM | #23
If they were able to have Nagai Jedi in the Old Republic (and it's canon there was at least one) I'm fine with Chiss Jedi. No government controls *everyone* associated with it. There's always going to be people who go far afield and set up shop there. And I say that as an American who's lived in Japan and Korea.

Plus, as people have said, Chiss are pretty similar to Pantorans and Wroonians. So I doubt most people would pay them much attention.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

chuixupu
11.16.2012 , 02:41 PM | #24
Yeah dude, Chiss just need to wear sunglasses and a hat and they're like, every other blue alien in Star Wars.

Like that one guy on Balmorra said in the IA storyline, "Nobody suspects an alien."
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

lokdron
11.16.2012 , 05:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Yeah dude, Chiss just need to wear sunglasses and a hat and they're like, every other blue alien in Star Wars.

Like that one guy on Balmorra said in the IA storyline, "Nobody suspects an alien."

Exactly its the reason why my IA's are always aliens my current one is a red female twi'lek.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

MishraArtificer
11.17.2012 , 12:02 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Exactly its the reason why my IA's are always aliens my current one is a red female twi'lek.
That's funny, mine's a Cyborg...which made a certain plot point with Watcher X on Nar Shaddaa particularly creepy...
Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

chuixupu
11.17.2012 , 12:33 PM | #27
Must be unique to cyborgs, as I certainly do not have any cybernetic implants to be added to. I don't remember the exact dialogue though.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Meriki
11.17.2012 , 02:29 PM | #28
The first step to anonymity is to make sure you do not have your player spy title on.
DDMsRealm.com ~ Star Wars TOR Guides, videos, news, and information about Star Wars: The Old Republic.