Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alas, Darth Gravus

Slowpokeking
11.13.2012 , 06:56 PM | #1
I guess we all agree in Taris storyline he's a cunning and cruel Sith Lord, knew to use his immature apprentice well and let her work with the player to complete missions, successfully vanquished the Republic in Taris.

However, in the new novel Annihilation,
Spoiler

lokdron
11.13.2012 , 07:25 PM | #2
Well remember someone else may have written gravus for taris and drew wrote the book. So yeah... there will be some differences.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Slowpokeking
11.13.2012 , 07:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Well remember someone else may have written gravus for taris and drew wrote the book. So yeah... there will be some differences.
He should at least watch the video on youtube to understand the character.

lokdron
11.13.2012 , 07:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He should at least watch the video on youtube to understand the character.
Well after what happend with the exile in the revan novel I kinda expected something like this to happen with one of the characters from the game.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Ausstig
11.16.2012 , 05:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Well after what happend with the exile in the revan novel I kinda expected something like this to happen with one of the characters from the game.
What happened with the Exile? s/he had no character in the game and her only real purpose in the new game is to remind everyone of the less good sequel. You like KOTOR2 fine, but it didn't get a sequel.
Have Force lightning will travel

Aurbere
11.16.2012 , 05:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
What happened with the Exile? s/he had no character in the game and her only real purpose in the new game is to remind everyone of the less good sequel. You like KOTOR2 fine, but it didn't get a sequel.
What you seem to forget is that Meetra Surik had canon abilities and skills that Drew threw out the window and turned her into a sidekick. A Robin to his Batman. Except he made the Robin into someone who can't do anything for herself and made tried to make the Batman the be all end all of Star Wars.

Side-note: The REAL Batman would kick Revan's behind
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Jandi
11.17.2012 , 06:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
What you seem to forget is that Meetra Surik had canon abilities and skills that Drew threw out the window and turned her into a sidekick. A Robin to his Batman. Except he made the Robin into someone who can't do anything for herself and made tried to make the Batman the be all end all of Star Wars.

Side-note: The REAL Batman would kick Revan's behind
It's not about abilities, it's that she was made out to be a useless, whiny Revan worshiper without a hint of a spine or brains.

She destroyed an entire planet with her own forces on it and stared down Sith lords with ridiculous powers. Oh, right, and trained the first of the new Jedi. The entire Jedi order in this game is a direct result of HER actions.

I wonder how many would be thrilled if Revan was made out to be a dimwitted peasant with a southern accent that tripped over his own boots on his way to the stable he worked in. Yeah, I'm sure that would be great.

I cannot stand the EU for this reason. It's a pissing contest with authors ignoring continuity and storytelling that makes sense for the sake of making their characters awesome.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Rayla_Felana
11.17.2012 , 06:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
The Exile was taken from the founder of the new Orthodox Jedi Order and saviour of everything in the galaxy with power enough to vanquish the entire Sith Triumvirate single-handedly into a padawan who can barely take Imperial Guards and has nothing on Revan's level, it's pathetic "My character is better than your's" writing, it dragged that entire book into the dirt for me.

She did have a character in the game, a great character that was canonised and expanded upon by passages in other works, that was thrown out of the window itself.

And it doesn't matter which work you like more, that NEVER matters, all that has ever mattered is continuity and Drew managed to royally trash that by contradicting half the things in the second game and basically making out like the Sith Triumvirate were no real threat and the Republic and Jedi were fine and dandy.

An example would be Kreia stating that almost none of the Jedi were still left and that the Temple on Coruscant is empty, fastforward to the novel, she goes to the Temple and it's just as populated as it ever was, 'Barely one hundred Jedi remained after the Jedi Civil War...' there were probably more than that in the Jedi Temple alone.

Slowpokeking
11.17.2012 , 06:35 PM | #9
Well I just think we should have a better author to handle TOR novels, there are many good SW novels, why does it always have to be DK to write the TOR ones?

Palar
11.17.2012 , 06:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Well I just think we should have a better author to handle TOR novels, there are many good SW novels, why does it always have to be DK to write the TOR ones?
Lock in one writer to a cheap, lengthy contract, and let them go to town. Like how every Warcraft book had to be Knaak gushing about his pet character.