Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Reverse Engineering broken in 1.5?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Is Reverse Engineering broken in 1.5?

moonmonster
11.16.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1
I just RE'd 15 or so items, and not one discovery. Am I just having a very bad run of luck, or is it broken?

GymQuirk
11.16.2012 , 05:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by moonmonster View Post
I just RE'd 15 or so items, and not one discovery. Am I just having a very bad run of luck, or is it broken?
RNG is overworked doing Cartel Packs and is paying less attention to RE attempts right now.

But seriously, it's probably just a bad run of luck.
As if I have anything worth putting in a signature...

Henu
11.16.2012 , 05:59 PM | #3
even before 1.5 i had some bad luck on a 20% chance, i did 37 RE's before a hit, all it is, is bad luck.
Kripty / Snips

Skodan
11.16.2012 , 06:05 PM | #4
it aint broke, just bad luck
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

GnatB
11.16.2012 , 06:17 PM | #5
Hard to say without knowing what you are attempting to RE.

IIRC for a 10% success item, the odds of then next attempt being the first in 22 failures is almost exactly the same as the odds of the next attempt being a success. (9.85% vs 10%)

So a string of 15 failures wouldn't even be considered unlucky. Only 15 failures before success would probably be on the lucky side.

That being said, if it's a 20% success item, then the odds of gettng 15 failures in a row would only be 3.5%

So a bit on the unlucky side, but not terribly so. Considering how many items you (and everybody else) is going to be RE'ing, it's going to go on a 15 failure streak a WHOLE lot of time.

Henu
11.16.2012 , 07:04 PM | #6
what some people think is the 20% chance means if they craft 5 items that they will get that crit they are after. Its always 20% or 10% each time you RE.
Kripty / Snips

moonmonster
11.16.2012 , 07:58 PM | #7
Yeah, figured it was luck, but it's been broken before so I thought I'd check before I blew another stack of equipment. Should've known that the RNG hated me from my stack of Ubrikki Speeders from the cartel store. I will be starting a used-speeder lot on Tatooine of my very own soon.

Heezdedjim
11.17.2012 , 03:47 AM | #8
Come back and ask this question again when you've done 1,500 greens without a single blue pattern.

Alec_Fortescue
11.17.2012 , 11:27 AM | #9
it's working, got few schematics since yesterday.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Blackomens
11.18.2012 , 07:11 PM | #10
It is broken yes, but not for that reason, those recipes disappear after relog.