Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ego


-Dark-'s Avatar


-Dark-
11.08.2012 , 01:41 PM | #1
I'm very sure I'm about to get yelled at, but I'm just too darn curious at the moment. In regards to PvP (because I don't really like PvE), what's with all the ego out there? I swear I've been hearing more and more people with huge egos lately. No, I'm not going to point out anyone, but it just gets rather annoying when "Everyone on the opposing team sucks!" yet we still lose a match with people who claim to be "pro" on our team. This idea then leads to players starting controversy with each other. Now I'm not saying that a little rivalry is bad, but I've seen people getting seriously mad at others.

Another major problem I've noticed, that is somewhat increasing, is bashing newer 50's that pvp. I'll admit, I've done it myself at times, but I've seen some people get super pissed off at some people. If possible, can we try to cut this out and replace it with constructive criticism that could possibly help newer 50's get better at pvp, specifically with team mechanics.

If this is offensive to anyone... well, it's the truth. I'm not trying to be mean or pick anyone out, but I'd really like to see a decline in ego.
Status KIA: Siricius Kaust formerly Huxley Stormwind of Lord Ieldis

Ahl-Vinn's Avatar


Ahl-Vinn
11.08.2012 , 03:48 PM | #2

Dude, people get steamed about the way teammates perform in PvP. Yours truly considers himself mild-mannered, yet every here and there, I find myself yelling loud enough for the neighbors to hear about something someone is or is not doing in Huttball.

It's just human nature, I'd have to suppose. 'Ego' may be the wrong word you're looking for, though. That'd be more a case of someone bragging about winning, putting it in your face.

I despise Grim Determination because they are so good - but at least they don't go around shoving people's noses in losses.... Though this may be because they don't all speak english Not sure on that one, but *wow* are they good.

-Ahlvis


Ahlvis, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR
Ahl-Vinn, formerly of Servers Bria and Starsider, SWG
Long live <THE JEDl ORDER>, 2004 - Present
Long live the former Server Vrook Lamar!

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
11.08.2012 , 06:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by -Dark- View Post
I'm very sure I'm about to get yelled at, but I'm just too darn curious at the moment. In regards to PvP (because I don't really like PvE), what's with all the ego out there? I swear I've been hearing more and more people with huge egos lately. No, I'm not going to point out anyone, but it just gets rather annoying when "Everyone on the opposing team sucks!" yet we still lose a match with people who claim to be "pro" on our team. This idea then leads to players starting controversy with each other. Now I'm not saying that a little rivalry is bad, but I've seen people getting seriously mad at others.

Another major problem I've noticed, that is somewhat increasing, is bashing newer 50's that pvp. I'll admit, I've done it myself at times, but I've seen some people get super pissed off at some people. If possible, can we try to cut this out and replace it with constructive criticism that could possibly help newer 50's get better at pvp, specifically with team mechanics.

If this is offensive to anyone... well, it's the truth. I'm not trying to be mean or pick anyone out, but I'd really like to see a decline in ego.
Get used to it. The majority of PvPers are like that. PvP is just that competitive. Even pro athletes call each other names across the field/ice/whatever(not equating PvP to being like a professional sport, it isn't, just pointing out, it happens in most competitive circles).

Here, you see more of it, because most PvPers are youngsters, teens, and they call people names at school all the time, why wouldn't they do it in PvP?

People who get super pissed at others for not being able to play at their "level" (I use this term loosely), need to be ignored. Seriously, that's what /ignore is for. If you don't want to hear them, you don't have to. Its a great idea, and beats ranting on the forums about it.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Arocsimus's Avatar


Arocsimus
11.11.2012 , 08:20 AM | #4
Best approach is to just drown it all out. Every last bit. Do not pay attention to /say nor partake in /say.
And all shall be well.

Pay attention to constructive comments in ops chat and pay no mind to the rest.
Aroca Sixx

PvP Videos

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
11.16.2012 , 02:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Dark- View Post
I'm very sure I'm about to get yelled at, but I'm just too darn curious at the moment. In regards to PvP (because I don't really like PvE), what's with all the ego out there? I swear I've been hearing more and more people with huge egos lately. No, I'm not going to point out anyone, but it just gets rather annoying when "Everyone on the opposing team sucks!" yet we still lose a match with people who claim to be "pro" on our team. This idea then leads to players starting controversy with each other. Now I'm not saying that a little rivalry is bad, but I've seen people getting seriously mad at others.

Another major problem I've noticed, that is somewhat increasing, is bashing newer 50's that pvp. I'll admit, I've done it myself at times, but I've seen some people get super pissed off at some people. If possible, can we try to cut this out and replace it with constructive criticism that could possibly help newer 50's get better at pvp, specifically with team mechanics.

If this is offensive to anyone... well, it's the truth. I'm not trying to be mean or pick anyone out, but I'd really like to see a decline in ego.
There are unfortunatly people who measure their own self worth, irl, by their performance in a computer game. For those people PvP is serious bizz...

Me, I just like to hear the sounds of pain when a crit lands

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
11.24.2012 , 05:23 PM | #6
Why would anyone have a big Ego about PvP on a PvE RP server?

Seriously if your into PvP you shouldn't even be on this server, you should be on a PvP server where you have a real test of one's skills... PvP'ing against casual PvP'ers is nothing to brag about.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
11.24.2012 , 05:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Why would anyone have a big Ego about PvP on a PvE RP server?

Seriously if your into PvP you shouldn't even be on this server, you should be on a PvP server where you have a real test of one's skills... PvP'ing against casual PvP'ers is nothing to brag about.
Just because its a PVE server doesn't mean people don't pvp hardcore. That's the biggest misconception made by server elitists. I'm quite sure many of the pvpers on begeren can easily take on the so called pro pvp servers. Don't be ridiculous. Many hardcore pvpers came here, and are still coming, because of the lack of maturity on pvp servers.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
11.24.2012 , 10:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Just because its a PVE server doesn't mean people don't pvp hardcore. That's the biggest misconception made by server elitists. I'm quite sure many of the pvpers on begeren can easily take on the so called pro pvp servers. Don't be ridiculous. Many hardcore pvpers came here, and are still coming, because of the lack of maturity on pvp servers.
ya right, hardcore pvp'ers come here because they can't hack it on pvp servers.... The ONLY reason they come here is because they know they can slaughter the casual pvp'ers... Sorry but any PvP only guild that is on this server is a Joke, you want to be taken seriously then pvp on a PvP Server... You can come up with all the excuses you want but the PvP guilds on a PvE RP server are nothing but a joke... Nobody has any respect for them on this server....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
11.25.2012 , 03:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
ya right, hardcore pvp'ers come here because they can't hack it on pvp servers.... The ONLY reason they come here is because they know they can slaughter the casual pvp'ers... Sorry but any PvP only guild that is on this server is a Joke, you want to be taken seriously then pvp on a PvP Server... You can come up with all the excuses you want but the PvP guilds on a PvE RP server are nothing but a joke... Nobody has any respect for them on this server....
Ah hubris. We will see if you're still saying that when cross server comes.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

NastyButler's Avatar


NastyButler
11.27.2012 , 11:25 AM | #10
*looks around* People still PVP on this server?