Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly PvP pass price too high IMO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Weekly PvP pass price too high IMO

UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 01:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
Does the pvp pass work account wide or just on the one toon? if it is across all, it seems reasonably priced. people who only want to pvp will get their unlimited pvp time and still save ~$5s a month. (personally, i will be doing this on busy months)

however, if this is on a per toon basis, price needs to be dropped.
I would assume it applies to the account... if it is per toon... that's just ridiculous.

RazielHex
11.16.2012 , 01:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I would assume it applies to the account... if it is per toon... that's just ridiculous.
Yeah, but an "account" is 2 characters for F2P

Technohic
11.16.2012 , 01:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Yeah, but an "account" is 2 characters for F2P
You mean to tell me, that you get more for your money if you subscribe?!?

RazielHex
11.16.2012 , 01:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Hells yeah, plus extra cartel coins for FREE. They literally give you $5 in cartel coins EVERY MONTH.

So it's like $10 a month to really subscribe. If you put in a 6-monther, it's now $7 a month, and you're given $30 worth of cartel coins.

That's cheaper than paying $9 every month for just PvP on your two characters who can't do anything else post class-missions.

Technohic
11.16.2012 , 01:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Hells yeah, plus extra cartel coins for FREE. They literally give you $5 in cartel coins EVERY MONTH.

So it's like $10 a month to really subscribe. If you put in a 6-monther, it's now $7 a month.
*mindblown*

Woah. And people be telling me how they just don't want to spend the money for a subscription just to PvP like it's not even worth it.

pqgarvis
11.16.2012 , 02:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksaweri View Post
If it only cost, say, $5 per month to PvP on a f2p account (even if I had to pay extra to unlock the needed action bars, gear etc) I might have actually come back, as PvP is what I only did when I subbed months ago.

I do realise the more coins you buy the better the deal but I'm not dropping a big wad of cash all at once on a game I've already paid for in the past.

As it stands I'm out, I'll see if the prices change in a few months time.
Dear Business,

Previously I was paying for a service, and for (Insert reason here) I decided to stop using your service.

I would now like to start using your service again at the same capacity I did when using your service prior at half the price as everyone else, since you aren't allowing me to do so, I will continue NOT using said service. I will check back in a couple months in case my idea on what you should charge ME is met.

Signed,
Guy who doesn't understand nor will ever run a business

Ksaweri
11.16.2012 , 02:16 PM | #17
The point I was making was I'm not going to sub. There is way too much (ever increasing) competition out there for me to sub to this game again. I would be a casual SWTOR player if the price's were better.

I'm one example of an ex-player who will not be returning to the game, and as a few of you have said its cheaper with big purchases of subs/coins but in my OP I said this is exactly what I wont be doing...

Now, coming to the SWTOR forums and telling people what I think about this is bound to attract many naturally biased subscribers (which is fine) telling me to subscribe but my opinion still stands and if you want TOR to survive with a healthy player base I hope somebody out there will listen.

cycao
11.16.2012 , 02:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I know right?

DroidDreamer
11.16.2012 , 03:56 PM | #19
We'll see how it works out. A monthly PvP or PvE pass might be cool. Encouraging subscriptions is a great goal but hitting lots of price points is wise.

Just sayin' in general. Don't flame pls.

I'm happy with my subscription. Need to move it to the six month plan if I have not already. Best price point.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Smashbrother
11.16.2012 , 05:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksaweri View Post
The point I was making was I'm not going to sub. There is way too much (ever increasing) competition out there for me to sub to this game again. I would be a casual SWTOR player if the price's were better.

I'm one example of an ex-player who will not be returning to the game, and as a few of you have said its cheaper with big purchases of subs/coins but in my OP I said this is exactly what I wont be doing...

Now, coming to the SWTOR forums and telling people what I think about this is bound to attract many naturally biased subscribers (which is fine) telling me to subscribe but my opinion still stands and if you want TOR to survive with a healthy player base I hope somebody out there will listen.
It's $8 a month to just pvp using CCs, and even less if you choose to opt out for a week due to RL issues. It's not the $5 you wanted, but seriously it's a difference of $3 dollars.