Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P & Future content interview with developer Damion Schubert

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
F2P & Future content interview with developer Damion Schubert

Uluain
11.16.2012 , 01:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTrooperV View Post
Thanks for the interview write up, Duffy.

Nothing on SGRA's, no surprise there.
I was travelling and not online much at all when the call for questions went out, but looking at the page on dulfy.net it was acknowleged that some questions are off limits for devs to address due to strict non-disclosure policies in place on a corporate level, and SGRs very much seem to be in that category.

I don't think that means we shouldn't ask, and shouldn't express our perfectly understandable frustration that same-gender content cannot be discussed. I think we can and ought to, loudly and often, in hopes that somehow this actually will get escalated to those responsible so that they can see how their decision is hurting community relations, on the off chance that they might care.

THAT SAID, reading between many lines at what has been allowed to be mentioned and connecting several dots and considering the Enigma of the Missing Tweet, something Eric Musco says here is a very good sign for SGRs, and that is that the Makeb content patch has a separate, dedicated development team and it has not been delayed to bring us F2P in 1.5. We know there is one more big content patch planned for calendar year 2012, and Makeb is almost certainly it. Likewise, with the next big installment of story content expected with Makeb, we ought to be able to reasonably expect SGRs to be a part of that.

Needing to guess, infer and suppose because nothing has ever been said here by BioWare at all while other pending content has been discussed on these boards is not at all acceptable. I don't expect Dulfy to have the magic wand to fix that. I do think we now do have a little more to work with, however, so thanks.

Shoogli
11.16.2012 , 01:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
This, however they have said they would revist them over a year ago even before the games launch as one of their promises. There has not been one new item added to the store since launch.
There has been one : Taunta.
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

BadOrb
11.16.2012 , 01:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
The only answer I didn't like (thought it did not effect me) is the one about people with more than 12 characters on a server having to pay money for EAwares mistake.

It was worth the read but, once bitten and all that ... I am cautiously less pessimistic ( only a little ).

Thanks Dulfy!
Yeah I was annoyed that it was likely that I might have to pay for the 13-16th character slots just to make a cathar in the future. Then now it seems i will have to pay for the 4 characters even if I don't make my 16th char into a cathar. No way! You know 3 of those 4 are level 1 and I was going to start 2 of them properly to help f2p players , so now , not only will I have to pay a sub and help them but also extra money too. Lol , this just gets worse. Also giving me the option to move 8 of them for free to another server now would be a bit difficult as some of those 8 and 16 are group characters only not solo. Obviously if someone has over 16 on a server then yeah that's more than 16 advanced classes , but still they might make a new advanced class in the future too. Swings and roundabouts.

So Mr. Schubert I think you might want to re-evaluate this insane idea , especially when we where allowed to have 8 characters per server before the mergers and the fact there are 16 advanced classes.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.16.2012 , 01:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
We know there is one more big content patch planned for calendar year 2012, and Makeb is almost certainly it.
They never said calendar year 2012 as far as I'm aware. They said "coming this year" in June. This could be interpreted as anytime before June 2013. I wouldn't get your hopes up for Makeb before the end of 2012 because I don't see it happening. I think it will be more like mid February if they keep on their 6 week content cycle.

Urael
11.16.2012 , 01:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
They never said calendar year 2012 as far as I'm aware. They said "coming this year" in June. This could be interpreted as anytime before June 2013. I wouldn't get your hopes up for Makeb before the end of 2012 because I don't see it happening. I think it will be more like mid February if they keep on their 6 week content cycle.
Indeed. Or it could mean "coming this fiscal year" if they were talking to investors. Either way it will be spun to their advantage. I agree it won't be until sometime in 2013.

LordArtemis
11.16.2012 , 01:39 PM | #26
Very good questions. And I must say I am pleased with the answers....

...especially the armor color change answer

Great interview. Thanks again.

MarkoJinn
11.16.2012 , 01:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Not thrilled about this. Not that I have any interest in the Cathar race but that it would set the precedence that subscribers have to pay for minor new content items. I'm fine buying an expansion that has a host of new options, but I don't want to be nickle & dimed into buying minor new content as a subscriber. I hope this isn't decided and they rethink this.
Yeah this is absurd!!! What's to stop them from providing all content via store now??? New class --> store... New race --> Store... New gear ---> store.

Basically this is a scheme to get more money even from subscribers. Say what you want but this is NOT OK!!!
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

smexymage
11.16.2012 , 01:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Excellent interview Dulfy!

I know some are going to probably get worked up about some of the answers.... but from my perspective this is one of the best sets of interview questions I have seen and frankly I think he was as forthright and honest as disclosure limits permited.

As always.... Thanks for all that you do for the community!
Perfectly put. Probably the best Q&A I have read from BW and was happy with the responses, there wasn't as much avoiding as there usually is. Felt like BW was more open and honest this time.

Brilliant Dulfy, thank you for doing a superb interview.
. Never Forget

ripster
11.16.2012 , 02:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkoJinn View Post
Yeah this is absurd!!! What's to stop them from providing all content via store now??? New class --> store... New race --> Store... New gear ---> store.

Basically this is a scheme to get more money even from subscribers. Say what you want but this is NOT OK!!!
This is not new. MMOs have sold this kind of content in pieces like this but usually as part of an expansion. Some of the old ways were probably more due to the limits of technology at the time and the marketing. Shelf presence is not the sole way for MMOs to gain attention or sell. It is now just a different way of getting subscribers to pay additional money.

chuixupu
11.16.2012 , 02:06 PM | #30
I'm actually happy to hear about the AC change!

Also the possibility of the Rakghoul event returning...I still have DNA samples in my bank, lol.

the answer about the color dies question was curious.....not sure if he's just blowing smoke or if there really is something cool coming down the pipeline there.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant