Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P & Future content interview with developer Damion Schubert

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
F2P & Future content interview with developer Damion Schubert

MaximusRex
11.16.2012 , 11:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Thanks for the write up Dulfy! I'm not at all happy about this part though and I will explain why.

11. For subscribers with more than 12 characters due to the server consolidation, will they have to purchase character slots to unlock them once the character slot restrictions are put in place?

That is the current plan, yes. We donít think itís fair to everyone else who wasnít lucky enough to get this accidental side benefit from server merges. However, those additional characters arenít lost, and players will easily be able to unlock those characters. The timeline for this is TBD.

Now it wasn't an accidental side benefit at all. In fact I was forced to make my final characters up to the total of 16 advanced classes earlier than I wanted. So now even though I had 8 characters on each of my 2 servers and was forcibly merged and moved to one server , i will have to pay to unlock my 4 characters above the maximum of 12 ? Well that isn't going to go down well with me at all. I will kick up a fuss over that. We could have 50 characters for free. It's absolutely ridiculous that I will have to pay for the 4 characters that I am allowed to have for free one day then not the next. Anyone else have any thoughts on this ?

Cheers,

BAdOrb.
At every step of the way they have repeatedly screwed players over their server roll out and consolidation mistakes, I guess I'm not surprised that they will do it again, just glad it won't impact me this time.

Armageddon_X
11.16.2012 , 12:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
EDIT - Plus the fact they merged 6 RP east coast servers into 1 and no option for me to move 1 set of my 16 characters ( 8 ) to a different server. I might actually quit because of this stupid money grabbing scheme. There are 16 advanced classes BioWare and I was encouraged to make them by you. So quit with the side benefit malarky.
Cheers,

BAdOrb.
Vote with your dollars brother, vote with your dollars! At the current rate of strangling of returning/free players, there will probably be another round of server consolidations a year from now.

BadOrb
11.16.2012 , 12:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
At every step of the way they have repeatedly screwed players over their server roll out and consolidation mistakes, I guess I'm not surprised that they will do it again, just glad it won't impact me this time.
It's an insane situation , 8 characters per server made sense , so i was leaning to making 8 per server on 2 servers for my 16 advanced classes. Where on earth did they get this 12 character slots from ? Out of thin air by the looks of it and I'm not going to stand for them charging me for getting rid of my 2 servers. What they could do is put a cap on the overall amount of characters but still that will annoy another set of people . 16 advanced classes BioWare and no I'm not going to pay you for 4 of those advanced classes on yer bike!

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.16.2012 , 12:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
6. During the livestream Q&A hosted before 1.4, it was mentioned that Cathar would be the first race available through Cartel Market. Will this be a Cartel Market exclusive or subscribers can unlock it via other means?

This will most likely be a Cartel Market exclusive. However, its price point will be reasonable, and subscribers wishing not to pay for it will have the option of storing up the Cartel Coins they earn for free through the Loyalty Program.
Not thrilled about this. Not that I have any interest in the Cathar race but that it would set the precedence that subscribers have to pay for minor new content items. I'm fine buying an expansion that has a host of new options, but I don't want to be nickle & dimed into buying minor new content as a subscriber. I hope this isn't decided and they rethink this.

CelCawdro
11.16.2012 , 12:37 PM | #15
Quite a few surprises in there - some I like, some not so much.

HarleysRule
11.16.2012 , 12:44 PM | #16
Thanks Dulfy, although I wish you would have asked about the supposed space combat upgrade....maybe next time?

Urael
11.16.2012 , 12:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Excellent interview Dulfy!

I know some are going to probably get worked up about some of the answers.... but from my perspective this is one of the best sets of interview questions I have seen and frankly I think he was as forthright and honest as disclosure limits permited.

As always.... Thanks for all that you do for the community!
The only answer I didn't like (thought it did not effect me) is the one about people with more than 12 characters on a server having to pay money for EAwares mistake.

It was worth the read but, once bitten and all that ... I am cautiously less pessimistic ( only a little ).

Thanks Dulfy!

dinnaya
11.16.2012 , 12:46 PM | #18
Hmm the advanced class change should be intresting..
Ragerth - 55 Marauder (Tomb of Freedon Nadd)

Orlesian
11.16.2012 , 12:53 PM | #19
That was nice to read. I am looking forward to the events, new and old ones~
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Lunafox
11.16.2012 , 12:54 PM | #20
Nice interview, thanks for doing it. Got some good insights from it. I wish that there would have been something said, if they'll do more Companion and Class stories though...*hopes*
My debut novel ETERNITY AWAITS available now!