Is this launched yet ? Cause it feel like it isn't...

kalibri

I agree with all of OPs points. The game has a good core but still has some serious issues. In this era of MMOs, Bioware doesnt have a lot of time to fix the game completely. If same problems persist after 3 months, server merges will be coming. We have experienced this many times with all major mmo launches except WoW of course :) Edited by Rendekar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kalibri You can take ANY game available on the market and find stuff you don't like about it. Give us the name of one game which for you, is better than SWTOR. I can already garantee you that many people here will disagree and find hundred of things wrong with it :-) Edited by YannALET

SWTOR is the best MMO on the market by far.

No it is not. It could be, but that's another story.

I guess we'll see in a month if things change. If they start collaborating with the community, if we see frequent posts about graphic and game-play issues, maybe this game has a chance. If they act like a 1 million pounds gorilla, in 1 year there will be only the true fanboys online, listening to the crickets. Oh wait, there are no crickets, and most animals are statues.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=36515

Edit the INI file.

Or something similar? Google 'SWTOR ini graphics'

Why do I have to do that ? Why isn't there a slider in game ?

To give you the AA argument, because it's buggy and they took it out. So yeah, I don't have to edit the .ini file.

PS: I already did the .ini tweaking, cause I can't live without AA, too many jaggies.

• 1 year later...
Don't worry I come from the future and Bioware will release these things called patches that fix these mistakes. Also tell my 2011 self to get full battle master stalker gear, and buy as many Korrealis speeders as possible.

Don't worry I come from the future and Bioware will release these things called patches that fix these mistakes. Also tell my 2011 self to get full battle master stalker gear, and buy as many Korrealis speeders as possible.

Congrats on bringing back a 1 year + thread. :rolleyes:

No, is it for you ? Because you know, this is 2011, not 2004, and most people expect games of a certain quality, and this isn't one of them.

Why are you here then?

I have played many AAA MMOs, almost all of them in fact, and this is by far the best. Sure it has its problems, but it is not any more buggy than WoW. It has the best graphics of every MMO except MAYBE Tera. The combat is fun and engaging, the story is brilliant, it has far better class balance than WoW.

Really the only thing other MMOs have over this game is that they have had longer to develop content and as such have more things to do...but with the stuff they are adding in 2.0, SWTOR is catching up fast.

Of course, this is an opinion post. If the game isn't fun for you, don't play it. If it is fun, then play it.

EDIT: I just noticed this was a necro thread...well played...

Edited by Icebergy

Cause it seems to be the same beta.

Where's my high res textures ?

Why is the grass growing 30m in front of me while on High settings ?

Why is my female smuggler running funny while having the blaster out ?

Why my tickets are Closed while unresolved ?

Beta ? Seems so. Early beta, even.

Poor job Bioware, very poor job. I don't care about server queues, non-existant customer support, but the game as a whole has an unfinished feel.

Fanboys, if you post telling me I'm crazy, you must be delusional yourselves, so just don't. No amount of love for Bioware (which I always admired) and Star Wars (which I will still love) can change the fact that this game was not ready for launch.

The presence of bugs and issues doesn't mean an application is still in the beta testing phase. Please take some software development classes and learn how Alphas, Betas, Release Candidates, and Gold versions work.

It will help maintain more credibility in your future postings.

This is one of the most polished games i've ever played. Did i say it just released? and its polished? most mmo's take like 5 years to solve a starting point quest bug...

Ok, Im sorry, but this just blows my mind. I have nothing bad to say about the game really. I have been playing since beta without break and have 7 capped classes. All that happy stuff aside tho I cant say "polished" has ever entered my mind when thinking about this game. I take it this poster hasnt played many games because to rank it as "one of the most polished" is just so off the mark.

Anyway flame on lol. Remember, I have no real complaints about the fact that it isnt polished, its simply a fact of one of the many games I enjoy playing

M

Thanks for joining me guys. To People of 2014, are there animal mounts yet, and how many million credits does it take to buy a republic banner?

ROFL. Omg, bringing back a thread from the day of launch 1+ yr down the road, then proceding to troll it, catch several players attention, and even show how many issues (though minor in my opinion) have still yet to be addressed all while showing that the game has survived and even done well with all of the said problems?

*Emperor voice*

It is a masterstroke.

I'd like to stamp my seal of approval on perhaps the best troll I have seen on these forums.

Just please, let us all make sure this thread dies again today, so that someone can bring it back a year from now to the amazment of all.

Edited by Lord_O_Death_Joe

• 4 weeks later...