Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Piloting 3 unlock bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Speeder Piloting 3 unlock bug

SumZed
11.16.2012 , 11:30 AM | #11
It is just a Legacy Unlock...

if it only unlocked to the character who buys it before, it will still only unlock for the character who buys it with CC...

Speeder unlock were ALWAYS character based, not account wide...

the ONLY account wide Legacy unlocks were the ones in the "Others" tab
*VERY worth it imo, I bought the Rocket boost, with the 2 shorter cooldowns, and in-ship mailbox, repair droid and GTN, open to ALL toons*

seekerofpower
11.16.2012 , 01:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SumZed View Post
It is just a Legacy Unlock...

if it only unlocked to the character who buys it before, it will still only unlock for the character who buys it with CC...

Speeder unlock were ALWAYS character based, not account wide...

the ONLY account wide Legacy unlocks were the ones in the "Others" tab
*VERY worth it imo, I bought the Rocket boost, with the 2 shorter cooldowns, and in-ship mailbox, repair droid and GTN, open to ALL toons*
The problem is, the item in the Cartel Market specifically says it works for all characters in your legacy when you buy it. It doesn't. So, they need to either make it work for all characters. like it says, or change what the item says and refund my money, as I bought all 3 on my 50 who already had speeder I and II, just so I could unlock them on my other characters.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

Snowbird
11.16.2012 , 07:57 PM | #13
Also, speeder piloting was reduced in price with the new patch (1 is now only 200 credits, lol) and rank 3 is only 175k credits. Paying 225cc is an appropriate price for account wide Piloting 3 unlock considering that's the same price as Rocket Boots which costs 1.5 million.

PLEASE FIX THIS BIOWARE.

Snowbird
11.16.2012 , 07:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by seekerofpower View Post
the problem is, the item in the cartel market specifically says it works for all characters in your legacy when you buy it. It doesn't. .
this^

Jerriko
11.17.2012 , 11:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by seekerofpower View Post
The problem is, the item in the Cartel Market specifically says it works for all characters in your legacy when you buy it. It doesn't. So, they need to either make it work for all characters. like it says, or change what the item says and refund my money, as I bought all 3 on my 50 who already had speeder I and II, just so I could unlock them on my other characters.
This is what happened to me, and I feel the same way.

seekerofpower
11.17.2012 , 01:29 PM | #16
I really would like an answer to this.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

Gendif
11.17.2012 , 01:45 PM | #17
The most i've gotten out of customer service is a suggestion that it might be a tooltip bug. Thing is though that when I bought them on my 39 marauder my 18 sage got speeder 1. None of my other characters got anything though. They either need to fix this or refund the coins to anyone who bought it.
Hey look, I have a key! Does this make me cool?

natashina
11.17.2012 , 02:42 PM | #18
Wait wait...WHAT?

I officially feel cheated now. I bet the Rank 2 speeder is the same way. Thanks to a buggy tool tip, I spent 225 Cartel Coins on a character that already had it. I had mem'd it on her since the tool tip said it was for all my characters.

Not fair and not cool BW. I try to defend you guys, but is beyond stupid. If it is a tool tip issue, I can live with it as long as I get my Coins back. Please, either fix the tool tip or have the Rank match the current tool tip (i.e account/legacy wide.)

Abradax
11.17.2012 , 02:56 PM | #19
Yeah, not exactly happy I spent the coins on a character I didn't really care about because the description said every character.

Jedi Seer

Though many walk the path of darkness, there is true power in the light.

natashina
11.17.2012 , 05:30 PM | #20
Requesting to have this thread moved to the bug report forum.