Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadowlands error 9000 disconnects

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Shadowlands error 9000 disconnects
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

magecutter
11.16.2012 , 05:01 AM | #1
Could someone please respond!!

started playing as soon as the F2P went live and have had no problem at all. section x, black hole, ship, courscant, all ran perfect.

but now (after the mini patch) on Taris, with only 15 to 20 people I keep getting kicked to player screen or to desk top w/an error 9000. also after many tries I now can't even get past the player screen.

have deleted the 'diskcachearena' run the launcher and game repair with no improvement, also, reset my internet connection/rebooted computer. I'm using the HK scanner to look for the part and when I can get planet side the connection status bars quickly go from 4 to 1 red to red X.

nothing has changed on my end and I know people have reported Taris can be a problem but I've never seen it like this in all the months I been playing (hence the CS request). any ideas what is going on?

thanks

magecutter
11.16.2012 , 05:14 AM | #2
just hoping this does not get buried , I'd submit an in game ticket but still can't log into the shadowlands server. thanks

magecutter
11.16.2012 , 05:35 AM | #3
am now getting error 1003 as well as error 9000. 1003 states that server is about to go into maintenance mode... is this what's happening??

magecutter
11.16.2012 , 06:12 AM | #4
it seems that using the HK scanner may cause the connection to drop for some reason, was able to connect to server for about 1 to 2 mins. still getting the 9000 error message. tried logging into harbinger and had no problem at all and a strong connection. shadowlands - Taris is still a huge problem.

will continue to post posts to my own posts so it is not buried by other issues and I receive some sort of response... at this point a "go to hell" would be better than nothing. and thank you for your time

magecutter
11.16.2012 , 07:08 AM | #5
sooo, used the fleet pass to get the hell off Taris, took my ship to Nar Shaadda and while in the slippery slopes cantina busy sending a ticket to CS about the ERROR 9000 DISCONNECTS... I (wait for it...) I yes you guessed it , got a error 9000 disconnect and lost the whole message to CS and now am completely unable to log on to the Shadowlands server. if this is a joke it's not a very good one.

was able to stay logged in about 4 mins top, stupidly tried to use the gtn on nar only to be kicked off again and again.

as an aside it seems if a poster to the CS forum acts like a complete *** they get a response, I choose not to but would really like to know *** is going on/all of a sudden/out of nowhere/I get these error 9000 disconnects. why now, why Taris, and why is it persisting to such a degree?

that said, thank you for your time

magecutter
11.16.2012 , 07:20 AM | #6
yes that's right I just bumped this post... please respond with at least some Idea of what the problem could be

Sacredly
11.16.2012 , 07:36 AM | #7
Shadowlands server needs to be rebooted or something. I am able to login to other servers and create characters; however, Shadowlands is the server that I have all my chars on.

Please fix Shadowlands!

magecutter
11.16.2012 , 08:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sacredly View Post
Shadowlands server needs to be rebooted or something. I am able to login to other servers and create characters; however, Shadowlands is the server that I have all my chars on.

Please fix Shadowlands!
I hear you, I can't seem to log on to shadowlands for more than 5 minutes if at all, even with lag at around 90 ms and 3 to 4 bars I keep getting kicked with an error 9000. what is the problem?

magecutter
11.16.2012 , 09:57 AM | #9
still with the disconnects... never in all the time I've been running the Black Hole have I had disconnect issues.....

Until Today

Oh sure I can log on to my char now but can only play about 5 minutes till the server decides to kick me back to the server screen and a message to contact customer service.

The problem is not on my end, What Is The Issue???

Tirvaak
11.16.2012 , 10:04 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi magecutter,

I'm sorry to hear about the disconnections you are having, in some case deleting the diskcachearena file can help with this problem. To do this go to the SWTOR installation folder and find a folder called "swtor". Here you will find the file I am referring to, delete this and login again, hopefully it will help with this problem.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support