Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rpeplins
11.15.2012 , 08:40 PM | #51
The Shadowlands

Bouhun

Once

Just finished last dialog choice of Black Talon, getting teleported back to Imperial Fleet

DXDiag
Spoiler

Your reliability report
Spoiler

Full CTD.

flamingunnz
11.15.2012 , 09:37 PM | #52
1. BASTION
2. Keyth, Jalex, Gater
3. Happens every time i play once every couple hours
4. Has happened in warzones a lot on the fleet basiacally anywhere and everywhere.
Spoiler

Spoiler

It does crash to desktop every time kinda kills my mood

Beynor
11.15.2012 , 10:19 PM | #53
Game crashes to desktop, no bluescreen just a random crash Games freezes then closes
runing windows 7 32 bit like the rest. IS THER A FREAKING FIX?????? has been happneing since the previous patch. I haven't seen a fix posted after all this time.

eldefail
11.15.2012 , 11:08 PM | #54
][*]Name of server. Ebon Hawk
[*]Name of character(s) affected. Ani'sha
[*]Frequency of crashing Consistently
[*]Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
I have run 4 esseles groups at level 10ish. Every single one falls apart midway through. I was able to solo my way through the 4th run. At the FINAL conversation (after disabling the tractor beam and all that crap) when the ship leaves the tractor beam and jumps to light speed the game crashes consistently, every single time. Cannot complete converstation, cannot complete a flashpoint I finished fair and square. I seriously doubt CS will credit me even though I solo'd the last part of this flashpoint at level 11 FAIR AND SQUARE and EARNED it, meaning I won't finish this stupid flashpoint any time soon since nobody on Ebon Hawk runs it or seems interested in COMPLETING it. Extremely unfair.

I'm not posting my dx diag since it is a problem on YOUR end. Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, geforce 550 ti 448 core, intel core i5 2300K, 10 gb ddr3 ram. ZERO performance issues prior to 1.5. No lag, no FPS stutter, no random crashing of any kind at all ever before today.

Spoiler

KostonxEld
11.16.2012 , 05:16 AM | #55
I am also still having this issue for months! I have posted my diag x in a post I made about this problem but I will repost it here later. This crash to desktop started only after 1.4 came out. Never had this before ever. Checked task manager and it does look like a memory leak because swtor.exe file keeps growing and growing till I crash.
Happens mostly when I'm switching between alt characters or loading a new planet and have been on for awhile. Also happens when i am loading my crafting screen or sorting my inventory. Almost always at the 2 hour mark.
Name: Koston
Server: Harbinger

Please fix this! It is impossible to play and be confident I won't crash during a HM, WZ, or OP.
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

KostonxEld
11.16.2012 , 05:19 AM | #56
Also this happens on all of my alts, Koston, Bongari, Arthar, Zavick, Krellous, Peutris. The character currently being played doesn't matter. This crash is consistently repeatable and easy to repeat, just stay logged on or switch between 3-4 characters and I'm GUARENTEED to crash! Please help!!!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Markoy
11.16.2012 , 08:03 AM | #57
1.Name of server: Red Eclipse
2.Name of character(s) affected: Manicia / Markoy
3.Frequency of crashing how many crashes, how often? Every day once or twice.
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: Every time after loading into a new area / planet.
5 & 6 N/A
7.Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select: It is indeed a crash to desktop. It starts with a freeze, sound continues, then crash to desktop.

MrMidas
11.16.2012 , 08:09 AM | #58
I have had this trouble pretty much since I first started playing. months now.

server: any I have tried. I mainly play on Dalborra (Oceanic)
character: all of them as far as i can tell
is it a crash: yes. brief freeze and sound loop before ending up back at desktop with no error message or any such information

Kyneris
11.16.2012 , 08:25 AM | #59
I was hoping for a solution (or at least alleviation) for this issue in 1.5 I haz a sad.
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

Naugor
11.16.2012 , 08:38 AM | #60 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings everyone,

This is still being investigated, please keep following the format provided in the first post, as this will assist us with the investigation.

Thank you!
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.