Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World Bosses and server firsts

jasohans
12.19.2011 , 11:51 AM | #21
Server first boss kills are one thing, and that one thing is at end game. The majority of the community really doesn't give two credits about a server first low level world spawn.

I've been on the hardcore raiding side of things and I can honestly appreciate the desire to get a server first kill, but come on, we all know that all of these guilds/people claiming server firsts on this low level content are simply starved for attention or wanting to have their epeen stroked a little. Mask the desire for recognition however you want; say its just something you think would be cool or fun, but it still comes down to the desire for attention or wanting to be recognized for something (anything) in this online world. People who want recognition for their server first "Hogger" kills are no better than the zerg guilds who really think their 90+ members somehow makes them the best guild on the server and proudly emphasize their large player base as a bonus in their constant recruitment messages.

Blueneko
12.19.2011 , 03:40 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Thradar View Post
World firsts in a video game.

LAWL

I'm still waiting for world first for the following:

Cure for the common cold
Cure for cancer
Cure for AIDS
etc

My guild had a nice jaunt to the Dromund Kaas World Boss last week. We could have been 1st, or 321st, but it was a great time and worthy of bragging rights even if it was done hundreds of times before us.

It just about accomplishment together. Michelangelo was not a fast painter.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

www.throughvictory.com
RP/PvE - US East - Shien

Yematul
12.19.2011 , 10:46 PM | #23
Im with the OP when he says that achievements would be cool. When people want to know about your skills and and experience (Raiding, Groups, etc) you can link them what you have done. This is not for gloating purposes or for any other reason other than information gathering. I am also with the dev's though when they decided to not post server wide messages and server first achievements and what not, because then you will just be skipping every conversation and storyline just to get to end game as fast as possible to get some server firsts. Assuming you have played the content already is fine, but if you have not then it is defeating the purpose of enjoying the game. I believe that WoW definitely ruined a lot of the sense of community that MMO's used to offer. Instead of getting to know each other as a server community, it has now been turned into what we have in the real world. i.e. everyone secluding themselves in their homes (guilds) and not going outside to meet new people or enjoy the company of others. It's all just become one big rat race that I came to MMO's to escape in the first place. Anyway, im rambling, enjoy your time with Star Wars or whatever MMO you decide to go with. Safe Travels.

arnoldlol
12.19.2011 , 11:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicze View Post
No one cares about server firsts. Deal with it.
Yes, people do care about server firsts. Trolling is an art, try to work on it more and maybe you'll be better at it.

Dhariq
12.20.2011 , 04:06 AM | #25
Yeah it would be really funny if they had server firsts when they stretched out the launch and had some people waiting in queues for 8 hours a day when they finally get an invite and get assigned to a full server.

Noraakci
12.20.2011 , 06:35 AM | #26
Achievements are for when the game gets boring and you need something to occupy your time with to keep you playing. Case in point WoW. I loved the achievement system because I'm a collector and I feel the need to do everything there is do with a video game. During the WotLK release I managed a server first and I said ha and moved on with my life. Bioware doesn't have server firsts because 1) the don't have a gimmicky achievement system (the closest thing they have is the codex which I love) 2) Every one starts at a different time and if people played the beta they will have a lot more knowledge of the game mechanics than others from the start 3) it's wasted coding, I can think of a lot of things I'd rather see before I saw this 4) Most importantly, Bioware does not want its players to rush through content that they spent lots of time and effort into just so some kid can brag about being the first to do something. This is not WoW and if raiding guilds can't handle that then raiding guilds can go back to WoW. I care about story and lore, not how much of a life I don't have. So if you want to gloat at being the first to punch some keys then go back to playing Kung-Fu Panda *coughs* I mean WoW, I'm sure they can use all the subscribers they can get right now.

Strauser
12.20.2011 , 06:48 AM | #27
The only intelligent response I've seen so far was from SithlordXanatos. Everybody else is using ridiculous and baseless arguments to combat something like this. If I got a server first Nightmare Mode Eternity Vault or whatever I'd hope that I would get recognition for it. Who says that I would use it to gloat. Its an achievement and its damn hard to get. Its also come to my attention that a lot of people don't want something like this because they don't want to put in the effort to get it, therefore don't want others to have something they don't. And if I were to gloat about it that is my personal business, Bioware can't stop a person from gloating or acting like an ***. The same exact people complained about the idea of a DPS meter. I would certainly use it because its my playstyle in mmo's.

Edit: And to the person above me, I get it you don't like WoW. People in raiding guilds do have lives, and may or may not care about lore and story. I personally enjoy the main quest I'm engaged in right now and I'm in a raiding guild so please, think before you say something.
Must be a Weasley.

Noraakci
12.20.2011 , 07:24 AM | #28
Mostly referring to people who skip through content just so they can get firsts. I have no problem with raiding guilds, I'm just saying Bioware more then likely doesn't want to see people racing through content just to get these achievements and then having lots of people complaining because it's become boring before they can shove out new content. I like what their doing because it's a slower pace than WoW ever was and I like that you can't go from lvl 10 to 50 purely from LFG which is another thing I hope they don't know. Well, not yet at least.

Hirogen
12.20.2011 , 07:24 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
I know Im not going to change your mind with this post but when the hell are you going to accept that raid guilds and individuals like this competition?
Never saw, Paragon, For the Horde or Blood Legion post on any of the Blizz forums that they where world First.... the only posted it on their website

"WE DID WORLD FIRST NOOBZ, L2PLAYZ, LOOSERZ" thing... is kinda the same as someone who posts in the first answer to a thread "First".

Its ok if people try to compete on a raid style level, also on a pvp level... but please don't post it all over the interwebz ... because most people don't really care.

Those people who care... will read your post on the website of your guild
Guild Leader of "Die Verdammten" @ The Restoration Zone
Member of "Die Verdammten" @ Kult der Verdammten
Movement kann man nicht sockeln! - Anonymer WoW-Spieler
Movement can't be modded/socketed - Anonymous WoW-Player

Strauser
12.20.2011 , 08:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Noraakci View Post
Mostly referring to people who skip through content just so they can get firsts. I have no problem with raiding guilds, I'm just saying Bioware more then likely doesn't want to see people racing through content just to get these achievements and then having lots of people complaining because it's become boring before they can shove out new content. I like what their doing because it's a slower pace than WoW ever was and I like that you can't go from lvl 10 to 50 purely from LFG which is another thing I hope they don't know. Well, not yet at least.
What business of yours is it if somebody skips through quests. You cant dictate how people play and neither can Bioware. I'm not ashamed to say that I skip through a few quests here and there but how does that affect how you play? And a LFG tool would be useful because its a tool. You dont have to use it but its there.
Must be a Weasley.