Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Another slight sentinel nerf...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another slight sentinel nerf...

Drazzen's Avatar


Drazzen
11.16.2012 , 03:50 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Its just ridiculous. Juyo lightsaber form - 7th form- is STRONGER according lore - compared with other lightsaber forms.

Now its a joke compared with Shii-cho, Ataru and ever probably Shien and Soresu/Shien hybrid for 1 vs 1 fight.
Unfortunately Lore is not taken into account as Darth Maul (Assassin in SWTOR) used Juyo and Obi-Wan (Guardian in Swtor) used Ataru. Both forms not available to those classes. (or we're not allowed to wield dbl bladed sabers as Knights and Obi-wan was a sentinel that only used one saber)

Loladarulz's Avatar


Loladarulz
11.16.2012 , 04:03 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Drazzen View Post
Let's not get derailed. And I'm hitting for about 6.5k with no Elite Warhero and no itemization on my focus Guardian.
8k hits aren't impossible.
I have on my Sentinel almost full Warhero (no Elite), not minmaxed, stil got a lot of +crit, also have 500 bonus dmg from power - which is decent. I crit between 5k-6k max, 5982 being highest so far. This can still be improved but not that much I think.

8k crits, maybe only on some poor no expertise player. The thing is that other Focus attacks are rather low dmg, so Focus sents are not "that" op except smash annoys people.

SajPl's Avatar


SajPl
11.16.2012 , 04:19 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Loladarulz View Post
I have on my Sentinel almost full Warhero (no Elite), not minmaxed, stil got a lot of +crit, also have 500 bonus dmg from power - which is decent. I crit between 5k-6k max, 5982 being highest so far. This can still be improved but not that much I think.

8k crits, maybe only on some poor no expertise player. The thing is that other Focus attacks are rather low dmg, so Focus sents are not "that" op except smash annoys people.
Of course the other attacks are fine ... 4k blade storm, 2.5-3k slash, 4.5k dispatch, 7-10k master strike ... totally weak all of those

Lexlo's Avatar


Lexlo
11.16.2012 , 04:53 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
Of course the other attacks are fine ... 4k blade storm, 2.5-3k slash, 4.5k dispatch, 7-10k master strike ... totally weak all of those
lmao this. (5char)

The only thing this spec needed was the broken animation to be fixed. What. A. Joke.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
11.16.2012 , 05:03 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
Of course the other attacks are fine ... 4k blade storm, 2.5-3k slash, 4.5k dispatch, 7-10k master strike ... totally weak all of those
You're citing crits. Big deal.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Drazzen's Avatar


Drazzen
11.16.2012 , 05:38 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
You're citing crits. Big deal.
Maybe, if the tree also didn't add 15% crit to Slash and Dispatch.

They crit a lot yo.

giorgo's Avatar


giorgo
11.16.2012 , 05:48 AM | #47
lolsmash,lolsmash,lolsmash everywhere.I was one of the few last remaining watchman sentinels around.Warzones will be so broken now.lolsmash,lolsmash,lolsmash!!!!

Laginn's Avatar


Laginn
11.16.2012 , 06:06 AM | #48
Expect more laulerfest smasher to be running around now.

HolyFrogx's Avatar


HolyFrogx
11.16.2012 , 06:11 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Drazzen View Post
Let's not get derailed. And I'm hitting for about 6.5k with no Elite Warhero and no itemization on my focus Guardian.
8k hits aren't impossible.
Yes, against recruits and fresh 50s.

We are talking about sentinels, not guardians. It's not the same.
Frogalicious - Gimp Sentinel
Holy Frog - G'imperial Sorc

AKfourtyseven's Avatar


AKfourtyseven
11.16.2012 , 06:37 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutley-Gin View Post
Everybody knows Focus is broken...seen a fresh 50 do 500k...
Whats the ability called Force Sweep? does like 8k crits.
No...

The only way you are hitting 8k is for all of the following to be present:

Set bonus for +10% damage after leap (lots of effort if you are a Sent...)
All mods swapped for high power mods (+39 WH or better)
All Enh swapped for low end high power (+27 end/41 power WH or better)
Might 26 armourings in belt and bracers, or better
The person you are hitting to be a Sorc/Sage &/or with less expertise than you (prob 1.1k or less)

Even then, you may need wz adrenal.

Edit: Anyway, they just need to put focus./smash back to how it was before and everything is fixed
Surik - lvl 50 Guardian
Server : The Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Guild : Coral