Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN new tax

VegaPhone
11.16.2012 , 02:28 AM | #1
I think there is a new tax with selling through the GTN.

Normally, and previously, when placing an item for sale in the GTN we set the sale price and put a deposit for that item.

Normally the deposit is deducted and the sale price is given to us in whole. So after the sale we get the total sale price asked, and a bit of the deposit.

However, now, this has changed with 1.5. Now we lose our deposit and part of our sale revenue that we asked for.

For example lets say I set the sale of an item for 10000 credits and the deposit is 500. (made up numbers)

I 'successfully' sell the item and get 9800 credits back. That is less that my sale price, and my deposit completely deducted.

So, did anyone notice this change? Is this intended? And if it is intended please give a freaking trade tab, and oh btw... that nice perk of buying up to 80 GTN slots... its freaking useless... people wont use the GTN if the hutts are that greedy.

Missandei
11.16.2012 , 02:33 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
I think there is a new tax with selling through the GTN.

Do you aware that there is such thing as «Patch Notes» exists?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

VegaPhone
11.16.2012 , 02:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Do you aware that there is such thing as «Patch Notes» exists?
Quote:
The deposit for items placed on the GTN is now a percentage of the item's value (instead of being based on the player's set price).
How does that mean that I lose my entire deposit and even a deduction to my asking price? Please read what I wrote.

Missandei
11.16.2012 , 02:45 AM | #4
How does that mean that I lose my entire deposit and even a deduction to my asking price? Please read what I wrote.
maybe you placed the items to GTN BEFORE the 1.5 and actually sell them AFTER 1.5?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

VegaPhone
11.16.2012 , 02:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
maybe you placed the items to GTN BEFORE the 1.5 and actually sell them AFTER 1.5?
No, I did not.

I have a screenie to prove it as well. But I have never posted a pic on the internet so I am not sure how complicated that would be.

However, what happened, did happen. You can believe me or not. I was asking firstly, if this was happening to others to try to understand if it is intentional for everyone or a bug for everyone or a few.

Missandei
11.16.2012 , 02:52 AM | #6
No, I did not.

I have a screen to prove it as well. But I have never posted a pic on the internet so I am not sure how complicated that would be.

However, what happened, did happen. You can believe me or not. I was asking firstly, if this was happening to others.

To try to understand if it is intentional or a bug.
I`m not disbelieving or doubting you.
I just checking the options...

Senaini
11.16.2012 , 02:54 AM | #7
That happened to me, as well.

Items placed on the GTN after 1.5 and sold had a much-reduced deposit (as stated in the patch notes) but then a chunk was taken out of the sales price when the sales email arrived.

An item placed on the GTN before 1.5 and sold afterward *seemed* to arrive with less funds than the sales price, but I am not really sure as the one I noticed that did this did not actually list the price (one of those 'someone has purchased something' emails where the player and price are nowhere to be found). I don't list that many things, however, so I'm pretty sure the item that did sell should have netted a higher sales credit amount than what arrived.

While the lower deposit was in the patch notes, the large chunk taken out of the sale was not noted, so I do not know if it is intended.

VegaPhone
11.16.2012 , 02:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Senaini View Post
That happened to me, as well.

Items placed on the GTN after 1.5 and sold had a much-reduced deposit (as stated in the patch notes) but then a chunk was taken out of the sales price when the sales email arrived.

An item placed on the GTN before 1.5 and sold afterward *seemed* to arrive with less funds than the sales price, but I am not really sure as the one I noticed that did this did not actually list the price (one of those 'someone has purchased something' emails where the player and price are nowhere to be found). I don't list that many things, however, so I'm pretty sure the item that did sell should have netted a higher sales credit amount than what arrived.

While the lower deposit was in the patch notes, the large chunk taken out of the sale was not noted, so I do not know if it is intended.
Alright, so I hope the devs see this, and fix it if it is not what they want for the GTN. Personally, I feel its taking out a big cut, and should not be taking out a huge cut from our profits... edit : which in some cases are from buying mats, and items from the GTN which means selling for 5 k profit for a reasonable item that takes time will mean there is less profit and it takes the same amount of time. I think this will impact crafting very negatively especially for items with a low profit margin. Maybe if the market 'adjusts' but the last I checked the raw mats to make items are just as expensive.

Zylaro
11.16.2012 , 03:03 AM | #9
I haven't checked this out on a live server but on the PTS the deposit you put up up front when listing an item was a percentage of the items perceived value. For example an unusual egg has a deposit of about 5 credits. If you sell for 10000 credits you lose about 6 per cent of your eventual sale price which is including your original deposit.

It is going to create some very silly priced items for sale when people realise they don't have to put up a huge deposit up front. On the PTS people were listing common items like a basic medpack for millions just because they could.

VegaPhone
11.16.2012 , 03:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zylaro View Post
I haven't checked this out on a live server but on the PTS the deposit you put up up front when listing an item was a percentage of the items perceived value. For example an unusual egg has a deposit of about 5 credits. If you sell for 10000 credits you lose about 6 per cent of your eventual sale price which is including your original deposit.

It is going to create some very silly priced items for sale when people realise they don't have to put up a huge deposit up front. On the PTS people were listing common items like a basic medpack for millions just because they could.
So we lose 6% of our sales price now. Alright, thats news to me.

I am going to wait for the market to adjust then since I am in a low profit margin market and edit: 6% of sales reducing our profits (profit margin reduced by sales tax is more than 6%) is a big cut when an already invested capital on the mats is used to make those items... and will hope that other sellers realize this and adjust their prices so its worthwhile, or I would be better off running heroics/dailies and not crafting.