Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another slight sentinel nerf...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another slight sentinel nerf...

Larry_Dallas
11.16.2012 , 01:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Drazzen View Post
^Agreed

This is not slight at all. It really pigeon holes Sentis/Maras to roll Focus/Smash spec to be viable.
Well, you've still got Carnage, but Annihilation's -thing- was that its self heals let it dominate the 4m classes at the cost of not having burst. I thought that was a fair trade.

And if marauders in general can be said to be unbalanced, slow self heals in one spec couldn't be said to be why..

Hurts raiders too.

Just a bad change.

HolyFrogx
11.16.2012 , 01:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutley-Gin View Post
Everybody knows Focus is broken...seen a fresh 50 do 500k...
Whats the ability called Force Sweep? does like 8k crits.
Full, Full War Hero with Elites and 600+ bonus damage, cannot hit for 8k.

Stop your BS.
Frogalicious - Gimp Sentinel
Holy Frog - G'imperial Sorc

HolyFrogx
11.16.2012 , 01:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by gravioli View Post
Even with the nerf they are still godly vs pretty much every class.
Still godly, yes agree. But, I have to say being destroyed by an operative without getting a skill off is is a bit lame.
Frogalicious - Gimp Sentinel
Holy Frog - G'imperial Sorc

Zoiks
11.16.2012 , 01:05 AM | #24
It's pretty clear something is wrong..

The problem with maras/sents is their survivability and utility as dps. While certainly healing is a factor in survivability, lowering it only lessens the synergy between healing and MASSIVE defensive cds. And it does nothing to lessen the utility edge they have over every other dps in both pve and pvp.

But it's not unexpected they would go this way, it's what they did to tankasins also, when it was mainly their high dps for a tank spec and not the extra survivability/utility they had over the dps specs that was the problem.

Or how about the problem with PT BH? Too much burst. What's the solution? Make it more difficult to use a few key abilities for both PTs and Mercs, who are already on the bottom tier for pvp dps, but also give them MORE burst.....It seems like there is some kind of strange disconnect going on at EA/BW.

Larry_Dallas
11.16.2012 , 01:07 AM | #25
Can anyone link me the patch notes, actually? Want to see if they changed anything else weird that didn't need to be changed, like, I don't know, Evasion.

Edit: nvm found it.

If there was only going to be one balance-related change, that's one Hell of a weird thing to change.

Drazzen
11.16.2012 , 01:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by HolyFrogx View Post
Full, Full War Hero with Elites and 600+ bonus damage, cannot hit for 8k.

Stop your BS.
Let's not get derailed. And I'm hitting for about 6.5k with no Elite Warhero and no itemization on my focus Guardian.
8k hits aren't impossible.

Drazzen
11.16.2012 , 01:27 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoiks View Post
It's pretty clear something is wrong..
Or how about the problem with PT BH? Too much burst. What's the solution? Make it more difficult to use a few key abilities for both PTs and Mercs, who are already on the bottom tier for pvp dps, but also give them MORE burst.....It seems like there is some kind of strange disconnect going on at EA/BW.
I'm not sure I read this right. Are you saying that Powertechs are on the bottom tier for dps?

J_Fred
11.16.2012 , 01:53 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Drazzen View Post
I'm not sure I read this right. Are you saying that Powertechs are on the bottom tier for dps?
I think he means mercs, however dmg is not the merc's problem, their problem is how easy it is to shut down their rotation. Everyone can literally take turns interrupting a commando and throw in a few giggle emotes while they kill em. Imo, they need to either make tracer missile activated on a really short channel, where you need to really pay attention to your interrupts, and/or make it where you cant interrupt unload. They could also give them more utilities to help them kite melee. An equivalent of a sorc/sage force speed would not be that bad of an idea, both classes do share a healing tree, and a similar kb, why not give commandos a quick speed boost?

Helig
11.16.2012 , 02:00 AM | #29
Now there's no reason to play anything but derpsmash. Derp. I don't get what BW is trying to achieve here.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Legendari
11.16.2012 , 02:12 AM | #30
It's pretty funny how they continue to nerf things that nobody asked to be nerfed and buff things that don't need to be buffed. Sometimes you just have to wonder if they actually put any real time into playing their own game :\
<Wanted> The Shadowlands
Legend - 55 Assassin Explosith - 55 Powertech
Legendari - 54 Marauder Weaponry - 46 Mercenary Intel - 50 Operative
2000+ Ranked Rating (Recruiting Skilled, Objective-Oriented PvPers)