Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Annihilation crit heals nerfed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Annihilation crit heals nerfed?

Cliu's Avatar


Cliu
11.15.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1
"Hungering's healing has been reduced to .5% per point (down from 1% per point)."

So Hungering got nerfed then?...

Helig's Avatar


Helig
11.15.2012 , 03:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliu View Post
"Hungering's healing has been reduced to .5% per point (down from 1% per point)."

So Hungering got nerfed then?...
Of all Marauder specs, they nerfed the least FOTM one. Slash Facepalm.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Cliu's Avatar


Cliu
11.15.2012 , 04:46 PM | #3
What so anni is useless now? I haven't played in a long time, so sorry if I made a mistake >.< /doublefacepalm when one isn't enough.

Helig's Avatar


Helig
11.15.2012 , 05:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliu View Post
What so anni is useless now? I haven't played in a long time, so sorry if I made a mistake >.< /doublefacepalm when one isn't enough.
Nah, I think it's still good. DoT healing got cut in half, but I think I'll live.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
11.15.2012 , 07:04 PM | #5
Pretty minor nerf, comprable to the one carnage got last patch, 30% nerf to Ataru crits, not a game breaker but maybe it will tone down the qq a bit.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
11.15.2012 , 09:01 PM | #6
Far from spec breaking. I think maybe its to tone down the efficiency of the spec 1vs1.

Spec is still very good, you'll just end most fight a few % of health shorter.

Drazzen's Avatar


Drazzen
11.16.2012 , 12:03 AM | #7
This nerf really damages the class beyond repair on both PvE and PvP.

Take for example the trauma debuff.
on a 20k healthpool 2% = 400hp heals reduced to 280.

now they are reduced to 140, less any additional debuffs applied.

The advantage to this class was the sustained damage and as the burns are physical and easily cleansed and don't ignore armor, there really is no use for it. Case in point. How many Marauders have respecced to Focus since 1.4?

Expect Watchman to not even be the best raid spec anymore either.

MrRuck's Avatar


MrRuck
11.16.2012 , 12:24 AM | #8
Here I thought I'd be fine running the spec no one was complaining about. -.-
Lycaeon
< Samurai Pizza Cats >
R.I.P. Dalborra Server

Drazzen's Avatar


Drazzen
11.16.2012 , 12:34 AM | #9
I just don't understand who was screaming for this particular nerf? Every QQ I've read about it indicates that the defensive CDs were the huge problem. What I've also noticed is my guildmate (focus sentinel) has 32% damage mitigation. I really am disappointed with this change.

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
11.16.2012 , 01:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Drazzen View Post
This nerf really damages the class beyond repair on both PvE and PvP.

Take for example the trauma debuff.
on a 20k healthpool 2% = 400hp heals reduced to 280.

now they are reduced to 140, less any additional debuffs applied.

The advantage to this class was the sustained damage and as the burns are physical and easily cleansed and don't ignore armor, there really is no use for it. Case in point. How many Marauders have respecced to Focus since 1.4?

Expect Watchman to not even be the best raid spec anymore either.
Well it effectively lessen your survivability you are going rather far here.

First, you pointed something important : your bleed can be cleased, which mean 0 heal, seems like that disnt change.

2nd - broken beyond repair for PvE? Seriously? Damage hasn't been touched.

3rd- burn/bleed are elemental/internal...they DO ignore armor.


Mara's self heals are now about on par with sin-tank ones.


I'll agree the nerf is slightly unwarranted, but don't go overboard either.