Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
11.15.2012 , 07:03 PM | #3101
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
Its still early. Give it time. If they can monetize it, it'll be in there.

My opinion of these two companies can't get much lower, I'm turning all bitter and grumpy.
Well, if you don't care about the community you supposedly support, offending them isn't much of a bother.

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
11.15.2012 , 07:34 PM | #3102
I used to support the community, point people at the Dev Tracker posts which most recently addressed their questions. A lot of information gets shared, but never on this topic. So I am feeling grumpy and unhelpful.

Now, if they'd actually talk to us, I have a lot to contribute to the community. But it's all snark and sarcasm, all the time until the Comm Team addresses this.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
11.15.2012 , 07:44 PM | #3103
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I used to support the community, point people at the Dev Tracker posts which most recently addressed their questions. A lot of information gets shared, but never on this topic. So I am feeling grumpy and unhelpful.

Now, if they'd actually talk to us, I have a lot to contribute to the community. But it's all snark and sarcasm, all the time until the Comm Team addresses this.
I was talking about Bioware supporting the LGBT (and allies) portion of their player base, rather than Baptes being mean to anyone.

I agree it's hard to be positive when Bioware can't even demonstrate that they remember that this is an issue. It's like as soon as you mention anything same-sex related they have a massive brain fart and lose thirty minutes of conversation and the entire idea just tumbles out of their collective mind into a giant pile of stuff, and whenever you bring the subject back up, they look at you as if you started speaking backwards in Sanskrit.

I... think I need a nap now.

Palar's Avatar


Palar
11.15.2012 , 07:56 PM | #3104
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I used to support the community, point people at the Dev Tracker posts which most recently addressed their questions. A lot of information gets shared, but never on this topic. So I am feeling grumpy and unhelpful.

Now, if they'd actually talk to us, I have a lot to contribute to the community. But it's all snark and sarcasm, all the time until the Comm Team addresses this.
We'd have to be amongst the community first. Feels a lot more like we're stuck outside the proverbial town limits, looking at the lights from our little collection of ghetto tents.

(Thanks to playing DA:O again, got a new Word O' The Day for this: "insouciance" - thanks, Aldous. I looked it up later, like you suggested.)

Baptes's Avatar


Baptes
11.15.2012 , 08:08 PM | #3105
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
We'd have to be amongst the community first. Feels a lot more like we're stuck outside the proverbial town limits, looking at the lights from our little collection of ghetto tents.

(Thanks to playing DA:O again, got a new Word O' The Day for this: "insouciance" - thanks, Aldous. I looked it up later, like you suggested.)
Yep welcome to Hooverville. You gonna eat those canned beans?

conscioushours's Avatar


conscioushours
11.15.2012 , 09:06 PM | #3106
Hey all!

I've been really excited about SGRA's ever since it was first announced and I've been keeping an eye on this thread for months now, but just haven't been able to post since I cancelled my sub in September when I didn't have enough time to play. I kinda promised myself that I wouldn't be coming back to the game until SGRA's are released so just like all of you I'm hoping it will happen sometime soon.

However, I just wanted to pop in and share this Twitter reply I got from Joveth today after asking about SGRA:
https://twitter.com/Joveth/status/269097576807153665

Of course I'm disappointed to hear they don't have any news about it but I'm definitely happy that it finally got some sort of an answer, and based on that reply it still seems to be in development and not abandoned like some people had already hinted in this thread.

valicetra's Avatar


valicetra
11.15.2012 , 11:09 PM | #3107
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
God. I just realised that Fleet will soon be filled with shirtless men.
This nearly inspires me to take over a cantina someplace and have a shirtless dance party.

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
11.15.2012 , 11:54 PM | #3108
Quote: Originally Posted by conscioushours View Post
Hey all!

I've been really excited about SGRA's ever since it was first announced and I've been keeping an eye on this thread for months now, but just haven't been able to post since I cancelled my sub in September when I didn't have enough time to play. I kinda promised myself that I wouldn't be coming back to the game until SGRA's are released so just like all of you I'm hoping it will happen sometime soon.

However, I just wanted to pop in and share this Twitter reply I got from Joveth today after asking about SGRA:
https://twitter.com/Joveth/status/269097576807153665

Of course I'm disappointed to hear they don't have any news about it but I'm definitely happy that it finally got some sort of an answer, and based on that reply it still seems to be in development and not abandoned like some people had already hinted in this thread.
Thanks for sharing that, but it pretty much repeats what Joveth has already said in this thread.

The reason I won't be satisfied with that sort of reply is that we do know the developer team really does have information we have been asking about, in some cases for over a year now, which could be shared. We can infer something is in the way of that, but aren't being told what (and yes, we have asked). We are not even being told whether old information is still current.

We have gotten exactly nothing said about this feature on these forums at all, ever. That has to be deliberate, and shame on whoever is responsible. I am sorry that Allison and Joveth are the crap-catchers for this. I can only advise them to "pay it forward" to those responsible and to press for a release of this info.

I have remained subscribed pretty much to maximize my cartel coin bonus. I have that now. I'll be deciding on my future with this game based on the attention given to this issue. I don't mean re-subbing but even playing, much less spending one red cent on the cartel shop... or any other BW product, ever.

Yes, that is how personal this has become for me. This falls short of even tepid, token inclusiveness by having disparaged the content through inconscionable delay in implementation compared to opposite-gender romantic content, and then refusing to discuss it at all. That's simply inexcusable.

Baptes's Avatar


Baptes
11.16.2012 , 03:10 AM | #3109
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Thanks for sharing that, but it pretty much repeats what Joveth has already said in this thread.

The reason I won't be satisfied with that sort of reply is that we do know the developer team really does have information we have been asking about, in some cases for over a year now, which could be shared. We can infer something is in the way of that, but aren't being told what (and yes, we have asked). We are not even being told whether old information is still current.

We have gotten exactly nothing said about this feature on these forums at all, ever. That has to be deliberate, and shame on whoever is responsible. I am sorry that Allison and Joveth are the crap-catchers for this. I can only advise them to "pay it forward" to those responsible and to press for a release of this info.

I have remained subscribed pretty much to maximize my cartel coin bonus. I have that now. I'll be deciding on my future with this game based on the attention given to this issue. I don't mean re-subbing but even playing, much less spending one red cent on the cartel shop... or any other BW product, ever.

Yes, that is how personal this has become for me. This falls short of even tepid, token inclusiveness by having disparaged the content through inconscionable delay in implementation compared to opposite-gender romantic content, and then refusing to discuss it at all. That's simply inexcusable.
So somewhat related to SGRAs in a "Ok, because of this the silence makes even less sense." kind of way:

EA given best workplace title for LGBT employees

So they are so inclusive and many thought EA is the big push behind the silence on SGRAs. Or maybe it was just me. It still kind of feels like an EAish bait and switch promise the moon and deliver nada thing.

So who exactly is pulling the puppet strings here? Who has the kind of pull to shut down devs talking to us so freaking hard? Marketing? PR? Who? Because at this point, that is the biggest mystery to me. And if/when they ever talk about SGRAs, my first question would be "What or who was keeping you from talking about this to us all along?"

natashina's Avatar


natashina
11.16.2012 , 04:42 AM | #3110
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
So somewhat related to SGRAs in a "Ok, because of this the silence makes even less sense." kind of way:

EA given best workplace title for LGBT employees

So they are so inclusive and many thought EA is the big push behind the silence on SGRAs. Or maybe it was just me. It still kind of feels like an EAish bait and switch promise the moon and deliver nada thing.

So who exactly is pulling the puppet strings here? Who has the kind of pull to shut down devs talking to us so freaking hard? Marketing? PR? Who? Because at this point, that is the biggest mystery to me. And if/when they ever talk about SGRAs, my first question would be "What or who was keeping you from talking about this to us all along?"
At this point, I'd suggest writing to the author of that article and let them know that, despite that little announcement, they have never come directly onto the thread and told us anything about the content that was actually promised to the LGBT gamers in TOR. That with the year almost over and the next big content patch done/almost done, they still treat us like the cousins in the attic as in the old days.

I'm glad they offer a friendly and safe work environment for the LGBT community. I'm truly glad that they do that. Sadly, it doesn't seem to have any bearing with how they are handling this in ToR. If anything, as you pointed out, it makes this more confusing and irritating that they are being so weird about this whole thing. I wonder if any of the LGBT employees there play ToR. I wonder how they would feel if they knew that EA/BW has really done some shady things in the very poor handling of information about the LGBT content promised in game.

This has gotten really to stupid levels. Methinks someone should be wearing a Dunce Cap by now. Yes, I'm trying to be a little nice.

This content was promised and confirmed (by people they left the company), never ever spoken about on the forums officially (unlike pretty much every other topic in the game) mentioned off hand in an unrelated video, reconfirmed via twitter, Tweet was deleted and they keep telling us they can't tell us anything. Oh and they won't even tell the players directly that those comments and promises for the content still stand.

Seriously? This is sloppy sloppy sloppy. Cowardly, a double standard...other not so nice words.

I'd write to massively and such, but my computer has been freezing randomly since yesterday afternoon (complete freeze to the point of needing a hard reset every time) and I'm in a bad mood. I'm just hoping CHKDISC did something to fix it. This probably isn't the best mentality for me to try to write them, but I would encourage others to do the same. Also, anyone know of any good LGBT-friendly gaming blog sites that might care about this double standard?

I need to back off before I add even more things here. No need for a ban.

<retreats from the forums, glaring at her computer and mumbling something about Office Space and fax machines>