Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Balancing Crit / Power / aclarity / surge / accuracy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Balancing Crit / Power / aclarity / surge / accuracy

OsirisZoran
12.19.2011 , 09:52 PM | #1
So i've reached level 35 so far and im starting to wonder how i should ideally be gearing my sith sorcerer. I plan on rocking a 0/30/11 spec at level 50. SO far i've learned that Wisdom and force power are the best upgrades to get for us as pimary stats.

Then i've come to the conclusion to stack more Crit & surge with my more lighting oriented attacks since most of the talents rely on crits & increasing crit damage with aclarity being a secondary concern.

Looking at madness it looks like it would focus more on power then either crit & surge. Then it looks like Accuracy would be necessary for pvp oriented or raid content ?

What do you fellow sorcs feel are the primary stats to focus on with certain builds?
Lord Osilia Zoran
Level 50 Sith Sorcerer
World Terror Federation <FED>
Helm of Graush server

derkokes
12.20.2011 , 06:50 AM | #2
way to early to tell without theory crafting or meters. however none of the talents to me indicate crit+sure would be more valuable than power(if 1 power = 1 damage to a co efficient). therefore

lightning:
will>power>crit&surge>al

madness:
will>power>al>crit&surge

thats all preliminary soon the real numbers will be crunched and we will know more

SySnootles
12.20.2011 , 07:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OsirisZoran View Post
So i've reached level 35 so far and im starting to wonder how i should ideally be gearing my sith sorcerer. I plan on rocking a 0/30/11 spec at level 50. SO far i've learned that Wisdom and force power are the best upgrades to get for us as pimary stats.

Then i've come to the conclusion to stack more Crit & surge with my more lighting oriented attacks since most of the talents rely on crits & increasing crit damage with aclarity being a secondary concern.

Looking at madness it looks like it would focus more on power then either crit & surge. Then it looks like Accuracy would be necessary for pvp oriented or raid content ?

What do you fellow sorcs feel are the primary stats to focus on with certain builds?
Willpower > Power > Alacrity > Force Crit > Surge

Quote:
Force Power increases the bonus damage of our Force abilities much like Willpower.
Willpower provides 0.2 to damage and 0.14 to healing per point. (possibly crit as well)
Force Power provides 0.15 to damage and 0.12 to healing per point.

Alacrity Rating is a stat that was introduced not so long ago. It functions like haste in other MMOs and decreases the activation time of our abilities. Alacrity rating decreases activation and channeling times. Force issues need to be taken into account as well as the question if it affects the GCD or not. If not, it might be of less use to us than otherwise. We will assume it does.

Two further stats of interest are Force Critical Rating and Surge Rating. The first increases our critical chance (the chance to score a critical strike or 150% of the amount an ability hits for) and the latter increases those 150% bonus damage. Of course Surge is useless without high enough crit chance and thus it is possible its value will increase proportionally to our crit. Thus at the start Force Crit will be a higher priority and when we reach a certain threshold, we will value Surge higher.

Most likely we will want to get as much +Willpower on our items as possible. The items we have seen so far contain both secondary stats (FP, Crit) and base stats (WP, Str) without "tax" in the form of item budget (i.e. the item can have WP, Str and Crit or WP, Str and FP, but not all 4 at the same time). This might not be the case for higher level items and as everything else is subject to change.

So, without taking relative stat values or ability coefficients into account, we have something like:
Source

I think that pretty much sums my feelings on the issue
SySnootles is... Darth Rage Quit, a Pure Blooded Sith Sorcerer Healer plying his trade on the Dark Intent guild / Kellian Jarro server.

_Darkstar
12.20.2011 , 07:18 AM | #4
I have heard that there is a cap on Alcracity (Not sure if it is a hard cap or a soft cap) and that can be hit almost incidentally at level 50.

As far as crit is concerned I can see it being very important to Madness spec with it being needed for your self heals, less so on Lightning spec because you get a guaranteed crit on Thunderous Blast so iirc most talents needing crits can be procced via that. That also gets +100% damage from crits so surge will be less important if it has diminishing returns.

Speaking of diminishing returns; do we know which stats are linear and which aren't?
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!