Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LogicLoup
11.15.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2151
Okay, let's try this whole "interacting with the forum" thing again. A Sindri-kid sampler this week, all spoiler-free.

Disarmed (Zhara Sindri, tools of the trade)
Spoiler

Solstice (Alendar Sindri, seasons)
Spoiler

Negotiating Passage (Maneera Sindri, tools of the trade. Long piece is long.)
Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

SveinEternity
11.15.2012 , 04:39 PM | #2152
Hey everyone! I wanted to say that the stories have all been great here and I've been reading them all while I wasnt subbed. I can't wait to get back t writing!
The Eternity Legacy

Earthmama
11.15.2012 , 04:46 PM | #2153
Quote: Originally Posted by SveinEternity View Post
Hey everyone! I wanted to say that the stories have all been great here and I've been reading them all while I wasnt subbed. I can't wait to get back t writing!
Welcome back Svein!

Tatile
11.15.2012 , 07:32 PM | #2154
LogicLoup - Maneera's got some experience under her belt, poor girl :/ Her disbelief came across as being a case of "nice guys aren't" - not that that's necessarily a bad position to have, really.

iamthehoyden
11.15.2012 , 07:59 PM | #2155
Nice trio of stories there, LogicLoup. Maneera hurts my heart a bit. Hope things are looking up for her!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

elliotcat
11.15.2012 , 09:34 PM | #2156
Week of 11/15/12
Deadly Sins - Everyone struggles with one of them at some point: wrath, pride, envy, lust, gluttony, greed, and sloth. Sometimes they spur us on to do good things. Other times, they hurt us and others. Write about your characters' struggles with the worst sins of them all.
Seven Virtues - We're not just sinners, here. We all have our virtuous sides too, and many of our characters take one or more of the traditional "seven virtues" to heart: wisdom, justice, restraint, courage, faith, hope, and charity. Write about a time in which your characters embraced one or more of these virtues and how it affected them.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

LogicLoup
11.15.2012 , 09:37 PM | #2157
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
LogicLoup - Maneera's got some experience under her belt, poor girl :/ Her disbelief came across as being a case of "nice guys aren't" - not that that's necessarily a bad position to have, really.
It's not the years, as the saying goes, it's the mileage. Maneera isn't exactly older than her years, but she's far more cynical than a 23-year-old should be. "Nice guys aren't" is certainly a key piece of her outlook on life, and yes, the driving force behind her assumptions about Conor. While that kind of outlook provides useful insulation for someone in her position, it's also a major stumbling-block to getting out of that position.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Nice trio of stories there, LogicLoup. Maneera hurts my heart a bit. Hope things are looking up for her!
A Gram is Better was pretty solidly the bottom of Maneera's character arc; this is where she begins to heal and rebuild. The road back isn't easy, by any means, but the light ahead isn't an oncoming train

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

bright_ephemera
11.16.2012 , 09:44 AM | #2158
How about Deadly Sins: Wrath done Ruth-less style, the timeline that has progressed to ~18 years post-class-line. Quinn and Wynston are in the galaxy-fixing business together, even if they still don't like each other. Pierce, Junior (no first name) is an apprentice in their operation. This particular story features Wynston and Junior. Spoilers for the end state of Ruth means Compassion; game spoilers for a technology from the Agent Act 1. And, wow, I wrote this whole thing thinking of Wrath as the agent's anger instead of Wrath as Emperor's Wrath. Err, anyway, here goes...

Spoiler

Edit: Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
11.16.2012 , 10:14 AM | #2159
I think I would have Wynston's babies. <3
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

SveinEternity
11.16.2012 , 02:41 PM | #2160
Late prompting!

Prompt: Seasons

Title: Holidays

"
Spoiler

Authors Note: Holidays are the best time of the year when people don't mind giving everything to people they love. And Santa.
The Eternity Legacy