Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Digimanbyte_ID
11.14.2012 , 10:25 PM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Well merge pvp and pve and let RP do whatever. IDC really. If they cannot be happy with a all server merge then good luck to them. leave their server as it is or move them to some RP server on west coast.

All I want is a proper pop to enjoy this game and not have to see the same 20-30 people in all the raids all the time.
That **** isn't going to fly, the best solution would be merging other servers with the same timezone as APAC and ping in the US. I was pretty pissed when I saw APAC servers just being alone, for the obvious reasons that they didn't want to alienate the US customers. No matter what in MMO's oceanic realms will always be third world citizens.

Its sorta stupid that they didn't even implement cross realms instead for the APAC servers.

I don't have much confidence either that F2play will be the solution for the APAC community either, it may gives us a boost but their advertising campaign in australia is 0. At most we might get an influx of prodigal players who will then be on intermittently because the server population problem and queuing is the same issue it is when they left.

Cheezfriend
11.14.2012 , 10:37 PM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by Esno View Post

Next video you make can you show what population is like after say 7pm (as alot are leaving work at 5pm +)
This is what i plan on doing, I'll make a video with several time periods and compare it to the US.

Woot 100 pages and over 1000 posts!

Chaori
11.15.2012 , 06:59 PM | #1003
So, have not logged on as I have been at work all day. How are our populations? For all 3 servers.

vermura
11.15.2012 , 07:08 PM | #1004
I've been on the PvE and PvP servers today and yesterday.

Just to really highlight how bad it is on the PvP server, the fleet population yesterday was 2 people. Me and 1 other person - this is at like 8.00 am, sure, not the busiest time of the day, but you'd still expect SOME people around. It's actually even worse then when I last bothered to login and check out that server, which was like 2 months ago.

Today, sure, was more people, like 30. However, this still is a population you can't do anything with. Queued for hours to get like an entire 2 warzones.

Simply.
Not.
Worth.
Bothering.

At this stage, if there isn't a server merge damn fast you can just turn off the power and unplug these servers cause there will be nothing to merge.

EDIT: To make matters worse, bioware deleted the toons I moved from the swiftsure, even though they said they wouldn't, and now refuses to allow me to move my characters. Yeah thanks, I'm now marooned on a dead server with no recourse. **** you very much.
The Bastion Seraphic Nexus
My toons and their Valor Rank: Setx 100, Sety ~70, Arikall ~80, Arikal ~70, Arikill ~60, Arikrule ~70, Lolgasm ~60, Arikell ~70.
Dark Age of Camelot: Vermura - Midgaard Kay - Realm Rank 10 Healer

Chaori
11.15.2012 , 07:10 PM | #1005
At 8am I doubt any of the new F2Pers would have hit level 10 to even get onto the fleet :P

I'm pretty happy to wait a couple of days to see how it goes

How are the Korriban numbers? Dromund Kaas? Coruscant?

grallmate
11.15.2012 , 07:57 PM | #1006
First day of FTP and servers are going down at 7pm AEDT.... Isn't that just the best way to entice (and retain) APAC players to join?

Servers didn't come back up this morning until after I'd started work and they're going down again before I get home. /endrant
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Chaori
11.15.2012 , 08:05 PM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
First day of FTP and servers are going down at 7pm AEDT.... Isn't that just the best way to entice (and retain) APAC players to join?

Servers didn't come back up this morning until after I'd started work and they're going down again before I get home. /endrant
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Pretty upsetting cause my guild wanted to hit up EC NM straight away

Cheezfriend
11.15.2012 , 08:40 PM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
At 8am I doubt any of the new F2Pers would have hit level 10 to even get onto the fleet :P

I'm pretty happy to wait a couple of days to see how it goes

How are the Korriban numbers? Dromund Kaas? Coruscant?
Steevoo

As at 1:35pm on MDN

Number are for Imperial Only

Fleet: 35
50s: 86
WZs running: 1
Korriban: 12
Hutta: 11
DK: 11

Meanwhile:

The Harbinger is FULL
The Bastion is at Medium Capacity

Maintenance during our peak is only going to have a negative impact.

Will probably see more numbers over the weekend however this will gradually decline.

Forecast: Not looking good!

Raekor
11.15.2012 , 08:48 PM | #1009
What I hate is they don't even bother to tell us what this "emergency" patch is going to be for. I can understand if it is because of an exploit, but as far as I can remember we have had one emergency patch that fit that description, the rest of all been some minor crap, or something majorly buggy that they could have told us about before the down time.

Chaori
11.15.2012 , 08:49 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
What I hate is they don't even bother to tell us what this "emergency" patch is going to be for. I can understand if it is because of an exploit, but as far as I can remember we have had one emergency patch that fit that description, the rest of all been some minor crap, or something majorly buggy that they could have told us about before the down time.
Free to play players can't create more than 1 character, and the item preview screen is bugged.

I doubt it'll take them the full 2 hours to fix it